I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making the 260 ownership such a pleasant and simple experience. I'm not at all mechanically minded and owning such a rare beast would have been a terrifying (and potentially expensive) experience if it were not for this forum and a whole bunch of clever people who know how to fix any problem and gladly offer advice/information. Thanks to everyone who has invested their time recording such a wealth of information on this site, particularly the Index section managed by VMax1000 & Nich.

Not only that, but all the social events on offer (a number of which I attended) make you feel part of a family - thanks especially to colintf for those.

And last but not least, all the great characters who make this forum what it is...

So after such a gushing farewell, why am I ending my 260 ownership? Well, after 2 years & 11,000 miles, I got an itch to change cars. However, I've enjoyed the 260 so I replaced it with something that is quite similar: 5 seater family saloon, big american V8, less than 1,000 cars in the UK... a VXR8!

A picture of the two while I was swapping number plates:
("R10" for Rio Red - it doesn't make sense anymore on a grey car, but it's the first number plate my wife has ever been able to remember, so we're keeping it )