I have owned the hybrid ZT-T, VIN 000025 for 7 trouble free months but now run in to a couple of problems. Have checked some previous posts & got some info but it takes for ever to go through all the info.Car currently with local dealer Beech Hill as locking wheel nut socket went missing!
First thing-have a broken rear spring which they tell me are NLA. They have someone who will make a pair but are quoting £190 each unfitted. Are they available anywhere else? The broken one is covered under insurance warranty but am sure they won't wear replacing both springs,which seems sensible / essential?
Second thing relates to rear discs & pads. I bought the car including a C service with no advisories. Since then I've done 3500 miles & last week could hear what I thought was, & turned out to be, metal to metal from the rear brakes.Pads had worn down to metal! Ouch!!
Keen to talk to supplying dealer but need to be better informed. My understanding is that the rear discs are unique to 260's & are oversized relative to standard ZT-T. Does that mean that they take a relatively high load & could wear out quite quickly? Seems to me that someone has cocked up & not done proper inspection but want to be better armed before I deal with this.
I have been quoted £446 per disc & £75 for EBC Redstuff pads all ex fitting, with a total 3.5 hours to carry out all above work. From forum I believe discs can be skimmed but my local dealer had no idea who could do that or what it would cost.
From forum it looks as if the pads are all or any of Mintex MDB1890 used on VX220, Lotus Elise, Mitsubishi Lancer, EVO or 350Z?
Rabbiting on a bit but hopefully someone can give me some leads.