parts for sale - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: parts for sale

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
    all i need guys is the engine to sell and ill sell separately or the lot for a group buy
    ill not let yous down
    Ok, so tell me about this engine. What's its history, condition, age...

What does it come with? Are we talking about a ready to run engine that's part of the front stuff up?

Has it been stored for a while? Has it be been stored properly?
    Chris Fairbairn

260SE #246

SHM Forged short block
    Dreadnought Kenne Bell charger conversion
    VHS handling pack

Archived Member

chris the engine is an ex factory mg svr engine with the heads teaped 033 dreadnought have told me its one of the original sean hyland engines without the valve angles changed for the svr as requested by mgr this meaning it has to be run on higher octane fuel but hasnt got the 15/20 hp dropp as caused by the head work the engine with the right headers will be 400 bhp ish and is complete and been stored properly and is not part of the front axle assemblie
    regards jimmie biggam,where else could you get a new 400 bhp engine for 2.5 k

Jimmie, I don't suppose you've got a spare throttle cable lying about the garage? I've passed by a few times going to the Saints matches, and keep saying to my son, ' must pop in and say hello', but there's always something to rush back home for.

MG TAM #466

Quote Originally Posted by pider100 View Post
    a spare throttle cable ..............
    Available to order from Xpart - Rimmers will show no stock as it's special order item
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Yeah Thanks Colin. I mailed them yesterday infact. Just thought if Jimmie had one spare, I'd be as well paying him for one.

MG TAM #466

Archived Member

tam ive been so busy opening my new place at george street ive not had time to come on but im sorry i dont have a spare throttle cable but im glad your sorted
    if i dont sell my project soon it looks as if it will come to george street ,but as its smaller than well street i was trying move it on to give me more space
    cheers jimmie biggam

No problem jimmie. I will make a point of popping in to see you when I'm back home. So you are moving lock/stock and all to George st? When do you expect to be flitted then?

MG TAM #466

Hi this may sound like a dum question but would this motor drop straight into a standard road car and run? How much tie up is there between the engine ecu and the rest of the car. Im just a newbie regards terry

Quote Originally Posted by re5rotary View Post
    Hi this may sound like a dum question but would this motor drop straight into a standard road car and run? How much tie up is there between the engine ecu and the rest of the car. Im just a newbie regards terry
    No it won't. Not enough space for a 32V. Trying to link it to the rest of the car via the Gateway ECU will be difficult as well.
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

Anything is possible with know how and money... but yeah doesn't fit straight in and generally you will loose the heater matrix etc... If you were going to have a track day car only then this would be a good purchase.

I am definitely still up for the VHS Kit.

Going away for a week though tomorrow night so might not be on here as not sure if the resort has internet. So yeah hopefully I can get on if we have movement but if not I will be back online Sunday 8th April.
    Martin Hazlewood