ZT 260 non SE? for sale - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ZT 260 non SE? for sale

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmonkey View Post
    Another thing I was going to ask is do the SE extras make a big difference or can I get away with certain sacrifices?
    I think it depends on model year and options fitted by the factory, I have seen a real basic spec Mk1 with manual rear windows in the past.
    I have a Mk1 SE, it has all I need along with some stuff ie sunroof I'd prefer without, I haven't got traction control or cruise, cruise would be nice, not so bothered about the traction for what I use I for, possible adds to the fun without. The thing is I guess look at all cars that come along and choose the colour/ spec that you
    will be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I think it depends on model year and options fitted by the factory, I have seen a real basic spec Mk1 with manual rear windows in the past.
    I have a Mk1 SE, it has all I need along with some stuff ie sunroof I'd prefer without, I haven't got traction control or cruise, cruise would be nice, not so bothered about the traction for what I use I for, possible adds to the fun without. The thing is I guess look at all cars that come along and choose the colour/ spec that you
    will be happy with.
    I have a basic Mk1 with manual rear windows(seems the wrong way round to me,should be manual front and electric rear as I can reach the front ones from the drivers seat,but not the rear ones).

I would rather have less gizmos less to go wrong and less weight.

The only thing I do miss is a sunroof,but even then I'd rather have a manual one.

I think id prefer to have a Mk 2 shape just because ive already got a Mk 1 190. I would like the extras in the SE maybe cruise control (not much need for it in the UK i know) heated seats and satnav etc. Im just going to have to wait for it to appear on auto trader or whatever. I do like the one in this thread just £950 over my budget and even then its a non SE...

Quote Originally Posted by stevenw View Post
    I have a basic Mk1 with manual rear windows(seems the wrong way round to me,should be manual front and electric rear as I can reach the front ones from the drivers seat,but not the rear ones).

I would rather have less gizmos less to go wrong and less weight.

The only thing I do miss is a sunroof,but even then I'd rather have a manual one.
    Trouble with the sunroof it's another possible leak source and I use the extras that the SE has because most of the time it's there, rather than needing it. The electric seats for example, once adjusted they don't get moved, they aren't memory ones and I'm the only driver. The one and only thing that is nice and only because the seats are leather, is they are heated, cold in the winter! I didn't set out to get an SE, just a V8 that happened to be an SE.

I think id prefer to have a Mk 2 shape just because ive already got a Mk 1 190. I would like the extras in the SE maybe cruise control (not much need for it in the UK i know) heated seats and satnav etc. Im just going to have to wait for it to appear on auto trader or whatever. I do like the one in this thread just £950 over my budget and even then its a non SE...
    Yes,I think the important thing to do is decide exactly what you do want(ie Mk2 SE maybe),what you dont want (maybe certain colours or over a certain mileage) and what you're flexible on(maybe a ZT or a ZTT,or a choice of certain colours).
    Then set your budget,make sure you've got the money ready for when you need it,then just keep looking every day and when you see one you want,make your mind up quick before some one else beats you to it.

I think id prefer to have a Mk 2 shape just because ive already got a Mk 1 190. I would like the extras in the SE maybe cruise control (not much need for it in the UK i know) heated seats and satnav etc.
    I had very much the same opinion - coming from a Mk1 190, I wanted a Mk2 260. And the non-SE was too basic for my taste (manual rear windows in the car I saw).

I do like the one in this thread just £950 over my budget and even then its a non SE...
    It does seem a little expensive, all things considered. Although a Mk2 SE for £5K is probably going to mean high mileage.
    Former owner of VIN 878 Rio Red
    [URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/StephenL/zt-2][IMG]http://www.fuelly.com/smallsig-uk/44945.png[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Trouble with the sunroof it's another possible leak source and I use the extras that the SE has because most of the time it's there, rather than needing it. The electric seats for example, once adjusted they don't get moved, they aren't memory ones and I'm the only driver. The one and only thing that is nice and only because the seats are leather, is they are heated, cold in the winter! I didn't set out to get an SE, just a V8 that happened to be an SE.
    I've never had any trouble with leaky sunroofs on previous Rovers and minis but I had heard that they can cause problems on 260s before I bought one.

I just wanted a blue Mk1,it just happened not to have a sunroof,if it had had a sunroof I still would have bought it.

I've also got alacantra seats which I prefer to leather

Quote Originally Posted by StephenL View Post
    I had very much the same opinion - coming from a Mk1 190, I wanted a Mk2 260. And the non-SE was too basic for my taste (manual rear windows in the car I saw).

It does seem a little expensive, all things considered. Although a Mk2 SE for £5K is probably going to mean high mileage.
    yes probably although I have seen cars around the 5k mark with lowish miles go. Im tempted to go for a higher mileage 260 for around 4k and save the money for petrol lol.

Just seen this for sale, Green (BRG?) SE Mk2 X-Powers. The milage is slightly hi 99K but no problem if theres history £5.495

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2266862.htm

Possible overspray on Xpowers in 1 pic
    Nigel Baines

MG ZT 385 SE Starlight Silver
    Reg 29 Sep 04 Vin No 496
    `Roush Supercharger fitted 07 Feb 11`

`Do...or do not, There is no try.`

Quote Originally Posted by Bainzi View Post
    Just seen this for sale, Green (BRG?) SE Mk2 X-Powers. The milage is slightly hi 99K but no problem if theres history £5.495

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2266862.htm

Possible overspray on Xpowers in 1 pic
    Looks like a good deal with the SE 'ness and MOT etc. not sure on colour but thats just picky