PDA

View Full Version : New member looking to buy a 260

Tractorpete
05-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Hi,i am looking to buy a 260 but am a little concerned about service item parts supply? I am familiar with cars no longer in production as i own a 1976 Ford Gran Torino and source all parts from the US. Any info /advice would be much appreciated as i don't want to end up buying a money pit! No offence intended.
Pete

ColinE
05-07-2011, 10:50 PM
None taken, service items are no issue in terms of supply, and the club takes the initiative in terms of securing supply of parts that are very scarce/no longer available.

Indeed items such as the rear discs, if sourced through the club, are about 50% of RRP

John Newey
06-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Well then, you've come to the right place! I'm on my second MG ZT 260 and have sold several others. They are generally quite reasonable to run (apart from fuel and tyres!!) and most parts are readily available, plus as ColinE says, this forum gives help and advice when needed. Go on, you know you'll love it!!

ksilver
06-07-2011, 08:03 AM
I have put over 90,000 miles on mine and parts aren't the issue you might think. There are a few bespoke parts and the club are quite proactive in obtaining replacements.

We also have a few ingenious members who will manufacture upgrades. :thumb

colintf
06-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Hi,i am looking to buy a 260 but am a little concerned about service item parts supply? I am familiar with cars no longer in production as i own a 1976 Ford Gran Torino and source all parts from the US. Any info /advice would be much appreciated as i don't want to end up buying a money pit! No offence intended.
Pete

don't be too concerned and good luck in the hunt for the one for you :thumb