Upgraded to a paying member - how do I alter my acocunt to show the pics?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgraded to a paying member - how do I alter my acocunt to show the pics?

Default Upgraded to a paying member - how do I alter my acocunt to show the pics?

Hi all,

Have bitten the bullet and joined the MGOC. I now have my membership no - 311431-12
    how do i link that to my forum account on here so that i can see the pics on the forum?

Cheers, Chris

Do you have a V8, sorry if I missed it, but I think you need car as well

Quote Originally Posted by cris_19010689 View Post
    Hi all,

Have bitten the bullet and joined the MGOC. I now have my membership no - 311431-12
    how do i link that to my forum account on here so that i can see the pics on the forum?

Cheers, Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Coasting View Post
    MGOC membership and owning a V8 is what gets you into here

When you registered you should have received a form to fill in

Once done you should be OK
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

But that does not explain why he can't see images in the public section
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Ex-Mod, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by ColinE View Post
    But that does not explain why he can't see images in the public section
    Hopefully green will sort it out.

Are there any other non members who can not see pictures in the public section?

Happy Christmas to all MG enthusiast
    Last edited by AndyG; 21-12-2011 at 01:05 AM.
    ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple

Quote Originally Posted by Coasting View Post
    To be honest right, the idea of registering on here was to find out more about these cars and have a unique insight into what to look for when looking to buy one. Whats the point in registering in order to see images of cars for sale if you already own one?? No offence to anyone but that fallacy is pants and it stinks. I love the mg 260's and I will get one eventually (mid 2012 probably) but it seems that this forum is very "hidden" and seemingly you have to be a member of an elite group in order to have full access...sadly, im fast losing interest in this forum which is a real shame as I would love to be fully included. Is there no way of "altering" my profile to include my MGOC number??? or will I have to re-register...again?! maybe i'm being thick or maybe the 9 days solid at work has finally had an effect on my computing capabilities...

cheers

I've checked through the permission etc and it should allow viewing of the gallery for Registered users so I'm stumped to what the problem could be. Justin are you able to look at this? We'll sort it out Cris.

To be honest right, the idea of registering on here was to find out more about these cars and have a unique insight into what to look for when looking to buy one. Whats the point in registering in order to see images of cars for sale if you already own one?? No offence to anyone but that fallacy is pants and it stinks. I love the mg 260's and I will get one eventually (mid 2012 probably) but it seems that this forum is very "hidden" and seemingly you have to be a member of an elite group in order to have full access...sadly, im fast losing interest in this forum which is a real shame as I would love to be fully included. Is there no way of "altering" my profile to include my MGOC number??? or will I have to re-register...again?! maybe i'm being thick or maybe the 9 days solid at work has finally had an effect on my computing capabilities...

cheers
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

cheers

I can see it being frustrating, but I dont think the problems you have viewing pictures are intentional, ie I think you should be able to see the pictures, it is just a technical issue that is preventing you rather than a desire to keep you out.

Hopefully one of the techies will sort it out for you. feel free to ask us if you want one us to send you pics of something in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I've checked through the permission etc and it should allow viewing of the gallery for Registered users so I'm stumped to what the problem could be. Justin are you able to look at this? We'll sort it out Cris.
    I've just logged out of everything and then gone back into the forum as a guest. Without logging in again I can view the gallery as a guest. Strange........

Nich.
    Nicholas John Peter Tinker - # 484

Manufactured on Tuesday 27th April 2004 @ 12.17.47.
    Commission Number: 24468.
    Brochure Model: M3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS.
    Specification Code: L01B.
    CICode: D1511.
    Trim Level: TL8.9 (M3).

65th ZT-T 260SE to be made out of 115.
    11th ZT-T 260 SE in Pearl Black (PBT) out of 23 produced.

Manufactured in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd.

Ex-Mod, RIP

Do you just use one computer or do you have access to others?
    Try using another computer to access the site, see if you can see the pictures.

The members section challenge comes up sometimes. It suits owners, but can be a problem

I have registered (but rarely go) on other sites since my ownership (of my ZTT, F, Speed Triple), this site is the only one that is pertinant to the purpose and not full of ill informed (& stupid0 posts.

Last edited by AndyG; 22-12-2011 at 10:59 AM.
    ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple