PDA

View Full Version : Hi newbie here, does anyone know about this one.

thomas
05-08-2011, 12:17 AM
I there I've been a long time lurked but never posted as I havnt got a 260. A few people might know me from the 75 and zt club. As thomas75connie. I've been stuck for getting a zt 190 as it was over £1400 as I'm 24. Imagine my shock when a zt comes up at £770 normal not classic insurance. Hoping I can get the finance I'm looking at this one does anybody know about it?

http://www.montyspenarthltd.co.uk/used-cars/mg-zt-4-6-v8-260-se-4dr-penarth-201048374353312

I know it's done a few miles. What are your views? Thanks Thomas

Big Dave
05-08-2011, 09:40 AM
All I personally know is that it has been on sale for a while that one because I noticed it on EBay when I was looking for one.

If you can get the last three digits of the chassis number and post that up then the experts on here could assist you further :)

Oh and from a V8 newbie, welcome ;)

Coasting
05-08-2011, 09:43 AM
That one has been for sale for a very long time, I got mine in November last year and it was for a sale at least a while before then.

Price is high for the mileage to be brutal, if that was on ebay in a straight no reserve auction it might get to about 3 - 3.5

Also the wheels might not be the original wheels as MKII s usually had apex wheels and these are the earlier MKi wheels.

They could have still be original wheels or the dealer has flogged the originals and put cheaper ones on, worth checking.

colintf
05-08-2011, 01:49 PM
I've even heard of them having cars they no longer have still advertised - don't know how true that is though!

I would imagine there are better value cars out there

:cool:

thomas
05-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Thanks people I think I'll leave it. I must admit I do like the way it looks and after my px it's £4500 also the warrenty is pretty much useless to me as I live so far away from the garage should anything go wrong.

colintf
05-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Thanks people I think I'll leave it. I must admit I do like the way it looks and after my px it's £4500 also the warrenty is pretty much useless to me as I live so far away from the garage should anything go wrong.

don't give up the hunt for one though :thumb

whereabouts are you?

thomas
05-08-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm on the isle of Wight. I might just save up and buy one outright next year. I think that's a better deal thn finance. Especially as they are so cheap now.

colintf
05-08-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm on the isle of Wight. I might just save up and buy one outright next year. I think that's a better deal thn finance. Especially as they are so cheap now.

thats a good idea. In this economic climate, i can only see prices reducing. Not having finance if at all possible is a good idea. Stick around here though, you can do as I first did and do some research and find some pointers as to what to look for etc etc. It could well save you time and money when you do get one

:cool:

Tim
05-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Welcome along Thomas, we have two members on the IOW and I am often on the island visiting my parents. One of the members a while ago was thinking of selling his black ZT, I could ask when you have the funds. V8's love the ferrie on start up. People look around trying to figure out where the noise is coming from. :)

jenksman
06-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Hi Thomas
Give me a call on 07887752543
Dave aka Jenksman