Why is it still for sale ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is it still for sale ?

Default Why is it still for sale ?

Hi there...
    i`ve already posted on here regarding the nightfire red saloon that was on autotrader, but forgot to say that i`m currently looking for an affordable 260..... so i`m looking at the green facelift for sale by Monty`s of Penarth on Pistonheads.. It`s been there for weeks, and i know it`s done 99,000 miles, but i`m a bit unsure as to why it`s not been snapped up at its price.... does anyone know if it`s got a hidden `history` or something...?
    in case you`re interested, I`ve now had my 75 facelift cdti tourer for 4 years and still love it, but i really really really want a 260 as my fun car...As you might see in the avatar, i`ve got a marina 1.8 tc coupe, which i`m sadly selling along with my 110 county landy to fund the car, so a big step for me, and hopefully i`m doing the right thing ! (got an Alfa Spider too, but keeping that !!)
    Many thanks folks...
    Jim
    Last edited by B8JBB; 24-02-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Not sure why it is still for sale, but it was for still for sale at Montys when I bought mine in November 2010!!!!!!

Trouble is, being on 99k, the minute it goes over 100k its a different car, phsycological factor!

Ohhh it has xpowers.... wonder if they want to sell them seperately....

I honestly don't know sorry, where abouts are you in the country in relation to it? do you know the vin number?

BU reg number could indicate an ex press car or not...
    Martin Hazlewood

Im in the middle of scotland between Glasgow and Edinburgh so not really close enough just to have a eee look at it. i think i can see some green overspray on the nearside silencer, and maybe very subyle differences in colour ftom panel to bumpers....not sure though...
    i really like it, just a tad wary....

Bit of a trek... I know a few people who have done similar journeys... but it is a long way. I was going to head cardiff way for my exhausts to be done if I couldn't pick up a set of xpowers but that won't be for another month probably... or at very earliest a couple of weeks...
    Martin Hazlewood

Hi Martin
    Who does exhausts in Cardiff?
    Is it "Long Life"?
    Dave

I noticed this car when I was looking & the mileage did put me off & I didn't see any mention of a service history which at that mileage would of given me piece of mind. I got my 260 with half that mileage with excellent history for similar money so don't rush into buying one, take your time & the right one will come along + your best bet is to place a wanted add on here. It worked for me!

Just read the advert again on his site & it has got full service history, done every 6k!

Quote Originally Posted by jenksman View Post
    Hi Martin
    Who does exhausts in Cardiff?
    Is it "Long Life"?
    Dave
    Ooh are those x powers too loud for you Dave
    It is a company called prospeed and it is all custom from British steel etc... Wynn aka eurorover uses them.
    Martin Hazlewood

I think you have to think more like the yanks ie they want there cars to return high mileages on the engine it's said they are good for 250k and are not fully fun in until 30-50k I can sort of agree with that as mine returned better R/R figures at at a later mileage. So don't be put off to much by the figures but do ues them to barter the price down though

Supercharged