PDA

View Full Version : Worn out Clutch

micksnr
07-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Anybody got a worn out Clutch plate and pressure plate for a 260 they'd like to part with?
If you can help please pm me.

Mick

tonybubble
07-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Anybody got a worn out Clutch plate and pressure plate for a 260 they'd like to part with?
If you can help please pm me.

Mick

I will ask Corin if he still has the one from 455.

LINDEN CAHILL
08-06-2011, 10:14 PM
mick
just a thought
try calder clutch at brighouse,they should have a listing for the 260 and then maybe find a knackerd clutch in there fast stock that you could have,
its worth a go

scooter
10-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Will check think I might have one, I know I have new ones. What do you need it for, I might be able to help if its just to check it for size or type of spline. Have a few very cheap clutch kits if you need one.

2V8s
10-06-2011, 12:04 PM
I kept hold of mine - but I may have recently chucked the friction lining, I'll check. It had life left, but was slipping due to oil leak.

The pressure plate is fine, so I was keeping as an emergency spare (along with the slave cylinder). what's your plan? as I assume its for a temporary or special project type thing as knowing what a PITA a clutch change is, for the sake of £200 Id always use a new one!

micksnr
10-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Thank you for the replies but now no longer required.
I was summond into the office this morning where a certain scottish person who frequents this site pointed out the error of my intentions and pointed me in the right direction.

Mick

SJR
13-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Thank you for the replies but now no longer required.
I was summond into the office this morning where a certain scottish person who frequents this site pointed out the error of my intentions and pointed me in the right direction.

Mick

Oh do tell?

SJR