PDA

View Full Version : Rover 75 V8 Contemporary SE for sale

Johnboy
13-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Decided to sell my beautiful car and move on. First registered 31 March 2005 by MGR and acquired by me in October that year with 20 miles on the clock. Pearl Black and ivory leather, now with 15k miles, the car has been used only for weekends and special occasions, never taken out on salted roads and always garaged. FSH by Luffield XPower to MGR service schedule with MoT and tax to 31 March 2012. According to information on this forum there were just 24 cars made to the Contemporary spec and this, absolutely unmarked and in showroom condition, has to be one of the best remaining and available to someone who I hope will cherish it as I have done. Please send PM for more details and pics. Price : £8,950 ono.

Coasting
13-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Good luck with the sale, get some pics up, has it got vortex 18" alloys ?

colintf
13-11-2011, 08:45 PM
good luck with the sale :cool:

Johnboy
13-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks guys - it's on 17in Star Spokes - the ones with the honed finish. I bought a spare from Rimmer Bros last year, took great care to order correctly to the part number on the casting but when it arrived it was a powder-coat finish - Liquid Silver I think it's called. So, took it back and they ordered another which, when it came, was also PPC finish. It seems MGR supplied both types of the Star Spoke alloys under the same part number. Still, it's only the spare so doesn't really matter. Must work out how to upload photos to the forum though. Great to chat, John.

JohnG
14-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Decided to sell my beautiful car and move on. First registered 31 March 2005 by MGR and acquired by me in October that year with 20 miles on the clock. Pearl Black and ivory leather, now with 15k miles, the car has been used only for weekends and special occasions, never taken out on salted roads and always garaged. FSH by Luffield XPower to MGR service schedule with MoT and tax to 31 March 2012. According to information on this forum there were just 24 cars made to the Contemporary spec and this, absolutely unmarked and in showroom condition, has to be one of the best remaining and available to someone who I hope will cherish it as I have done. Please send PM for more details and pics. Price : £8,950 ono.

Is car still for sale?

JCSMITH
17-06-2012, 02:47 PM
I am fairly certain I have seen this car back on the market last week. Looks a great machine - only wish I could buy it!

jimbo
17-06-2012, 04:07 PM
He did have an advert on Car and Classic which seems to have been pulled.

Tim
17-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Thought John wrote somewhere he was keeping it. :)

JCSMITH
17-06-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm pleased to hear that. Means I can dream that one day I might be able to become the custodian of what looks like a wonderful car, should he ever get the urge to sell again. Thought about it, just not got the readies right now (amongst other things) :-(