Same here with insurance mine was £284 for renewal but limited to 5000miles, classic policy with agreed value. As already said you don't build up no-claims. I am hoping I can get in the next bracket (under 3000 miles) on renewal next time, which would be even cheaper.

I actually pay a higher insurance on the day-to-day runabout, which is a renault 1.4 modus (this is a clio sized mpv).

You have all sorts of problems getting a low premium with the main stream companies. Two years ago I had to jump through hoop's with tesco not recognising the thatcham cat 1 alarm system was manufacture standard fit, they said they needed a letter from MG Rover! I got a letter from the Thatcham Secretary confirming the standard fitment and tesco's were forced to accept. By this time I had looked elsewhere and been told about Peter Best, I cancelled Tesco and moved to Peter Best anyway and saved a fortune. You should do your own research but you could save a lot of time and just move to Peter Best knowing this would be the best price.