Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Thanks for the info so far. Of the two, I think that the Mark one is preferable. I'm in Salisbury, so it's a far old trip up to see that one in Lincs.
Now to the issue of insurance, as this is a first 'extra' car, I am classed as having no NCD, despite having 20 yrs+ of claim free motoring. I have a company car, Merc E Class, and a Fiat 500 that my wife uses. It is this that has the NCD. any tips on insurance, companies etc?
What is the road tax on a 260, those CO2 figs are eye watering. I know I don't buy a beast like a 260 for its green credentials - I'll plant a tree or something - maybe even 2. I'm near the New Forest so there are loads of trees already, so my conscience is clear, if a little smokey!
Why don't you transfer the NCD to the MG and start the Fiat 500 off as the newly insured car. When I first bought mine I registered it in the wife's name, I pay £323 with Aviva. I changed from an Admiral Multicar policy last year when they hiked up all their prices, remember loyalty counts for nothing these days with Insurance Companies.
Road Tax on my 04 reg is £260 (may have gone up to £270 now).

Nich.

PS.... Forget the trees, they are overrated.