What does it mean to me?

Thread: What does it mean to me?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have to agree and when I was looking to replace my MG ZT 260 SE, what better car to replace it with than another MG ZT 260 SE-but this time with a Kenne Bell twin screw supercharger !! Most of the people I've sold ZT or 75 V8's to have bought them because of some age old lurve of the V8 and it's soundtrack. The fuel is only a minor issue when compared to the-!!

I have driven many different performance cars on road and track and I love the 260. That is praise indeed as I have been fortunate to have legally been taught and able to drive some very powerful cars over the years on our great roads at speeds well in excess of the highest speed limit. I waited a long time to get one. It ticks all my boxes but not unfortunately those of my wife. Will fight to keep it as long as I can even if it has to become my third car!

The 260's? Well I was advised to join by Steve Tyler of British Legends. Have not looked back. I don't do forums generally but the comraderie, help of members and vast array of knowledge is awesome. Haven't met many of you but I feel part of the club - which in these days where clubs and societies are very cliquey is welcoming. One never feels awkward asking the stupid question. May it long continue.

Have a great Christmas guys! (collective term covers girls as well as I know some own and drive 260s)
    regards
    Steve
    Sent from my IPAD
    Steve

"Its good to torque"

I fully agree with my fellow members comments. I could not have managed to do what has been done to my car without all the support and encouragement of the membership. At my lowest point, when the engine destroyed itself, they stepped forward and provided all the information and help I needed and the car was back on the road within a month. Thanks everyone and long may it continue.

Totally agree with all the above. Running a car from an extinct British manufacture (ZT CDTI) in rural France is one thing, running a rare car Q car in this situation is another thing entirely! The confidence the club gives makes this possible. Both MG's get plenty of admiring glances out here, and have given fantastic service, we rely upon them entirely for our business. We run photographic workshops, quite a few guests are 'petrol heads' from the UK, but hardly any know the V8's exist!

I would never have bought my car if the 260's wasn't there and as others say the car is so rare outside UK. I've never owned a car more then 2-3 years but #217 has been with me for more than 6 years now and still pleased with it and feeling confident that I can fix most of the problems that will occure with the help of the collective!:-)

A big thanks to you all!
    There is no substitute for cubic inches!

Just plain good helpful folks. Merry Christmas all.
    Ps 372 just through 5000 miles today and had a wash to celebrate.

Jez Marsh

372 ZTT SE PBT
    M 260 MG

Ex-Mod, RIP

MoT now 8 times. Every one a clean bill of health. (except for the handbrake adjustment)
    ZTT400 SHM Pearl Black #519 "Super Brick"
    ZTT260 Starlight Silver #428
    ZS180 x 3: 2 x Trophy Blue Hatchbacks, 1 x Le Mans Green 4 door. (Loads of ZS bits For Sale)
    ZR160 3 door XPG, Road Racer, "Rabbit" FOR SALE
    Triumph Bikes x 2. 1999 Speed Triple, 2011 Street Triple