Supercharging a 75 V8 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supercharging a 75 V8

Quote Originally Posted by Cribbit View Post
    Surely the auto box map is simple, just use 5th, everywhere...

Its about all I do with mine now. Sounds like a big-block v8 down around 500rpm!
    Isn't it a 4-speed auto with o/d ?
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

Sean And I looked at the possibility of doing the auto but the biggest problem is the torque controlled changes incorporated in the ecu. All things are possible in time but the expense of all the developement to get the correct refinement on the road makes it a non starter. If you fitted our kit to an auto box car it would be into top at about 400rpm due to the torque/load of our blown engine. The box valving would probably have to be changed as well it would be never ending to try and get it right. Sean's comment was " we are not going there" I have had to say sorry to three customers who wanted to blow there Rover V8 Auto cars

Following on from my original post, can I ask what gearbox was fitted on the 75 V8's?

The only reason I ask, is that if you buy the full Kenne Bell kit, it comes with a chip for the auto box, so clearly works with the Mustang auto box, or is it a different gearbox/ECU?

Although it may look tempting it is not always that straight forward.
    The chip that plugs into the J3 port is probably OK for the Mustang.

I wouldn't run it in the UK due to the difference in fuel and probably other things as well.

Eventhough there are some successful convertions with the ZT i wouldn't say the same applies for the 75

As always it takes someone to take the plunge but the fact that Sean and Brian stayed clear of it is a good indicator.
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.