PDA

View Full Version : ZT-T V8 For Sale on Ebay

MIKE ZT-T
19-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Another V8 Estate for sale on Ebay 03 Reg, but facelift?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-ZT-T-4-6-V8-260-SE-ESTATE-BLACK-OLIVE-/250822439747?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a662eb343

rolled1
19-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Absolute beauty at a very reasonable price,all the more special if it's the 1st mk2 estate as claimed and also has in my opinion the best interior,black leather with grey alcantara,only missing one thing a set of X-Powers

brrm
19-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Looks like they facelifted the front but not the back! De-badged, too, for that extra Q-car-ness...

I love black olive. Totally impossible to photograph I found, but looks great in the sun!

StephenL
19-05-2011, 01:05 PM
This is a pre-production car (VIN 025), so presumably was a Mk1 that got a Mk2 front at some point.

greeners
19-05-2011, 01:26 PM
One that keith went to see sometime ago (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=44255)

greeners
19-05-2011, 01:39 PM
....and if you look at the engine bay picture, you can see where it was in fact Le Mans green originally

greeners
19-05-2011, 01:41 PM
....and the tailgate plinth is MKI whilst the bumper "appears" to be MKII

greeners
19-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Last owner on here...dconway. (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=4770)

colintf
19-05-2011, 02:20 PM
I was contacted not so long ago about this one - https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=8525

:cool:

tonybubble
19-05-2011, 03:17 PM
I was contacted not so long ago about this one - https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=8525

:cool:

£3200 at Saltash auction and now £7495 - a modest mark-up. About two years ago it sold for £5300 on Ebay. The gearbox was a little bit noisy then.

Coasting
19-05-2011, 04:24 PM
....and if you look at the engine bay picture, you can see where it was in fact Le Mans green originally

So his explanation of black over green is a load of bollocks then...

StephenL
19-05-2011, 04:33 PM

Yeah - either they know very little about the cars ("we do maintain a number of V8 ZT's so are not "new" to them"), or they're not being totally honest about the car's pedigree ("being, (to the best of our knowledge), the very first "face-lift" ZT-T V8. Vin number puts the car as a 2004 MY car").

brrm
19-05-2011, 04:35 PM

Black Olive, or just very thin black respray over Le Mans green?
Personally I approve of decreasing the number of Le Mans greens. ;-)

I reckon there's definitely been some effort to darken the engine bay, though - mine's a lot lighter:

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/gallery/albums/628/medium/1635174-9.jpg

And I agree the bay looks closer to my mileage (68k) than 25k. Metal bracket thingy on the air inlet is rustier than mine for example.

tonybubble
19-05-2011, 04:36 PM

When I saw the car, the V5 still showed the colour as green. :) I also thought that the new colour was actually Pearl Black?

brrm
19-05-2011, 04:38 PM
It would be nice to know why (presumably) MGR resprayed it, too!

brrm
19-05-2011, 04:39 PM
When I saw the car, the V5 still showed the colour as green. :)

Does Black Olive show on V5s as black or green?

Bainzi
19-05-2011, 07:14 PM
I spoke to the owner of 025 at Oulton Park on the 6th May. He said then it was going up for sale as he's just not using it. He's works for the garage that's selling it and was at Oulton Park with a MG6 demonstrator.
Seemed an ok bloke an he explained to me that it has a Mk1 interia with a facelift body. This was done by MG and it is tech the 1st Facelift. He told me the colour was Olive Grove? However, it's obviously Black.

Keith
19-05-2011, 07:23 PM
It was showing 7.5k on the clock when I offered less than it is up for sale for now to Hartwells in Hull back in around 2006

At the time it was sporting brand new rear disks had no sat nav or CD changer.
I really doubt the mileage is genuine as when I looked at it looked quite used lots of bobbling on the seats etc. I think it was a development car and picked up the front bumper and new paint for photographic reasons.

It might have been the car on the brochure.

V5 said Green last but one previous owner when it last appeared on Ebay told me it still said Green and being black olive in colour that is sort of correct.

The front bumper is red underneath.

20-05-2011, 12:25 AM
[QUOTE=brrm;91640]Black Olive, or just very thin black respray over Le Mans green?
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/gallery/albums/628/medium/1635174-9.jpg

Oh Dear, 005 is, and is staying, Le mans Green:~

brrm
20-05-2011, 12:44 AM
[QUOTE=brrm;91640]Black Olive, or just very thin black respray over Le Mans green?

Oh Dear, 005 is, and is staying, Le mans Green:~

I'll let you off as that's quite the project you've got there :eek:

20-05-2011, 01:32 AM
[QUOTE=005;91678]

I'll let you off as that's quite the project you've got there :eek:
Thanks mate! :thumb: I like Le Mans, and besides, It's progressing quite nicely at the moment, and I'm not taking it apart again:)

precious metal
20-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Interesting reply form the selling agarge -

"Black Olive is Pearl Black laquer over Le Mans Green, it's a two stage paint and one of the more basic monogram colours - the car has not been resprayed. The engine bay has been sprayed the same colour as the rest of the car. Some of the laquer has peeled off in places from the heat / wear and tear which shows the Le Mans green underneath.
It's an 03MY car with an 04MY exterior (sans boot), but that doesn't make it a bad example by any means.
Mechanically the car is sound and it drives brilliantly, no different to any other 260 I've driven. While I would confess the car is not up to full enthuisast standard it is still a clean, used, example of an MG ZT-T"
Kind regards HG ltd

they obviously dont know thereir ZTT V8's especially this one

they also state the history and mleage are 100 % correct

JB
elite car co.

greeners
20-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Interesting reply form the selling agarge -

[FONT=Arial]"Black Olive is Pearl Black laquer over Le Mans Green, it's a two stage paint and one of the more basic monogram colours - the car has not been resprayed. The engine bay has been sprayed the same colour as the rest of the car. Some of the laquer has peeled off in places from the heat / wear and tear which shows the Le Mans green underneath.

hhmmmm........the only cars that ever had lacquered engine bays were show cars, production line cars were just unfinished top coat......and if the lacquer did come off, you'd want to see the top coat not the base coat I'd have thought.

tonybubble
20-05-2011, 07:04 PM
I wonder what their explanation is for the red paint under the front bumper? :D

Keith
20-05-2011, 10:19 PM
well that's easy it was probably a pre production bumper

I never knew lemans green was the base
perhaps it never was resprayed then

seems odd the door shuts and some nuts and bolts are LeMans green though but as it is a really unique car I don't really mind

MGTurbo#261
23-05-2011, 10:26 AM
I went to view this car on Friday, I posted up on MGRover.org as the car threw up lots of questions in my mind as lots of little things didnt look right and made me wonder its origins. Rolled1 sent me over here to answer my questions.

All my concerns have been answered in the various threads on the car, the car is on the forecourt at the dealers and so far they have had the wheels refurbished and also had a few areas on the bodywork repaired where it was scuffed and scratched.
The paint finish on the car is dreadful, especially around the door openings and sills. Also the wear on the interior is odd considering the low mileage. What do people think is a fair value for the car ?

I already have a ZTT190 and Rover 75 Tourer CDTI, but my lust for a V8 ZTT needs to be fulfilled.

greeners
23-05-2011, 10:43 AM
As to price, the car is what it is.

Although low mileage, it would have had a hard life in it's first 6 - 12 months as a development car.

There will be some bits that are unique on it as it would have been tinkered with by the factory.

Tourer's are rare so this adds to the value, but it's condition detracts.

Personally, (& knowing what it sold for at auction) I'd pay no more then £4500 for it....

colintf
23-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Hi and welcome to the Two-Sixties

personally i would avoid it and wait for a better one to buy :cool: