23-10-2011, 07:59 PM
That is a true shame linden.

Blue Flash
23-10-2011, 08:00 PM
the time has come for me to sell 396,
one or two small jobs to do then i shall be advising on price,
but it wont be cheap
cheers

Linden NO......whats brought this on?...... I don't believe I have just read this

LINDEN CAHILL
23-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Linden NO......whats brought this on?...... I don't believe I have just read this

i dont use her enough and dont have the space,she has so many new parts i may as well let some other lucky person have the pleasure of her ownership,
bloody massive huge wrench for me though i have not decided this in a light hearted manner .
also i will advise on the huge amount of spares that are available or may go with the car .
cheers

Blue Flash
23-10-2011, 08:15 PM
i dont use her enough and dont have the space,she has so many new parts i may as well let some other lucky person have the pleasure of her ownership,
bloody massive huge wrench for me though i have not decided this in a light hearted manner .
also i will advise on the huge amount of spares that are available or may go with the car .
cheers

Would hope that you would reconsider,such a rare car and a true enthusiast would be a real blow to the forum,without doubt YOU would regret it in years to come!

ksilver
23-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Lovely colour, will be a great car for someone.

What's the mileage?

LINDEN CAHILL
23-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Lovely colour, will be a great car for someone.

What's the mileage?

62,000 miles

Bainzi
23-10-2011, 09:50 PM
So sorry to hear this mate.

LINDEN CAHILL
23-10-2011, 10:02 PM
So sorry to hear this mate.

i would always be available to all my friends on here,forum wise and car repairs wise

re-tread
23-10-2011, 10:34 PM
.... and every time we bring ours to you for a service you will be thinking, oh how I wish I hadn't.

We'll just have to drop our cars off with a full tank and pick em up with erm , just had to do a road test mate !!!!!

Sad to hear this but good luck with the sale.

colintf
24-10-2011, 12:33 PM
sorry to see you selling, the car is a real credit to you

May be interested in some of the spares

:cool:

Tim
25-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Was it winning top car at Brooklands that did it Linden, can only win it again. Whats the saying. "Got to be in it to win it".

Sorry to see you wanting to sell. Though purple, will always be a spot here for you.

Coasting
25-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Though purple, will always be a spot here for you.

He is going to be purple with rage in six months time if he sells it! :Duh

By the way if you ever think of selling the bits off separately I want first dibs on the charger please :)

NOCTURNAL
31-10-2011, 02:30 AM
NOOOOOooooooo

I havent been up to see the beast yet, you can't sell yet :(

Nick

tomcat22
08-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Is the car still available?
If yes please pm me your price

colintf
09-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Is the car still available?
If yes please pm me your price

it would certainly be a good example to buy :thumb

tomcat22
10-11-2011, 08:51 AM
it would certainly be a good example to buy :thumb

It absolutely is! Price is really fair, but a little too much for me :(

Coasting
10-11-2011, 10:59 AM
It absolutely is! Price is really fair, but a little too much for me :(

Is there an official price for this now?

LINDEN CAHILL
10-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Is there an official price for this now?

i am looking in the region of 12k,
its almost a new 260 with all the parts that have been fitted.new everything-here goes,FRONT END 1ST grooved discs,e.b.c yellow pads,new caliper carrier brackets,new calipers,new front flexi-hoses,new front uprights including hub flange and wheel bearings as complete assemblies,new a.b.s sensors,nearly new front shockers,new proper 260 front lower arms,new front anti roll bar drop links.
REAR END-complete new rear stuff up which was stripped cleaned and laquerd,rebuilt with stainless steel bolts and nuts,you are all aware i know what goes into the rear stuff but here goes,subrame,diff,half shafts,trailing arms,upper and lower horizontal arms/tie bars,coil springs,anti-roll bar and drop links,new rear discs,calipers,pads,hub carriers and wheel bearings,a.b.s sensors,new diff shockers.exhaust mounts.
OTHER NEW PARTS-hanbrake shoes and backplates as complete units,new handbrake cables,new rear x-power silencers,new over axle exhaust pipes.
MODS TO CAR-full roush engine,alloy rocker covers,alloy fluid tanks and the only alloy header tank in existance,overbraided engine hoses,m.s.d coils,bbk blue fuel rails,stainless nuts and bolts as required to engine,engine bay ,headlamps and front panel area.BRAND NEW SPARE SUPERCHARGER FROM U.S.A,head unit only no manifolds but you would not ever need the manifold for this car.
front pipes de-catted,
nice sounding hi-fi-bmw M3 equipment,
d,v,d players fitted in head rests,
V8 premium front bumper,
full set mk2 mud flaps
ALL THE NEW MECHANICAL PARTS HAVE ONLY BEEN ON CAR FOR 400 MILES IF THAT,
LIKE I SAY ITS ALMOST BRAND NEW,
there will be some things i have missed like POWER FOLD MIRRORS and POWER REAR BLIND.
there you have it
could break it for 20k
some one some where will get a total one off motor,no other in the world like this 260 se
thanks

thanks

colintf
10-11-2011, 05:10 PM
i am looking in the region of 12k,
its almost a new 260 with all the parts that have been fitted.
thanks

a lot of car for the money for someone. Good luck with the sale Linden :thumb

Bainzi
10-11-2011, 10:46 PM
I think thats too cheap Linden. But then again I would. It will make someone very happy. Come on chaps take a risk. buy Lindens, sell yours and you may have a Supercharger for less than 5K!!!! Good luck Linden Im realy sorry you need to sell it.

re-tread
10-11-2011, 11:48 PM
If you had not done my Roush earlier this year Linden I would be round with the cash at that price tomorrow. Anyone after a top quality motor won't regret going for this one.

Good luck Linden

Blue Flash
11-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Was rather hoping you were going to have a change of heart,but as you seem serious and having seen your car it sure is a lot of car for the money,as you say almost a new car, I wish mine could boast a 1/4 of what you have undertaken and replaced surely labour costs alone factored in I reckon this would easily top the £20k mark,seems a lot for a 54 plate.... but is it...I rather think not,out of curiosity what would you be thinking of to replace it with?.

ColinE
11-11-2011, 09:12 PM
If I had the funds I'd be tempted but I'd be worried I could not maintain it to Lindens standards

spartacus
11-11-2011, 09:20 PM
If I had the funds I'd be tempted but I'd be worried I could not maintain it to Lindens standards Don'y worry Colin, you live darn Sarf, so he would never need to see it again. Buy it, thrash the bollox off it, sell it to a newb - simples

ColinE
11-11-2011, 09:36 PM
You give, note I say give not loan, me the funds and I'll see what I can do

LINDEN CAHILL
11-11-2011, 09:54 PM
If I had the funds I'd be tempted but I'd be worried I could not maintain it to Lindens standards
it doesnt take much colin ,i did all this because i beleive in the 260 and if only mg-rover had not gone tits up then this would of been the best ever car made by them,
dont get me wrong i love the 260-obvisiosly or i would have not been involved like i have been,the car does not need the bollocks thrashing of it and does not deserve so either.
this car is an example of a wonderfull motor car that i have taken further to end up with a truley one off example,i can see the reasons mg developed this car and totally 100 per cent admire the limited technology and budget they had.
i am very upset about parting with this utterly beautiful car,words cant explain how gutted i am ,but its not being used and needs to go,its needs to go to a nut case like me
sorry for letting the side down

ColinE
11-11-2011, 10:06 PM
it doesnt take much colin ,i did all this because i beleive in the 260 and if only mg-rover had not gone tits up then this would of been the best ever car made by them,
dont get me wrong i love the 260-obvisiosly or i would have not been involved like i have been,the car does not need the bollocks thrashing of it and does not deserve so either.
this car is an example of a wonderfull motor car that i have taken further to end up with a truley one off example,i can see the reasons mg developed this car and totally 100 per cent admire the limited technology and budget they had.
i am very upset about parting with this utterly beautiful car,words cant explain how gutted i am ,but its not being used and needs to go,its needs to go to a nut case like me
sorry for letting the side down

Linden, no one could EVER accuse you of letting the side down, the levels you've taken that car too are an inspiration to me, i'd love your car but sadly.......... i just really hope she goes to a good home, she, and you, deserve it

Coasting
11-11-2011, 10:10 PM
I dont have the dosh either, if I did I would be considering it too!

LINDEN CAHILL
11-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Linden, no one could EVER accuse you of letting the side down, the levels you've taken that car too are an inspiration to me, i'd love your car but sadly.......... i just really hope she goes to a good home, she, and you, deserve it
sorry just quite emotional about the reasons for the sale

colintf
12-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Linden, please don't think that you are letting the side down. That is far from the truth.

I hope once it has sold that you don't become a stranger on here or at gatherings.

You and your car are an inspiration to us all.

Like others, if I had the funds i would be very very tempted :thumb

colintf
26-11-2011, 05:43 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3450182.htm

didn't you upgrade all the speakers etc as well Linden, or did I miss that in the advert or was taht someone else?

LINDEN CAHILL
26-11-2011, 07:56 PM
thanks colin
i knew i had forgotten something,i shall try and edit add.
there is probably other stuff i have forgot to mention

Coasting
26-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Isnt there something else you can sell!!!!!

Tim
26-11-2011, 09:13 PM
The wife? :ash :GMC

LINDEN CAHILL
26-11-2011, 09:16 PM

i dont have mate,
otherwise she would be mine until i died,
my mate said i should sell my backside-but no i dont think so

LINDEN CAHILL
26-11-2011, 09:17 PM
The wife? :ash :GMC

yeah,my car is better looking ,lol
good job she doesnt go on here

X5POWER
26-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Hi mate how you doing any news on the sale? Wish i had some extra dosh i would sell mine and buy yours in a heart beat. Take care mate

LINDEN CAHILL
26-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Hi mate how you doing any news on the sale? Wish i had some extra dosh i would sell mine and buy yours in a heart beat. Take care mate
hi steve,
lets go out for a chat and chinese,i am paying this time,thanks for being a mate

X5POWER
26-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Just let me know when mate and i will be there, I am free most weekends now i have shut caravan down for winter. It would be great to have a chin wag and a couple of drinks along with a chinese. let me know when matey.

colintf
27-11-2011, 01:15 PM
thanks colin
i knew i had forgotten something,i shall try and edit add.
there is probably other stuff i have forgot to mention

I remembered Nick at Austin's telling me about it. i was hopeing to hear the results at Brooklands in a few months time :cool:

pider100
27-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Verrrrrrry tempted here. How much could I ask for mine with 27k on the clock. Around 7000? Worth some serious thinking.
Is it you who has the green SV as well Linden?

Coasting
27-11-2011, 10:45 PM
If you have the dosh I would buy it, you will being putting a lot of others such as myself out of our misery by trying to decide what I can sell to get my hands on it!

pider100
27-11-2011, 10:53 PM
The wife has already given the nod, so I just need to justify it to myself to be honest. Got some building work to do on the house in the spring, plus I'm out of the country until Christmas, so........mmm! What to do??

ColinE
27-11-2011, 10:56 PM
The wife has already given the nod, so I just need to justify it to myself to be honest. Got some building work to do on the house in the spring, plus I'm out of the country until Christmas, so........mmm! What to do??

Buy it
Buy it
Buy it

Coasting
27-11-2011, 10:57 PM

oh the agony of choice, if I had the money I would be up there!

(or down there in your case!)

ColinE
27-11-2011, 10:58 PM
If I had the money i'd have bought it already

pider100
27-11-2011, 11:12 PM
The earlier description says it includes ' BRAND NEW SPARE SUPERCHARGER FROM U.S.A,head unit only no manifolds but you would not ever need the manifold for this car'. But that's not mentioned on pistonheads. Does the spare blower come with it??

david grice
27-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Went to view it today and i was that close to buying it, have to say Linden is a top guy and you can tell he loves the car. It goes really well and he has put some time into it. If he wanted to get the money for the hours he has put into it he would have to sell it for closer to £20k! I had my own reasons for not buying and its nothing to do with the price or the quality of the car. Someone will view it and snatch his hand off. Good luck with the sale Linden.

LINDEN CAHILL
28-11-2011, 08:13 PM
The earlier description says it includes ' BRAND NEW SPARE SUPERCHARGER FROM U.S.A,head unit only no manifolds but you would not ever need the manifold for this car'. But that's not mentioned on pistonheads. Does the spare blower come with it??

no spares included on the pistonheads site,
only on offer to 260,s members if i get the full price,
i think its cheap as it is,
could always break it and get my money that way,
engine 6k,ect,ect

tonybubble
28-11-2011, 08:46 PM
If I had the money i'd have bought it already

And me.....................

ColinE
28-11-2011, 09:37 PM
engine 6k,ect,ect

I really hope it does not come to that Linden - that would a tragic waste

pider100
28-11-2011, 11:27 PM
It won't !!!!!

colintf
29-11-2011, 10:12 AM
engine 6k,ect,ect

if I had the money Linden..........

Coasting
29-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Not that I can believe it is still for sale, but you might want to add V8 to the title description at least on PH as some (well at least me) search by filtering on V8...

John Newey
29-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Hi Linden, only just caught up with this post-knew you were thinking about selling, but in my heart thought you never would! Hope you get what you're looking for. I think a car like yours doesn't come for sale often and though some would say you don't get back the money for your mods, I think why not? If someone pays £12k for your car, then they are getting a finished car and without the hassle of doing that themself. I know I wouldn't let mine go for anything less than £15k, but then I don't want to sell!!!

ColinE
29-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Hi Linden, only just caught up with this post-knew you were thinking about selling, but in my heart thought you never would! Hope you get what you're looking for. I think a car like yours doesn't come for sale often and though some would say you don't get back the money for your mods, I think why not? If someone pays £12k for your car, then they are getting a finished car and without the hassle of doing that themself. I know I wouldn't let mine go for anything less than £15k, but then I don't want to sell!!!

Sadly nor does Linden

LINDEN CAHILL
30-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Sadly nor does Linden

CAR NOW SOLD,
gutted is not the word,but its going to a 260,s member and only over the hill from me so thats not too bad.
BIG thanks to all how showed an intrest and sorry to TAM who wanted it also.

Coasting
30-11-2011, 09:33 AM
CAR NOW SOLD,
gutted is not the word,but its going to a 260,s member and only over the hill from me so thats not too bad.

Congratulations? I know you must be upset and that there is little way back when you have put that much effort into a car! Try not to watch as it pulls away....

X5POWER
30-11-2011, 09:36 AM
CAR NOW SOLD,

Well done matey sorry that you have sold it but i am glad if you got what you wanted for her. Please keep in touch with us all don't become a stranger pal.

pider100
30-11-2011, 09:55 AM
CAR NOW SOLD,

Yep. I'm gutted also. Oh well, may need to go the Dreadnought route now to join the blower club.

Coasting
30-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Yep. I'm gutted also. Oh well, may need to go the Dreadnought route now to join the blower club.

a consolation prize?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3445320.htm

Think this might be or about to be in an auction... not sure though

LINDEN CAHILL
30-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Congratulations? I know you must be upset and that there is little way back when you have put that much effort into a car! Try not to watch as it pulls away....

i know mate,but sometimes you have to do something you dont want to do,
i need the money for my dads care home fees

colintf
30-11-2011, 12:49 PM
i know mate,but sometimes you have to do something you dont want to do,
i need the money for my dads care home fees

Glad but at the same time sad to see it sold Linden.

Total respect to you mate. You only get one Dad, but you can always get another 260 at a later date.

just don't become a stranger on here.

John Newey
30-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Linden will never be a stranger! (or should it say there's nowt stranger than Linden :)!). Seriously though-stay in touch and maybe one day soon, you'll be back with a vengence...Oh and another 260!!

LINDEN CAHILL
30-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Linden will never be a stranger! (or should it say there's nowt stranger than Linden :)!). Seriously though-stay in touch and maybe one day soon, you'll be back with a vengence...Oh and another 260!!

not going anywere and always available,plus still got my zt-t cdti
cheers

colintf
30-11-2011, 01:27 PM
not going anywere and always available,plus still got my zt-t cdti
cheers

good man :thumb

tomcat22
30-11-2011, 03:26 PM
family always comes first.
and breaking costs a lot of time, it is no pleasure
hope things will become well at your home

david grice
30-11-2011, 06:28 PM
I might be the new owner but with all the work he has put into it it will always be Lindens car! and i will take good care of her.

AndyG
30-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Linden, Can you give me the HP/Torque?

colintf
30-11-2011, 06:37 PM
I might be the new owner but with all the work he has put into it it will always be Lindens car! and i will take good care of her.

congratulations David :thumb

you changed your mind and bought it afterall then?

X5POWER
30-11-2011, 06:39 PM

You have got a good car there matey well done, I think that a lot maybe sorry most of the other members are envious, you will have plenty of brilliant times with that wonderful car.

Blue Flash
30-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Welcome David, you have indeed got a "Corker" there! and Linden... BIG RESPECT to you my Freind I have lots of admiration for you,I take my hat off to you Sir.

david grice
30-11-2011, 07:11 PM
when i went to see Lindens I thought i had to have it, the wife was even pushing me to buy it! but then i had second thoughts on the way home and tried to convince myself i didnt need it as mine as been the best car i have ever owned and has never let me down once in the 4 years I have owned it. But I couldnt let this chance pass me by so I bit the bullet and now she will be mine. Thing is I dont know if i can bring myself to let my own go!!! Can i keep to v8's ? well i have just been out with the tape measure and i just might squeeze them both in the garage.

colintf
30-11-2011, 07:19 PM
when i went to see Lindens I thought i had to have it, the wife was even pushing me to buy it! but then i had second thoughts on the way home and tried to convince myself i didnt need it as mine as been the best car i have ever owned and has never let me down once in the 4 years I have owned it. But I couldnt let this chance pass me by so I bit the bullet and now she will be mine. Thing is I dont know if i can bring myself to let my own go!!! Can i keep to v8's ? well i have just been out with the tape measure and i just might squeeze them both in the garage.

glad to see that the second thoughts didn't win the battle within the mind :cool:

david grice
30-11-2011, 07:25 PM
so am I buddy, so am I

ksilver
30-11-2011, 08:01 PM
i just might squeeze them both in the garage.

Why would you want them both in the garage??

At least one should be on the road :drive

Yes I am jealous, I too was wondering if I should go for it, truly one of, if not the best currently on the road!

LINDEN CAHILL
30-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Welcome David, you have indeed got a "Corker" there! and Linden... BIG RESPECT to you my Freind I have lots of admiration for you,I take my hat off to you Sir.

thanks paul

LINDEN CAHILL
30-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Linden, Can you give me the HP/Torque?

sorry andy never wanted to thrash it enogh to find out,could not risk her throwing a rod on dyno-

black olive
01-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Linden, as weve discussed, sorry to hear this but dont be a stranger, and David, well done, you have got a superb car there, and your'e not too far away, your welcome for a brew and a natter anytime

david grice
01-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Linden, as weve discussed, sorry to hear this but dont be a stranger, and David, well done, you have got a superb car there, and your'e not too far away, your welcome for a brew and a natter anytime

Thanks for the offer, I might take you up om that sometime buddy.

scooter
01-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Hi Andy I think I have the dyno sheet. We ran both the Roush car and my own on the same day will see if I can find it.

Merl
04-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Only just seen this thread as been rather absent with a lot on.

Sorry to hear you had to sell it :( Know what it meant to you and the care you put in.

It is a very good buy for David and a very good price.

Welcome David and I hope you are both not strangers! I know coming from me is a bit rich seeing I have been absent quite a bit recently... I am trying to get on more now though!