PDA

View Full Version : wanted Tow Bar for a ZTT 260 (owner is oversea)

colintf
21-11-2011, 02:26 PM
A good friend of mine (overseas) is looking for a towbar for his lhd ZTT 260

Can anyone help with any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance

:cool:

LINDEN CAHILL
22-11-2011, 09:55 AM

Thanks in advance

I have one,taken off a 2004 zt-t cdti.
i am sure it will do the job

colintf
22-11-2011, 06:08 PM
I have one,taken off a 2004 zt-t cdti.
i am sure it will do the job

are they the same as for the 260 then Linden?

LINDEN CAHILL
22-11-2011, 08:00 PM
are they the same as for the 260 then Linden?

hi pal
according to rimmers the 260 body shell has a different part number from the stardard zt,but we already know that as a collective.
the very honest answer is i dont know,
i think it may do but i am not certain,
perhaps ringing a rover parts franchise may help,we still have a mg/rover parts franchise in huddersfield,that way you could get part numbers for both towbars for both body shells.
anyway i dont want any money for it,its worth a go if its free.
cheers

colintf
22-11-2011, 08:12 PM
hi pal
according to rimmers the 260 body shell has a different part number from the stardard zt,but we already know that as a collective.
the very honest answer is i dont know,
i think it may do but i am not certain,
perhaps ringing a rover parts franchise may help,we still have a mg/rover parts franchise in huddersfield,that way you could get part numbers for both towbars for both body shells.
anyway i dont want any money for it,its worth a go if its free.
cheers

Many thanks Linden. I think Guy can see this thread. I have emailed him a link

Thnaks again

Colin

guymaathuis
22-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Wow, great! Thank you, Linden! Where are you living in the UK? Or would it be possible to send it, if I pay you the post&package? What about the electrics? Is it possible to clip it just to the wires of the rear lights, or is there a socket for it on the car?

LINDEN CAHILL
22-11-2011, 10:03 PM
pm sent guy

black olive
22-11-2011, 10:50 PM
it will fit. nice one Linden

colintf
23-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Wow, great! Thank you, Linden! Where are you living in the UK? Or would it be possible to send it, if I pay you the post&package? What about the electrics? Is it possible to clip it just to the wires of the rear lights, or is there a socket for it on the car?

Hi and welcome to the Two-Sixties Forum Guy.

Linden is a great ambassador, and a true enthusiast within the Two-Sixties and has a fantastic V8 ZT (which is up for sale at the moment).

It is time there is a 260 in Luxembourg Guy. Not long till you collect yours now!!

Best Regards

Colin

spartacus
23-11-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm using one off my previous 190 ZT-T, so I imagine it would all fir no probs...

Herman
26-11-2011, 02:15 AM
I'm using one off my previous 190 ZT-T, so I imagine it would all fir no probs...

Surely you'll need a LHD tow-bar..........:~

:funny:funny:funny

BigA
26-11-2011, 08:46 AM
It's the same part for all of the 75 range, whatever the engine or bodyshell. You have to replace the crashbar and run the electrics up to the lightswitch on the dash

AndyG
26-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Surely you'll need a LHD tow-bar..........:~

:funny:funny:funny

My thoughts.

Is the exhaust on the same side on a LHD car as a RHD?

ColinE
26-11-2011, 02:34 PM
My thoughts.

Is the exhaust on the same side on a LHD car as a RHD?

Which one, the left or right hand one? :~

AndyG
26-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Which one, the left or right hand one? :~

On the non V8. :love

spartacus
26-11-2011, 07:33 PM
It's the same part for all of the 75 range, whatever the engine or bodyshell. You have to replace the crashbar and run the electrics up to the lightswitch on the dashI didn't do that - I just plumbed it into the rear light cluster. Everything is in the boot. Also, it definitely sticks out longer on the ZT than it did on the ZT-T. And... exhausts (one or two) make no difference...

guymaathuis
09-12-2011, 08:03 AM
My differential is sweating. What type oil do I have to poor in? Is there a Haynes Manual for the 260?

AndyG
09-12-2011, 12:08 PM
My differential is sweating. What type oil do I have to poor in? Is there a Haynes Manual for the 260?

Rear Differential
There are only three oils available in the UK that have full sign-off for the unit. These are:-
Mobil SHC80W140 id
Castrol SAF-XJ 80W-140
Morris Lubricants Lodexol XFS 80W-140.

Capacity 1.6l

There are two manuals you can get to help. A Rover75/ZT one, and a Mustang one, for the engine.
(The diff is not in either)

guymaathuis
12-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Hey, thank you for your help, AndyG! Another question please: Is it possible to shut off the auto locking system of the doors? (anti car jacking system)

WNJ516
12-12-2011, 10:13 PM
The manual i would buy would be the Rover/mg rave CD for the 75/zt but including the 260, usually can be found cheaply on Ebay

ColinE
12-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Hey, thank you for your help, AndyG! Another question please: Is it possible to shut off the auto locking system of the doors? (anti car jacking system)

Yes it is, it needs configuring via the T4 testbook diagnostic tool at an MGRover service centre,

It's worth completing the questionnaire Tim sent you on registration as this will give you access to the entire site where you'll find answers to lots of your questions

AndyG
13-12-2011, 03:11 PM

Yes it is, it needs configuring via the T4 testbook diagnostic tool at an MGRover service centre,

It's worth completing the questionnaire Tim sent you on registration as this will give you access to the entire site where you'll find answers to lots of your questions

Yes, what he said.:kiss

We have just had the same question in the members bit. ;)

guymaathuis
14-12-2011, 09:40 PM
O.k. I do bought a T4, which I use for the ZR and the ZT190, we'll see what it tells about the 260.
Until now, I didn't get Tim's questionnaire but I send him a message to do so.
Apparently , I do need a reconditioned heat valve for the air-conditioning too, ass it spits warm air even when it's on "low".

guymaathuis
14-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Hey Linden, I'm still interested in your tow-bar and I send you a lot of pm's. Please contact me!

colintf
15-12-2011, 08:08 AM
good to talk to you last night Guy.
Happy Christmas to you and your family over in Luxembourg. See you at MG Live (?)

richardh
20-12-2011, 11:48 AM

Thanks in advance

I have a Witter detachable on my ZTT 260. It works well. You will be able to locate Witter via their website

colintf
20-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Thanks,

I think Guy has one sorted now (from Linden?)

LINDEN CAHILL
20-12-2011, 09:13 PM
sorry guy,
if you have found another tow bar i totally understand but i have been totally out of my mind with one thing and another and finding it hard to concentrate on all my commitments,
like i said before its free to you i dont want anything for it,my problem is trying to work out postage on it,
i dont know if my local village post office could handle such a heavy object,i will do my best to find out.
like i said sorry for the delay ,perhaps i take on more than i can offer sometimes.
regards

scooter
21-12-2011, 09:29 AM
T4 Does not always talk to the V8 cars. We tried to change a few settings on a Rover V8 a few days ago and we could not get the systems to work together.