PDA

View Full Version : Rx06 oac?

Big Dave
23-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Hi there

i'm thinking about looking at this vehicle this weekend and just wondered whether anyone would have any info on it at all.

http://www.eddiewright.co.uk/Used-Car-Details/used-mg-zt-46i-flift-v8-260-se-saloon-silver-manual-petrol-ID_34919.aspx

The reg is RX06 OAC.

A quick check on the dvla reveals that it has not been taxed since 2009. I havent got the last three numbers of the VIN but will ring the garage in the morning and get it.

I dont know whether this is an se or not (sorry I'm new to this :confused:)

I am no expert at all although i've been lurking for a while but I've noticed that there are no V8 badges on the front wings and the ZT badges on the boot seem to be in the wrong place for a facelift. I always thought that the facelift ZT badge was underneath the rear number plate although I may be very wrong....

thanks in advance and I hope to be a more regular poster on here very soon!!

Dave

Herman
23-06-2011, 12:16 AM
Hi there

i'm thinking about looking at this vehicle this weekend and just wondered whether anyone would have any info on it at all.

http://www.eddiewright.co.uk/Used-Car-Details/used-mg-zt-46i-flift-v8-260-se-saloon-silver-manual-petrol-ID_34919.aspx

The reg is RX06 OAC.

A quick check on the dvla reveals that it has not been taxed since 2009. I havent got the last three numbers of the VIN but will ring the garage in the morning and get it.

I dont know whether this is an se or not (sorry I'm new to this :confused:)

I am no expert at all although i've been lurking for a while but I've noticed that there are no V8 badges on the front wings and the ZT badges on the boot seem to be in the wrong place for a facelift. I always thought that the facelift ZT badge was underneath the rear number plate although I may be very wrong....

thanks in advance and I hope to be a more regular poster on here very soon!!

Dave

Unless I am mistaken the VIN maybe #002.
I'm sure there's a thread on that car here somewere

Found it https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?7921-002

Coasting
23-06-2011, 12:27 AM
This car has been discussed on here, but maybe on the members section,

It is apparantly 002, which makes it a very early possibly a development car?

It is interesting in many ways, but may not be suitable for a non enthusiast.

Do your research thoroughly on this one, it is not necessarily a bad car, but there are probably things you need to know first!

It has been for sale for a long time also...

Big Dave
23-06-2011, 12:29 AM
Wow thanks for the speedy reply and help!

Unfortunately it wont allow me to view that thread.

Would you mind letting me know in a nutshell if its worth me looking at it or is there something sinister?

many thanks in advance!

Dave

Coasting
23-06-2011, 12:33 AM
You have PM :)

Big Dave
23-06-2011, 12:44 AM
I have replied and thank you.

I will steer clear of this one. I'm already in conversation with oap Pete re his and will be travelling to see it at the earliest opportunity albeit it is a LONG way from me!

Dave

Herman
23-06-2011, 12:49 AM
OAP Pete's is a really nice example of a V8 and a honest car.
Get there quick

Coasting
23-06-2011, 12:53 AM
OAP Pete's is a really nice example of a V8 and a honest car.
Get there quick

+1 his does look ace and sensible money too :)

StephenL
23-06-2011, 09:34 AM
I'm already in conversation with oap Pete re his and will be travelling to see it at the earliest opportunity albeit it is a LONG way from me!
Dave

Oh no! That means you'll have a long drive ahead of you when you pick it up :)

I live near London, but bought mine from Durham. Of course, you don't want to travel a long way just to find the car is a mess, but as others have said, Pete's looks an excellent example at a very good price - it's unlikely to be for sale long.

Big Dave
03-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Oh no! That means you'll have a long drive ahead of you when you pick it up :)

I live near London, but bought mine from Durham. Of course, you don't want to travel a long way just to find the car is a mess, but as others have said, Pete's looks an excellent example at a very good price - it's unlikely to be for sale long.

All being well, I'll be making the 300 mile journey home to Preston with no 88 on Tuesday afternoon - cant sleep now :-)

colintf
04-07-2011, 07:31 AM
All being well, I'll be making the 300 mile journey home to Preston with no 88 on Tuesday afternoon - cant sleep now :-)

good man :thumb

Tim
04-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Nice one Dave, birthday and christmas all together :)

ColinE
04-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Oh good another new customer :D

Hope all goes well

oh and welcome to the shop :adding

Big Dave
04-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Thanks to you all.

I will start a proper thread over the next day or so with a proper introduction as to who I am etc but cheers for everyones input!!

Dave (No 88 - fingers crossed!!)

wraith01mg
05-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Awww that's such a pain of a drive. No wait. The other thing, a bloody fun drive in a v8. Welcome.

Big Dave
05-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Well, no 88 is mine and she's now tucked up in my garage!!!

Going to bed now but will provide a full update and formal intro in the next day or so....

Kid in a sweetshop springs to mind!!

Dave

ColinE
05-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Well done that man

Welcome to the collective

Coasting
06-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Congratulations, I think you have done well there :)

ksilver
06-07-2011, 09:11 AM

Going to bed now but will provide a full update and formal intro in the next day or so....

Dave

You should get your questionnaire back to Tim which will open a whole new world to you on here.

Herman
06-07-2011, 10:01 AM

Dave

Welcome to the collective. You've just been assimilated..................Enjoy

colintf
06-07-2011, 01:27 PM

Dave

well done Dave :thumb

ianq
06-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Yes I found resistance is futile.....I get my ZTV8 Se back on Friday after pampering on the air con by MGOC workshop with parts sourced from info on this forum. Brilliant.;)

colintf
06-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Yes I found resistance is futile.....I get my ZTV8 Se back on Friday after pampering on the air con by MGOC workshop with parts sourced from info on this forum. Brilliant.;)

glad that had a happy ending for you Ian :thumb

mgmustang
20-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Hi there,

I currently own RX06 OAC 260#2 is now for sale..

I will be putting up a proper advert post soon with pictures but if anyone is interested feel free to PM me.

Nich
20-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Didn't manage to sort out your membership then Ken?

You need to state an asking price.

Nich.

roadripper
22-05-2017, 07:15 PM
Hi,
Are you able to fill me in on the history of this one? I own it, I'm struggling to get my brain around it and so far DVLA have not been forthcoming!

Nich
22-05-2017, 07:22 PM
Hi,
Are you able to fill me in on the history of this one? I own it, I'm struggling to get my brain around it and so far DVLA have not been forthcoming!

Lots of information on the forum which you will be able to access when you get your questionnaire back to Tim to get full membership.

Nich.

roadripper
22-05-2017, 07:52 PM
Nich,
Is there an online form? I'm none too handy with a computer & don't have a printer/scanner.

Nich
22-05-2017, 09:18 PM
Nich,
Is there an online form? I'm none too handy with a computer & don't have a printer/scanner.

I'll PM Tim and ask him to email one to you.

Nich.