Dashboard trim?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dashboard trim?

Default Dashboard trim?

Hi guys, I now have my ZT-T home. One question about the trim. The dashboard is grey with a rough texture and it looks like a granit finish. Can anyone tell me what it's called and how do I look after it. I think Autoglym would stain or spoil it and I don't want to do that. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
    Hi guys, I now have my ZT-T home. One question about the trim. The dashboard is grey with a rough texture and it looks like a granit finish. Can anyone tell me what it's called and how do I look after it. I think Autoglym would stain or spoil it and I don't want to do that. Thanks
    I just clean mine with a soft damp cloth Don't use any of these so-called dashboard clean / shine products
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

Quote Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
    Thanks for reply. I'll have to be very careful when cleaning the vinyl above it with Autoglym. I thought cleaner would spoil the look of it

Shot Silk & Supercharged

There are options of what you can do with the dash; when you go green (get your questionnaire back to Tim to get full access to the site) there is a thread on monogram dashes.

In 317 it came with the same grey finish as yours, (there is an earlier version which was the same colour but smooth and shiny), but I have put a real wood dash into it.

The monogram options included solar red as can be seen on eBay just now might be nice on yours?

Quote Originally Posted by ksilver View Post
    There are options of what you can do with the dash; when you go green (get your questionnaire back to Tim to get full access to the site) there is a thread on monogram dashes.

In 317 it came with the same grey finish as yours, (there is an earlier version which was the same colour but smooth and shiny), but I have put a real wood dash into it.

The monogram options included solar red as can be seen on eBay just now might be nice on yours?
    I did think about giving it several coats of clear lacquer to seal it in and smooth it off but I've grown to like it the way it is. Seriously considered copying the car on e bay but now I've seen my one I'll leave it. Got loads of other cleaning etc to gt car to level I think it deserves. Pics will be posted as I carry it out

Bristol / or back home in Cornwall, United Kingdom.

its "Technical Grey"
    colintf
    Colin Murrell
    vin 00242 - Probably the only 260 to have driven the full Le Mans circuit?
    MG Car Club Z Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep.
    MG Car Club V8 Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep
    MG Car Club MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions.
    MG Car Club MGF Register International Liaison Representative

http://www.mgfim.org/

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm

http://www.v8register.net/

http://www.mgfregister.org/

http://www.racethemg.com/ http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Member of MGCC (UK), MGOC, VSCC & TSSC (Triumph Sports Six Club)

Quote Originally Posted by ksilver View Post

<cut>

<cut>
    How did you acquire a wood dash? Rover 75 old stock perhaps or some other method?

Kev

No 317 Oh yes and some greeners's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
    How did you acquire a wood dash? Rover 75 old stock perhaps or some other method?

Kev
    Look on the 75 Owners Club site, plenty of cars being broken with wooden dashes in...

Quote Originally Posted by torque2me View Post

Kev
    Kev, I have an early (real wood) dash if you want one. Regards, Tony.
    Tony Dennis
    I counted them in and I counted them out (with apologies to Brian Hanrahan) - 005, 007, 019, 051, 103, 288, 354, 455, 577, 700 - the story continues.

Quote Originally Posted by tonybubble View Post
    Kev, I have an early (real wood) dash if you want one. Regards, Tony.
    Would that fit a Mk.II ?

Kev