Upgraded to a paying member - how do I alter my acocunt to show the pics? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgraded to a paying member - how do I alter my acocunt to show the pics?

I'm another non-owner who is unable to view pics of cars for sale.
    Have mentioned it numerous times but still occurs.
    I usually send a PM to advertisers to get their images sent privately but not all sellers can be bothered.
    Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    I've just logged out of everything and then gone back into the forum as a guest. Without logging in again I can view the gallery as a guest. Strange........

Nich.
    Lol don't suppose you would be willing to post the full web address you had in your web browser when you could see the images as a guest would you?
    Last edited by cris_19010689; 22-12-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Do you just use one computer or do you have access to others?
    Try using another computer to access the site, see if you can see the pictures.

The members section challenge comes up sometimes. It suits owners, but can be a problem

I have registered (but rarely go) on other sites since my ownership (of my ZTT, F, Speed Triple), this site is the only one that is pertinant to the purpose and not full of ill informed (& stupid0 posts.

I have access to two other computers and an I-pad - none of these will give me access to any pictures on the forum whether I am logged in as a guest or as a "public" member...fully stumped by this one!! I guess when I have the funds I will have to just ask the sellers of cars which sound like the types I would be interested in to forward their images to me but it would probably end in 99% of the time that it is a fruitless exercise if the car doesn't look how I intend my car to be. All this would be solved if the blummin' pictures would load

Hi Chris,
    The problem you are having is not unique, the new vBulletin software is quirky in the area of galleries and access arrangements. There have been times when even though full members have been logged in when they view the gallery they are asked to login again. It must be frustrating but bear with us, we will sort it out.

Try this:http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g2...Enjoying%20MG/

Nich.
    Nicholas John Peter Tinker - # 484

Manufactured on Tuesday 27th April 2004 @ 12.17.47.
    Commission Number: 24468.
    Brochure Model: M3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS.
    Specification Code: L01B.
    CICode: D1511.
    Trim Level: TL8.9 (M3).

65th ZT-T 260SE to be made out of 115.
    11th ZT-T 260 SE in Pearl Black (PBT) out of 23 produced.

Manufactured in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd.

OK, just tried it on a 'clean' computer. Went to the main site front page, clicked on the image which then gave me the 4 options, info-gallery-forum-featured car. Clicked on gallery-events-Tangmere and the thumbnails display but when I clicked on one of them it asked me to register but in the top right hand corner I clicked on login and used a generic username and password with limited access rights, this logged me in and allowed me to view the images full size.
    When I went back to the forum it allowed me to view but when I went to post a reply to a thread it asked me to register again, I clicked on login again and entered the generic username and password with limited access which then allowed me to post in the public area
    I wonder whether people trying to gain access are being put off by the message asking them to register rather than using the login link in the top right hand corner?

Hope this helps.

Nich.

Bristol / or back home in Cornwall, United Kingdom.

OK, just tried it on a 'clean' computer. Went to the main site front page, clicked on the image which then gave me the 4 options, info-gallery-forum-featured car. Clicked on gallery-events-Tangmere and the thumbnails display but when I clicked on one of them it asked me to register but in the top right hand corner I clicked on login and used a generic username and password with limited access rights, this logged me in and allowed me to view the images full size.
    When I went back to the forum it allowed me to view but when I went to post a reply to a thread it asked me to register again, I clicked on login again and entered the generic username and password with limited access which then allowed me to post in the public area
    I wonder whether people trying to gain access are being put off by the message asking them to register rather than using the login link in the top right hand corner?

Hope this helps.

Nich.
    that's what I get as well
    colintf
    Colin Murrell
    vin 00242 - Probably the only 260 to have driven the full Le Mans circuit?
    MG Car Club Z Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep.
    MG Car Club V8 Register V8 ZT/ZTT Rep
    MG Car Club MGF Register Regional Rep for Devon & Cornwall and Cotswold Regions.
    MG Car Club MGF Register International Liaison Representative

http://www.mgfim.org/

http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htm

http://www.v8register.net/

http://www.mgfregister.org/

http://www.racethemg.com/ http://www.triple-mracing.com/

Member of MGCC (UK), MGOC, VSCC & TSSC (Triumph Sports Six Club)

Quote Originally Posted by colintf View Post
    that's what I get as well
    i have full access to the entire forum apart from images posted in posts mainly on the "for sale section" this happens whether i am logged in or not

You probably have full access to the entire public section of the forum. The issue regarding images within posts, whichever section they may be in, is to do with where they are stored, some upload their images to the gallery and put a link in their post to the gallery, others upload to a hosting site such as photobucket. I would imagine that the images you are having a problem viewing are those uploaded to the forum's gallery which takes us back full circle.

Do you see a thumbnail in the post or a placeholder instead of the image?

When you visit the gallery, if you use the login can you then see the full size images?

Are you able to access the link I posted above in post#14?

Nich.

You probably have full access to the entire public section of the forum. The issue regarding images within posts, whichever section they may be in, is to do with where they are stored, some upload their images to the gallery and put a link in their post to the gallery, others upload to a hosting site such as photobucket. I would imagine that the images you are having a problem viewing are those uploaded to the forum's gallery which takes us back full circle.

Do you see a thumbnail in the post or a placeholder instead of the image?

When you visit the gallery, if you use the login can you then see the full size images?

Are you able to access the link I posted above in post#14?

Nich.
    260s image.jpg

The screenshot is what i can see when i look at all posts with images in them. then when i click the image link, it just tells me i dont have sufficient permission or that my account is awaiting activation
    I can access the link you posted in #14 yes

I know it's not the ideal way but using your screenshot as an example, if you navigate to the Two-Sixties Gallery, select Members Galleries and then select s in the alphabetical listing in the centre of the screen. Then select Stefano (the member posting the images you want to view) and click on the thumbnail (not his name!) then you should be able to view the images he has attached to his post. You may have to use your login to view the gallery.

I know it's very unsatisfactory but try it and let me know if it works, in the meantime I am hoping that we can sort out the permissions to avoid this problem in the future.

Nich