PDA

View Full Version : #143 for sale in Gurnsey

colintf
28-07-2011, 05:39 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3073128.htm

:cool:

ianq
28-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Remember Guernsey is not in the EC, they don't have MOT's and you will have to pay import duty on it if you bring it back to mainland UK (they don't even recognise Elizabeth 2nd as the Queen, she is the Duke of Normandy to the Islanders!).

And if the owner has strictly obeyed the traffic laws over there, it will never have been out of third gear..max speed is 35 mph!

In addition don't forget this is an island 8 miles by 3 miles, surrounded by salt water and when it rains there it tends to rain salt water...

scouser
07-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Hi, new to this site after looking at buying a 260. Does anyone know anything about this car? The current owner said he purchased the car from the uk. How common are they in this colour? I am looking for a car that advertises a company of mine, so want something distinctive. My current vehicle being a Renault avantime

greeners
07-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Hi, new to this site after looking at buying a 260. Does anyone know anything about this car? The current owner said he purchased the car from the uk. How common are they in this colour? I am looking for a car that advertises a company of mine, so want something distinctive. My current vehicle being a Renault avantime

Welcome along, I think it was owned by a chap on the Xpower forum.

You could always buy a sensible colour and get it wrapped....

Tim
07-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Seeing that he can only do 35mph the hairpins should have been okay. The colour is Spectre and it was on a 53 plate when over here.

SteveTD
08-08-2011, 09:36 AM
I believe this is my old car. The colour was originally Spectre - but an owner subsequent to me had it resprayed due to the original oem defective paintwork 'blooming'. It is now in a non-standard MGR colour.

greeners
08-08-2011, 09:47 AM
I believe this is my old car. The colour was originally Spectre - but an owner subsequent to me had it resprayed due to the original oem defective paintwork 'blooming'. It is now in a non-standard MGR colour.

I've got the reg as KW 53 OCA

SteveTD
08-08-2011, 10:21 AM
That's the one! :)

colintf
08-08-2011, 12:31 PM

Hi and welcome :thumb

ianq
08-08-2011, 05:48 PM

If you want help advertising the Avantine for sale let me know...it is as you probably know a Matra designed car and very rare in the UK. The Matra Enthusiasts Club will be able to help you ( my wife is the Club Secretary and owns a Matra Bagheera).

scouser
08-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Hi, I am a member of the avantime owner's club, so if going to get a 260 will advertise in there. Was at a meeting of avantimes last year and one of the owners has a M4TRA number plate. The avantime gets more looks and positive comments than anything I've owned. Just fancy something a bit more sporty, although it being a three litre it is no slouch.

My V8
09-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Hi. I have bought a car in Jersey before and registered it in the UK. As long as the VAT and duty was paid on the car when registered originally in the UK and has not been subsequently claimed back upon export then the car can be imported and registered again in the UK with its original number. There is a small fee to pay from memory £45 I think and the car has to be MOT'd and insured. There is no import duty ect to pay when re-importing. Hope that helps.