PDA

View Full Version : Stew`s ZT 260 with LPG has been reduced to £7,000.

Stew B
23-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Hi all,

It`s come down but it wont come down any more unless you`ve something to part ex.

Look, a giant of a car and in such good nick with low mileage and having the benefit of LPG fuel costs!

Please tell me if you know of anything (on four wheels) this good.

Cheers,

Stew.

PS Anyone liking cars normally likes planes too so I thought you might like to see a couple of mine. Yep, that`s also my 260 but I`ve no idea who parked that silver thingy next to it.

jenksman
24-11-2011, 02:04 AM
I really can't understand the mechanism,if there is one, for valuing our cars
One of our club members ha s been trying for weeks to sell a very nice car with 30 odd thousand miles for £4250
A few days ago another chappie was as happy as a pig in the proverbial to buy an accident damaged car, needing amongst other parts, a new front bumper, for £3500.where is the logic in that
A few weeks ago another member was sold a 2002 car which was passed off as a 2006 model
Some people say it's a piece of motoring history. My own view is that it was very very sharp practice by the seller.
As to the value of your car Stew, you will find out in due course what people are prepared to pay
I have an LPG conversion so I am watching with interest
Dave

colintf
24-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Good luck Stew,

it's a cracking looking 260 mate

:cool:

2V8s
24-11-2011, 11:12 AM
I think having LPG on there is a mixed blessing for some, and not necessarily going to add much to the value.

Some people like the cars all original and wouldnt buy an LPG car. Whereas others, ioncluding myself, would only buy an LPG car due to running costs.

When I bought mine, I dont think there was any premium on its sale price for the fact it was LPG and I took advantage of that.

If I were to be buying again, I personally would pay a bit more for an equiv car that did have LPG compared to an identical car that didnt, as I know how much it costs to get the car converted in the first place. How much more would I pay? id say on a 5k car I might pay 500-1000 more for the car with LPG. That's just my personal view.

It is indeed hard to value these cars but either way to be honest you're never going to sell quickly unless you sell seriously cheap, because it takes timw to find the right buyer for these kinds of cars (or any fuel-heavy cars!) in these austere times I'd say

Stew B
24-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Thank you Col. You do say the sweetest things lol

Stew B
24-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Hi 2V8s

Suppose the bottom line is a personal issue and spare cash although for me, once I`ve got something I tend not to think about values and such but more about running costs ie, the view MIGHT be the concern in the pocket and that mine is a luxury but now that it`s gas, it`s an affordable luxury.

And an affordable one with such road presence,

And one that is, after all, relatively cheap(er) to run,

And one that makes a man`s noise!

colintf
24-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Thank you Col. You do say the sweetest things lol

I wouldn't go that far Stew!

Your's is the colour I really wanted (well, next to moonshine) when I was first looking, before I bought #242 :cool:

Stew B
24-11-2011, 07:12 PM
These cars do make us smile don`t they lol

John Newey
25-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Fact is folks like to think they've had a bargain. I'm sure the fella buying the £3500 damaged car thought he'd got a bargain, but it doesn't look that way. I remember years ago selling a 100000 mile Honda Concerto 1.6i 16v in the trade, the car was really nice condition, 1 owner with FSH. The trade guy tried to sell it for weeks without any joy. He then sold it to a salvage dealer who ripped the speedometer and the door locks out and sold it two days later for £300 more money! I'm sure the guy thought it was probably a low mileage bargain (?). Salvage dealers have no obligation to declare mileages-I would've been asking..Who steals a speedometer :)!

Stew B
26-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Fact is folks like to think they've had a bargain. I'm sure the fella buying the £3500 damaged car thought he'd got a bargain, but it doesn't look that way. I remember years ago selling a 100000 mile Honda Concerto 1.6i 16v in the trade, the car was really nice condition, 1 owner with FSH. The trade guy tried to sell it for weeks without any joy. He then sold it to a salvage dealer who ripped the speedometer and the door locks out and sold it two days later for £300 more money! I'm sure the guy thought it was probably a low mileage bargain (?). Salvage dealers have no obligation to declare mileages-I would've been asking..Who steals a speedometer :)!

Bet that scrap chap would`ve been the first to scream had he been the one who was scammed.

brrm
27-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Fact is folks like to think they've had a bargain

I think I may have paid a few hundred over the odds for mine in January compared to that Trophy Blue Mk1 tourer in another thread. But I still think it worth every penny. :D