PDA

View Full Version : Black Mk2 SE for sale

StephenL
19-05-2011, 03:48 PM
On PH: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2839131.htm

Almost tempted to buy it, just to swap the XPower exhausts with my original ones and then sell it again :D

greeners
19-05-2011, 03:59 PM
VIN is no 500

kjdmgzt
22-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Hello I have just joined this forum after a few years of 'lurking':D
I have owned a 2.5 mgzt for the past 6 years with no trouble whatsoever:D
I am looking at upgrading to either a 260 or possibly an alfa 159:~ probably some time next year, however the above car is only 12 miles from where I live (they are normally 200 miles away!), does anyone have any history on the above car is it a members car? I have contacted the garage and they say it is a 2 owner car with the last owner being very 'mature' and he has owned it for the past 4 years. Any history would be useful- you never know;)
Thanks for your time.
PS great forum!

Tim
22-05-2011, 09:29 AM
As Greeners says its the 500th off the production line on 5th May 2004 and was first registered as a demonstrator. I have not records of damage etc so looks like an honest car.

Welcome along Kevin :D

ksilver
22-05-2011, 10:23 AM
or possibly an alfa 159

I quite like the 159 but have been put off by the experiences of one of my friends; he bought new and within a year had a complete brake failure, repaired under warranty, but on leaving the garage forecourt it failed again before he was off the premises. He did a lot of investigation through the owners clubs and it was apparently a common problem :shock

I imagine it has been sorted now, and I still like the look of them, but it's not something I would risk.

Regardless, the 260 is a fantastic car, I have put 90,000 miles on mine and normally by this time I am looking for another car but am happy to keep V8 going for a while yet :D

kjdmgzt
22-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the replies, very tempted to arrange a viewing, never seen one in the flesh to be honest- will be worth going to have a look just for the 'learning' (maybe even a test drive!) I imagine its a total different driving experience to the 2.5 160 zt I currently own:D
ps will bear the brake issue in mind if I decide on a 159:) thanks

colintf
22-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the replies, very tempted to arrange a viewing, never seen one in the flesh to be honest- will be worth going to have a look just for the 'learning' (maybe even a test drive!) I imagine its a total different driving experience to the 2.5 160 zt I currently own:D
ps will bear the brake issue in mind if I decide on a 159:) thanks

Hi and welcome, you don't say where you are located.

You've done the right thing by registering on here ref learning.

There's usually several for sale so never rush into buying the first one you see unless its very very good! But that one does look very nice!!!

:cool:

Stu C
22-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Looks a nice motor! But the reg would put me off reading "VOSA MAN" lol! :D

MichaelG
23-05-2011, 12:08 PM
I am looking at upgrading to either a 260 or possibly an alfa 159:~ probably some time next year,

If you want a drive full of "passion and soul" each time then you will not be disappointed with the a 260.

If this helps any: I went through the usual suspects of the best mid performance 4 door saloon within budget. Subaru Legacy 3.0 Spec.B manual, Mazda 6MPS, Mondeo ST220 and I even had a late model 156 or early 159 2.2JTS on my list. Didn't get to test drive a 159 however.

None of them matched the actual fun of driving the 260. The sound and rear wheel drive really do account for a lot when it comes to enjoying ownership. I actually laughed with joy for the first few tunnels I went through.

ColinE
23-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Had a 159 2.4 TD (I think) when my 260 was in for repair, best engine and box config I've ever driven, great to drive, visability so so, switchgear crap - 4 stalks, all hidden behind the wheel, all with a gazillion functions

kjdmgzt
27-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Just phoned the dealer to arrange a viewing of this car tomorrow, he's just sold it for the full asking price. Said he had loads of interest in it and probably had it advertised too cheaply. I thought it looked a good buy, I think the good uns don't hang about for long!!:)