PDA

View Full Version : Hand brake adjustement to v8

susiecooper
02-06-2011, 04:07 PM
does anyone know where to get rear hand brake shoes. Or is it just poor adjustment. no thread left on hand brake. adjust wheels has no effect to height of handbrake Phoned Rimmer no success to new shoes?

lowey260
02-06-2011, 04:19 PM
I think you really need full access to the Forum where you will find all the answers your looking for. Im sure Management will be along shortly asking for you to return the Questionaire you will have received when originally joining.

Alot of the trouble with the handbrake comes down to the Handbrake cable, the club has recently had some manufactured especially as originals are NLA Your best bet is to get the questioonaire filled in as theres lots more reading once your a full member.

Handbrake shoes are in short supply also but a member on here after long investigation has found that Peugeot brake shoes which are much cheaper are almost identical Part number : mintex MFR493AF, they're worth a shot at around £20 for the set.

Herman
02-06-2011, 04:53 PM
does anyone know where to get rear hand brake shoes. Or is it just poor adjustment. no thread left on hand brake. adjust wheels has no effect to height of handbrake Phoned Rimmer no success to new shoes?

I think you really need full access to the Forum where you will find all the answers your looking for. Im sure Management will be along shortly asking for you to return the Questionaire you will have received when originally joining.

Alot of the trouble with the handbrake comes down to the Handbrake cable, the club has recently had some manufactured especially as originals are NLA Your best bet is to get the questioonaire filled in as theres lots more reading once your a full member.

Handbrake shoes are in short supply also but a member on here after long investigation has found that Peugeot brake shoes which are much cheaper are almost identical Part number : mintex MFR493AF, they're worth a shot at around £20 for the set.

Hand brake cable can be an issue but I always managed to adjust the hand brake at the wheels. Car is now 7 years old and even with worn shoes it passed MoT after adjusting. I personally feel the cable get stretched due to improper adjustment at the brakes itself

As said above, get the questionnaire returned, go green and browse all the info available. If you lost the form contact Tim via PM

susiecooper
04-06-2011, 09:50 PM

many thanks the part number was successful. handbrake travel still to long. packed out with 15mm copper pipe joint. at some time will look at longer cables to drums. Car has only done 28,000 miles. not much to suffer from strechy hand brake cables.

ColinE
04-06-2011, 09:58 PM

Your best bet is to get the questioonaire filled in as theres lots more reading once your a full member.

Hi there

Paul's quite correct, if you send the questionnaire back to Tim, he'll update your membership status and you'll get access to the wealth of information on the site as well as access to discounted parts and, as they become available, remanufactured parts such as the handbrake cables

Glad you got the problem resolved