Block and heads for sale - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Block and heads for sale

Quote Originally Posted by brrm View Post
    Out of idle interest, is the diameter of the cylinders enough to fit an average wine bottle?
    What? Only 8 bottles? Pfft. I'd at least want a 20 cylinder Locomotive engine for storing wine in
    James Curgenven
    ZT 260 SE #455 "Hobbes - The Rumblebee"
    "By my deeds I honour him, V8."

Quote Originally Posted by Cribbit View Post
    To be honest, i don't exactly know. Brian now refrains from taking converted cars to the rolling road after a bad experince with one. I can only assume it's around 410bhp with 420 lbft, as that's what i think they normally come out at. The SHM block is just for my peace of mind so i don't have to worry about over revving, it doesn't actually add any power. It does allow you to up the power with more boost if you want, but the box won't take too much more power while staying reliable.

For now at least, plenty is the best answer to how much power and torque it has!
    Hi I think your figures for the BHP are close, I had mine done outside for reasons that suited me at the time. the re map gave me these figures 417BHP but the torque for the car was somewhat different due to the type of S/C a twin screw apparently gives you bags of the stuf again I can only quote my spec and I have just checked my read out
    and it is 475 @ 3391 RPM beat that you screamers (BMW AUDIS AND MERCS) per liter.............ok ok will be proved wrong............but a great feeling when you pass them with the ladders on the roof.........................

Supercharged

Not too sure how Newton Metres compare to pounds per foot but how does 570 nm at 3000 rpm sound like as that's what I am now getting from my remaped 3ltr V6 Audi A6 Quattro TDI! Still love my 260 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    Not too sure how Newton Metres compare to pounds per foot but how does 570 nm at 3000 rpm sound like as that's what I am now getting from my remaped 3ltr V6 Audi A6 Quattro TDI! Still love my 260 though.
    570 Nm = 420 lbs ft
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.