zt 385 for sale - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: zt 385 for sale

Quote Originally Posted by ColinE View Post
    This is simply one of the finest examples there is - immaculately prepared and maintained, a credit to him and one that many of us would like to own should the funds permit - or put it another way, if I win the lottery tonight, it'll be mine all mine
    May not need the lottery (just yet) but would not say no! anyway thanks for your coments,as I say given the price of the car (don't think much room for haggling) need to get as much information as possible to convince the wife 600 mile round trip was worth it !

Bristol / or back home in Cornwall, United Kingdom.

if i already didnt own #242 this would be the one to go for
    colintf
    Colin Murrell
    vin 00242 - Probably the only 260 to have driven the full Le Mans circuit?
    MG Car Club Z Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep.
    MG Car Club V8 Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep
    MG Car Club MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions.
    MG Car Club MGF Register International Liaison Representative

http://www.mgfim.org/

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm

http://www.v8register.net/

http://www.mgfregister.org/

http://www.racethemg.com/ http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Member of MGCC (UK), MGOC, VSCC & TSSC (Triumph Sports Six Club)

Saw Linden's car last year at a meet. It's an absolute stunner and well worth the dosh.
    If I had an understanding wife, the money and room for another 260 it wouldn't be up for sale right now.

It would be good if it would go to an enthusiast...........so make the trip and your wife will understand on the way back
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

Hi Monty,

If you have the money, buy it before someone else does! I have a Roush Supercharged car myself and having driven my standard car for 14 months before I added the S/C, the supercharged car wins hands down. The car puts a smile on my face every time I get in it, what more can you ask from in a car?

Regards

Nigel
    Nigel Baines

MG ZT 385 SE Starlight Silver
    Reg 29 Sep 04 Vin No 496
    `Roush Supercharger fitted 07 Feb 11`

`Do...or do not, There is no try.`

Hi Monty

I drove my standard 260 for 3½ years before Linden did the Roush transplant about 10 months ago. Big, big grin when I picked it up from him but always drooled over his car and the effort he was putting into it to make it just right. It's stunning.

Take a look at this Youtube link of my car at Croft. The noise of that supercharger wine should convince you but if not just go and have a look at Lindens, take the cash with you and expect to take the long route home. Your resulting grin will be measured in feet.

Life's to short not to.
    Dave Rushfirth

Empty garage where #138 used to be

If you have driven a normal 260 and enjoyed it then Lindens will blow ou away! I have seen this car many times and if I hadn't already of supercharged mine then I would be buying this one. The supercharger makes this car drive how it should have left the factory. The stereo system is top spec from an BMW M3 from the era so what would have been put into ours next and even now costs over £1k second hand to update to that spec.
    Superchared cars are very few and far between (had a spate recently though) when they come up for sale and this for the price can't be beat especially if you want a one off.
    Linden is a top bloke and has spared no expense on this one and that little extra spent now will be worth it in the long run, getting a cheaper car would be false economy especially if you are after a supercharged car or getting a supercharger fitted.

Talking myself into buying it now lol. Honestly if this was before mine got supercharged I would buy this and sell mine!
    Martin Hazlewood

Thanks gents for all your reply's - have sent e-mail to Linden, just need to overcome the 300 mile trip (due to work ect) to have a look

Thanks to you all

Quote Originally Posted by monty 48 View Post
    Thanks gents for all your reply's - have sent e-mail to Linden, just need to overcome the 300 mile trip (due to work ect) to have a look

Thanks to you all
    If you have the dosh to hand and you like the colour, I dont know what you are waiting for!

If I had the dosh, we wouldnt be having this conversation and I would be hooning up the road with a big smile on my face!

Indeed Martin, pretty much what I said to Linden recently when he put in my engine, even though I had the new Roush stood by waiting. But, I've had my car since new and am somewhat attached to it. In any case, I specifically wanted a Mk1 and I prefer Starlight.

Bad luck Linden; whoever it is who messed you about has missed a good car; the 'Real Deal' 'Zt385' so to speak. I thought it was taking a while and, excuse me for mentioning it, but I believe was responsible for putting my car back, a bit.
    In my opinion you sold it cheap anyway; it's worth top dollar anybody whose interested and looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Coasting View Post
    If you have the dosh to hand and you like the colour, I dont know what you are waiting for!

If I had the dosh, we wouldnt be having this conversation and I would be hooning up the road with a big smile on my face!
    Sent e-mail to Lindon to see if I can look at his car Saturday, just waiting for his reply