PDA

View Full Version : Got the dream machine at last!!!!

ianq
08-06-2011, 06:36 PM
With many thanks for all the advice to everyone who helped me ( especially Colin and Neil) I have finally got my MGZTV8 at home! I bought no 125 from not more than 20 miles from where I live, after all that travelling to look at other examples. And I know this is a good example as it belonged to a friend of mine who is very well known in MG circles ( and has a ZT-T V8 with a super charger on it now!).

So my new acquisition is at home with my other MG, the RV8 I have had for over seven years. They are of course very different cars but the smile factor when driving either is the same!;)

tonybubble
08-06-2011, 06:45 PM
With many thanks for all the advice to everyone who helped me ( especially Colin and Neil) I have finally got my MGZTV8 at home! I bought no 125 from not more than 20 miles from where I live, after all that travelling to look at other examples. And I know this is a good example as it belonged to a friend of mine who is very well known in MG circles ( and has a ZT-T V8 with a super charger on it now!).

So my new acquisition is at home with my other MG, the RV8 I have had for over seven years. They are of course very different cars but the smile factor when driving either is the same!;)

Welcome Ian - whereabouts are you? Don't forget to let Tim have your completed club form back and you will go green! :)

colintf
08-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Hi Ian,

I am pleased to hear your good news - well done!

:cool:

ianq
08-06-2011, 07:35 PM
I am in Cambridgeshire! Am a member of the MGOC and MGCC too. Really looking forward to enjoying the summer now in the cars ( as I write it is tipping down with rain). First big trip out will be this Sunday to the MG Midget event at Burleigh House, not far from me. Then MGLive at Silverstone and then ZedTen at Duxford, let alone Classics on the Common, Classics in the Walled Garden...plus taking it to work occassionally.

The sound of that engine is just wonderful...can't get enought of it!

ColinE
08-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Congratulations and welcome along

jimbo
08-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Nice to have you with us - jealous, would love an RV8 my dream car!

kcv
08-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Hi Ian.
Welcome along at last, if you are in Cambridgeshire we aren't too far apart as I'm at Chatteris.

Bainzi
08-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Hi and welcome Ian.

Merl
09-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Hi Ian. Welcome along :) and I too would also like an RV8 but also many other cars lol.