PDA

View Full Version : Hi new to ownership

Mark
16-10-2011, 06:39 AM
Hi Guys, just bought mk2 260 from a member on here "fishy" no: 395. truly amazing car!! loved every minute of my 4 hour journey home!

im based in benfleet essex so if there are any members near by maybe we can get in contact? i've just sent my form off to Tim so waiting to hear back.

Also just some info on the engine and what i need to look out for if there is any issues etc.

Had a good polish up yesterday and today im trying to get round to cleaning the engine. im fussy with the engine bay so going to get rid of the dust and water splash marks etc.

hope to speak to some of you guys soon!

stevemiller
16-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Welcome and enjoy. There are a number of things to check for. Top hose to heater matrix upgraded from black rubber to blue silicon. Fuel clip in tank. And check the plenum area drain tubes are clear. There can be others but touch wood thats all I have done/do to date in three and a half years.

wraith01mg
16-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Welcome along hanz. There are one or two near you, and I visit Southend quite often for the Saturday cruse every now and again.

colintf
16-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Hi and welcome :cool:

Mark
16-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Hi Chaps, thanks for the heads up. the pipe has been replaced but i think is a OEM part. im assuming the pipe is an aftermarket item? where can i get aftermarket parts from?

Mark
16-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Also! may sound stupid but checked the oil today and needed to top it up and also checked the water and topped that up too. the water min/max is it me or are they really close? meaning it doesnt take much to go to max or to run to min. maybe 3rd of a pint? or am i topping up to the wrong part?

Mark
16-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Welcome along hanz. There are one or two near you, and I visit Southend quite often for the Saturday cruse every now and again.

Hey next time your down let me know i'll go for a spin!

brrm
16-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Welcome and enjoy. There are a number of things to check for. Top hose to heater matrix upgraded from black rubber to blue silicon. Fuel clip in tank. And check the plenum area drain tubes are clear. There can be others but touch wood thats all I have done/do to date in three and a half years.

The top hose doesn't have to be blue, does it? Just silicon. Mine's shiny but black.

Herman
16-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Also! may sound stupid but checked the oil today and needed to top it up and also checked the water and topped that up too. the water min/max is it me or are they really close? meaning it doesnt take much to go to max or to run to min. maybe 3rd of a pint? or am i topping up to the wrong part?

I never topped up the oil between services (even when between the marks), but if it is near low level mark I guess you would.
As for the coolant, fill up until you can just see the max-mark.
http://forums.mg-rover.org/picture.php?albumid=23&pictureid=1875

Tim
16-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Welcome to greenest Mark. loads of people around you. :)

Hi Guys, just bought mk2 260 from a member on here "fishy" no: 395. truly amazing car!! loved every minute of my 4 hour journey home!

im based in benfleet essex so if there are any members near by maybe we can get in contact? i've just sent my form off to Tim so waiting to hear back.

Also just some info on the engine and what i need to look out for if there is any issues etc.

Had a good polish up yesterday and today im trying to get round to cleaning the engine. im fussy with the engine bay so going to get rid of the dust and water splash marks etc.

hope to speak to some of you guys soon!

ColinE
16-10-2011, 07:51 PM
The top hose doesn't have to be blue, does it? Just silicon. Mine's shiny but black.

The upgraded one from the club shop is black silicone hose

brrm
16-10-2011, 08:00 PM
The upgraded one from the club shop is black silicone hose

Phew, I think I'm safe then. :D
And welcome, Hans. Hope you enjoy the car. As if there was any doubt. ;)

ColinE
16-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Sorry should have said - welcome along and enjoy!

Link to the shop in my signature

Mark
16-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Phew, I think I'm safe then. :D
And welcome, Hans. Hope you enjoy the car. As if there was any doubt. ;)

it doesnt matter what speed im going, the sound is amazing even pulling out my drive!!! so happiest the happiest i've been with a car for years!!!

Mark
16-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Sorry should have said - welcome along and enjoy!

Link to the shop in my signature

thanks............ im going shopping!!!!

Mark
16-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Welcome to greenest Mark. loads of people around you. :)

Thanks Tim, hope i filled the form out correctly.

Tim
16-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Yep, PM me your MGOC membership number when it arrives. ;)

Thanks Tim, hope i filled the form out correctly.

AndyG
16-10-2011, 11:33 PM
WELCOME :D

Full set of lists:

Now you're Green you can access this lot:

(Lists of your brothers and sisters)

List of 001 to 883 (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=5539)
Locations (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=7079)
Estates (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=5493)
Supercharged Cars (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=5460)
Car Names (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=7128)
Rolling Road Results (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=7475)

Past & Future Events (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/forumdisplay.php?58-Two-Sixties-Events)

The SHOP (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)

Fishy
17-10-2011, 06:10 AM
Hello Hans,

The heater hose is the club silicon version.

Enjoy!

Fishy

Malcolmr
17-10-2011, 10:11 PM
And welcome from Downunder Hans. We don't expect you to drop in, but if you do you'll get a right royal welcome. Speaking of which, she arrives tomorrow - the republicans are getting restless so I better dig out the Union flag from under the bed and stir them up a bit...

Dangermouse
15-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi Hans, I have just joined up as I think I am about to finally scratch this itch that I have had for way too long (still have the ZT260 brochure with dealer letter that they sent me when it launched so I have been waiting a while now!) and I see that you are also in Benfleet. You may have seen/heard me growling around in the summer in a TR7 V8 that I have now sold on. Just love V8's ! Have had a ZT CDTI that looked fantastic but ..... there's no substitute for the sound is there? Anyway I hope the car is going well - I am surprised I haven't seen it around Benfleet as I do look at every ZT for the tell tale exhausts ! If there are any local meets let me know as I would love to come along and learn more. Darren

colintf
15-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi Hans, I have just joined up as I think I am about to finally scratch this itch that I have had for way too long (still have the ZT260 brochure with dealer letter that they sent me when it launched so I have been waiting a while now!) and I see that you are also in Benfleet. You may have seen/heard me growling around in the summer in a TR7 V8 that I have now sold on. Just love V8's ! Have had a ZT CDTI that looked fantastic but ..... there's no substitute for the sound is there? Anyway I hope the car is going well - I am surprised I haven't seen it around Benfleet as I do look at every ZT for the tell tale exhausts ! If there are any local meets let me know as I would love to come along and learn more. Darren

Hi and welcome Dangermouse :thumb

Mark
15-11-2011, 12:25 PM

Hi Dangermouse. im in xxxxxxxxxxxx. got a Black Mk2. your right they sound amazing!!! where are you based in benfleet? we'll have to meet up and talk V8's!!!

AndyG
15-11-2011, 12:35 PM
..........im in XXXXXXXXX road.!

Warning. We do not put personal details in the public section.

Dangermouse
16-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Hi guys & thank you for the warm welcome ! I am a die hard V8 enthusiast and have been thinking about one of these since they broke cover. I remember reading a review with Mark Blundell discussing how good & forgiving the chassis was... anyway I digress. If there are any meets coming up I would love to get along to see the cars up close & chat with some of you as I am tempted to join the ranks very soon.
Thanks again, Darren.