PDA

View Full Version : Manx ZT for sale

Manx 260
22-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Just to clarify, this car is based in the Isle of Man - as such you will have to come over if you wish to view it, happy to collect people at airports/ferry terminals etc. Also this means it doesn't have an MOT - we don't have one here. Car has full history.

2007 MG ZT 260
45,000 miles
Full History
Recent rear discs, tyres, handbrake cable and belts
Alloys
Elec Sunroof
CD Player
Stainless backboxes (comes with originals)

£5495ono

local listing of the post (for pictures)

http://www.manxads.com/?Title=2007-MG-ZT-V8&ListingId=37695&Category=1

Manx 260
26-07-2011, 12:27 PM
I may be open to a cheaper part ex on this if that helps?

Cheers

Manx 260
28-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Is price on this an issue? Everything is negotiable!

Herman
28-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Is price on this an issue? Everything is negotiable!

Like driving it over for a potential viewing?

I think the fact it's on the island is more of a problem than the price TBH

Manx 260
28-07-2011, 04:51 PM
What I could/would do is offer is to refund someone's transport costs if they ultimately bought the car.....

Herman
28-07-2011, 05:09 PM
What I could/would do is offer is to refund someone's transport costs if they ultimately bought the car.....

That may sweeten the deal a bit I guess. Don't forget that importing a car from IOM means you have to go through the DVLA import process (http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/ImportingAndExportingAVehicle/DG_4022583) requiring a Certificate of Conformity (CoC) and all the other paperwork needed. This adds some additional costs as well, plus MoT, plus costs for viewing......it all adds up.

If you would have a way for people to view in the UK it might be easier to get a sale.

Good luck with the sale.

Manxmann
28-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Nope your wrong there I'm afraid, CoC is _not_ required as the export cert from the IOM carrys all the type approval / emissions info needed. You only need to get a CoC _If_ the CO2 figure is not shown and you want to claim lower road tax based on this.

Extract from DFT Guide.

The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
Most vehicles sold in these islands comply with British requirements. If you are able to demonstrate
that the vehicle had been registered in Great Britain before being exported to the islands, that will
suffice.

Vehicles registered in the Isle of Man (IoM) usually include, where appropriate, type approval
information obtained from Great Britain. An IoM export certificate that includes this information is
adequate evidence for licensing and registration in Great Britain. Similarly, an IoM export certificate
might also include a CO2
emissions figure, which can be used in Great Britain, where appropriate, to
obtain a lower rate of Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) under the graduated scheme. If the CO2
figure is not
shown, but you wish to claim a lower VED rate, you will need to obtain a Certificate of Conformity
from the vehicle manufacturer to provide evidence of the emissions standard the vehicle meets

Herman
28-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Most vehicles sold in these islands comply with British requirements. If you are able to demonstrate that the vehicle had been registered in Great Britain before being exported to the islands, that will
suffice.

Vehicles registered in the Isle of Man (IoM) usually include, where appropriate, type approval
information obtained from Great Britain. An IoM export certificate that includes this information is
adequate evidence for licensing and registration in Great Britain

Yep I read that to, but it's the bits in bold that had me wondering.

It should be easy enough if the car was imported from GB and than exported back.
No experience though with the export certificate procedure.

All the information you can provide might make the sale easier for people having similar questions but don't ask.

Just trying to break the barriers down to help.....

Manx 260
29-07-2011, 09:20 AM
The early service History (07 and 08) is UK garage performed if that helps!

If I had someone very interested, I would potentially bring the car to Liverpool at a weekend and combine it with a weekend trip.

Cheers

Manx 260
15-08-2011, 08:44 PM
do I need to drop this in price? if so, what to?

cheers

colintf
15-08-2011, 08:53 PM
do I need to drop this in price? if so, what to?

cheers

I really don't know. i guess it's a buyers market and maybe the cars location does not help some of the potential buyers part with their money??

Good luck, It will sell, just not sure when or for how much. With a bit of luck you will find a local buyer :thumb

Manx 260
16-08-2011, 09:16 AM
I think you're right - I don't think it's particularly overpriced.

I'm not in any hurry I'll just sit and wait!

Cheers

Coasting
16-08-2011, 09:29 AM
I think you're right - I don't think it's particularly overpriced.

I'm not in any hurry I'll just sit and wait!

Cheers

Personally, I think it is a bit high price wise for a non SE with the mileage for a private sale, but it depends how much you want to sell it really, I would think closer to 6 is nearer the mark, sadly,

It does look like a nice car though, maybe get some MG alloys on it!

Or you could just keep it ;)

Manx 260
16-08-2011, 03:20 PM
I'd happily let it go for £6k to someone on here and had some "wiggle room" built into the price advertised.

If it's going for less than that I'll just keep it, but it seems a shame for me to drive it one day a week when someone could be enjoying it all the time!

(and yeah, the alloys are not pretty!)

Cheers

Manx 260
30-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Price drop to £5750 - it's gotta sell at this price, surely!

colintf
30-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Price drop to £5750 - it's gotta sell at this price, surely!

what others are on the market at the moment and what prices / miles / specs etc are they in comparision to yours?

If yours offers better value for money than the others on the market then yes it should entice people up / over to come and have a look.

Good luck with the sale

:cool:

Manx 260
06-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Car is up for sale at £5995 locally now.

So I guess £5,495 here.

Manx 260
21-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Would £4995 generate some interest?

Mark
07-10-2011, 08:01 PM
whats the difference between the SE and non SE? asking genuine question here which possible make me sway to viewing yours.

ColinE
07-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Take a look here

http://www.two-sixties.com/zt260.htm

Manx 260
08-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Happy to bring the car on the boat to Liverpool for a genuine buyer to see / test drive.

Cheers

Manx 260
18-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Bump

@£4,995 and I am happy to bring the car to the UK for viewings/serious buyers.

Thanks