As it was such a nice day yesterday...

Thread: As it was such a nice day yesterday...

...no ... I am ... really spartacus's Avatar

Default As it was such a nice day yesterday...

... I thought I'd give the4 car a wash and brush up, which is quite therapeutic in a strange way.

Anyway, over the course of the few hours I was out there buffing, three different people stopped to pay a compliment... not to the shiny 260, but to the red Spider sat next to it waiting for a wash

Seems like a big black V8 will never have the pulling power of a small Italian soft top. Ho hum. And, I don't think any of the blokes that stopped for a chat were hairdressers!
    Mark Willcox - Unsnared, like the wind in a net. Unsmeared, like a lotus in water. Leader of others, by others unled: The enlightened call him a sage

Quote Originally Posted by spartacus View Post
    ... I thought I'd give the4 car a wash and brush up, which is quite therapeutic in a strange way.

Anyway, over the course of the few hours I was out there buffing, three different people stopped to pay a compliment... not to the shiny 260, but to the red Spider sat next to it waiting for a wash

Seems like a big black V8 will never have the pulling power of a small Italian soft top. Ho hum. And, I don't think any of the blokes that stopped for a chat were hairdressers!
    That's because they only see the outside, it's what's underneath that counts.:-)
    There is no substitute for cubic inches!

I'm aching after washing and claying the car yesterday evening and getting up early to polish it this morning. Ive never used a claybar before but what a revelation! And it makes waxing so much easier. The result is quite satisfying.
    Stuart Clough
    #74 in Copperleaf Red, ex-#314 in Starlight Silver

It's not what you do, it's how you do it

themotorforum.co.uk

Ex-Mod, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by peterv8 View Post
    That's because they only see the outside, it's what's underneath that counts.:-)
    Thats what I tell the GF.

"Beauty is only skin deep"
    ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple