PDA

View Full Version : Formal introduction

Big Dave
07-07-2011, 06:57 AM
Hi there

after asking one or two questions about a certain vehicle I found on the net (RX06 OAC) and my interest in buying OAP Pete's car I thought it was about time I introduced myself properly as I am now the very proud owner of N0 88 a mark 1 SE in Silver :D.

As my username suggests my name is Dave (although i'd like to think I'm not big!) and i'm from Preston in Lancashire.

I've always been a petrol head of sorts and have previously owned a number of Subaru Impreza's and also a ZT190+ a few years back. If the truth be known I always regretted selling the 190 but had a constant issue with sticking butterfly valves which never really got sorted but still the same I was in love with the looks and the general feel of the car.

When the 260 came out I thought I would never be in a position to own one but always said that one day I would.

Every so often I have popped on to this forum as a lurker and by chance came on a couple of weeks ago and noticed OAP Pete was selling his :love

I registered on the site and after a few PM's and numerous emails between each other I arranged to view his car at the earliest opportunity but had to sell my present car first and thanks to Pete's patience I sold mine and travelled on Tuesday on the train, was met by Pete at Brighton train station and bought the car:drive.

I have always been fastidious with my cars and I was, and still am astounded by the condition of this car. Pete described it as near concours condition and he was absolutely right in every way. 18000 miles, full service history with all the relevant issues sorted. :)

Pete is a true gent and one of life's good guys.

The 300 mile journey home was fantastic and I enjoyed every single mile. This is a weekend car for me as we have a mini cooper that my wife uses for the school run etc and I have a Vespa PX 125 for work so, as I have done with my other cars, I will be able to pamper my 260.

I already feel part of a very exclusive club and I thank everyone already for their input.

I intend to attend meets and if there are any owners in the Lancashire area then I would love to meet up.

This car is a keeper without a doubt and I look forward to talking regularly on here and meeting you guys in the future.

And thanks to OAP Pete for everything in relation to the sale of the car...

My Questionnaire will also be on its way shortly!!

Dave :p

tonybubble
07-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Well done, Dave - seems that you have bought a real cracker. Welcome. :hug

peterv8
07-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Hi and welcome!
We all are petrol heads so you came to the right place.:D

colintf
07-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Hi Dave and welcome, you have a gem of a 260 there :thumb

stevemiller
07-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Welcome, enjoy and I am not so far away just over the "border"in Cumbria!

re-tread
07-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Welcome and enjoy. A few of us will probably be attending the Harrogate MG club gathering (http://www.harrogatemgclub.org.uk/our_show.htm) at Pately Bridge next month. No too far from Preston.

wraith01mg
07-07-2011, 07:45 PM
nice buy. welcome to the best of clubs, fun, informal and full of nutters. good times!

Big Dave
09-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Thanks chaps for the welcome!

Unfortunately I'm working on the date of the above meet which is a pity as I enjoy a good run over the A59 to Harrogate :D

I'll keep my eyes open for any others coming up as I really do want to be part of this.

As far as buying the car is concerned I still cant believe what a good find it was, purely by chance :love

Hopefully I will be green in the next couple of days so there will be plenty to read now that my questionnaire has been sent...

black olive
09-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Hi Dave and welcome, only over in Chorley, good to see other V8's appearing in the area !!! up for a brew and a chat anytime.

Big Dave
09-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Hi Dave and welcome, only over in Chorley, good to see other V8's appearing in the area !!! up for a brew and a chat anytime.

Fantastic mate - like the sound of that....

Coincidentally, where do you get yours serviced out of interest?

black olive
09-07-2011, 11:11 PM
on me drive, Im a low miler, so its kwik fit once a year for the oil and filter change, the guys at chorley look after me, everything else I do myself. Ill Pm you my addy and phone number