Hello - new member thinking of buying?............

Thread: Hello - new member thinking of buying?............

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/3731623.htm

Greetings one and all. New member asking for your help. Am interested in a purchase and have seen this on piston heads. Thinking of going to have a look at this, but I am three hours away from it. What do I need to be looking out for or at least ask in advance.

I have sent an emai lot the owner, and received this info

"Hi ,as the ad states the book has 9 service stamps,i have a couple of bills showing replacement rear discs,fuel pump etc! Car was sold as a demonstrator ,bought by a lady director who owned for around 3 to 4 years, sold to the guy i bought it from who owned it for around 3 years using only as a Sunday car. It is an honest car with no problems. I have had all oils changed as the ad says.
    I bought it last July however since i MOTd it in November i have done around 500 miles,it's just not being used.Happy to sell and happy to keep,which ever? I will carcoon it and keep as investment if i don't sell.''

I have seen another on eBay at a small 2nd hand dealer about 30 miles away http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-04-MG...#ht_1911wt_984

Is there are a preference btwn Mk 1 and Mk 2. I have heard that a Mk 1 is better as less affected by project drive. Comments welcome.

My father and I already have an RV8 which we've had for around 4 years and love it. A ZT would go well with it. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Ric
    Three hours away in which direction? If it is from the south then you are welcome to look at mine en route( I am just off the A1 near Huntingdon) if you want to use it as a benchmark against the car(s) you are thinking of buying. Just send me a PM.

I have an RV8 too as well as the 260...no prizes for guessing which one has done more miles since Christmas...
    Last edited by ianq; 10-04-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: cos i carnt spelllll
    ZTV8 gone...Lotus gone....RV8 now lives happily in garage with Matra Bagheera and Aston Martin DB7