PDA

View Full Version : v8 260 front and rear springs wanted

jimmie
15-05-2011, 12:52 AM
hi guys i have recently bought the rover 75 v8 in odysey blue 56 reg from soverign cars in whitchurch hampshirethe car is great with the autobox but however i would like the stance of a standard v8 ,im not worried so much about handling more to do with its look`s

jimmie
15-05-2011, 12:56 AM
guys as you can probably tell im not all that good on the computer and sent my post before it was finishedany help locating front and rear springs would be really appreciatedor even a complete 260 set upthanks jim biggam elderslie scotland

Tim
15-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Hello Jimmie

Don't forget to send me your questionnaire as a good bit of the info you are after is within the owners area.

Sounds like you know what you need. You are looking for the yellow ZT set up, the Rover 75 shocks are black. May also be an idea to look at your wheels, low profile 18 rims would assist. If you have £1200 spare there is also an after market suspension kit though I have not seen it on a R75 V8 yet.

ksilver
15-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Hi Jimmie

Glad you found you're way over here. I answered you query on the other site, but I could maybe add that cost wise the VHS kit is good value at about £1100 fitted, I bought standard shocks all round, new front springs (Rear like hen's teeth at the moment) and then got my garage to fit, the total cost is not that far short of what VHS charge.

jimmie
15-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Hi Tim Thanks For Your Reply Re My 260 Springs,what I Was Trying To Achieve Was Having The Rover 75 Looking Stock With The Exception Of Having The Nice Stance Of A Zt 260 I Have Had Three Zt 260`s Previously And Cant Seem To Get Away From These,i Bought An Audi Rs6 Avant V10 At Christmas Time I Love It But The 260 Bug Is Still There My Wife Cant Get Her Head Round This Regarding Your Questionaire I Dont Seem Th Have It,id Be More Than Happy To Be A Full Member ,might Need Some Assistance In Doing Soim Not Good With Computers,but It Doesnt Stop Me Buying Carsam I Right In Saying The 17 Inch Wheels On The Rover Should Still Be The Same Height As 18`s With Low Profiles?thanks Again For Your Prompt Replyjimmie Biggam

jimmie
15-05-2011, 12:59 PM
[quote=ksilver;91228]Hi Jimmie

Glad you found you're way over here. I answered you query on the other site, but I could maybe add that cost wise the VHS kit is good value at about £1100 fitted, I bought standard shocks all round, new front springs (Rear like hen's teeth at the moment) and then got my garage to fit, the total cost is not that far short of what VHS charge thanks again k silver for your reply about my springsi have already e mailed vhs to enquire about there kiti was wondering has anybody got any pictures of a zt with this kit fitted ?thanks again jimmie biggam

greeners
15-05-2011, 01:02 PM
hi guys i have recently bought the rover 75 v8 in odysey blue 56 reg from soverign cars in whitchurch hampshirethe car is great with the autobox but however i would like the stance of a standard v8 ,im not worried so much about handling more to do with its look`s

I assume it was RX 56 HEV ?

jimmie
15-05-2011, 02:40 PM
I assume it was RX 56 HEV ?

yep that`s the car,has it been known to the two sixties ?

ksilver
15-05-2011, 04:41 PM
yep that`s the car,has it been known to the two sixties ?

When you get your questionnaire back to Tim the rest of the site will open up to you and you'll see we try and keep an eye out for every V8 that is sold (or appears in the background of wheeler dealers!)

colintf
15-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Hi Jimmie and welcome to V8 ownership :thumb

V8 Steve
29-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Hi Jimmie, I have the VHS kit fitted to my Mk1 car, I think there are some pics in the gallery In fact look at the pic in my sig). If its just looks your after the VHS kit only lowers the car by about 10mm so its not that noticable (on the ZT, maybe more noticable on the 75 V8 tho') it just so happens I have the suspension from the original set up (springs/shocks etc.) sat in my garage and its only done about 13k miles- just in case you're still looking.

jimmie
18-07-2011, 12:28 AM
hi steve im interested in your suspension ,please email me or telephone 01418421465 thanks jimmie biggam

V8 Steve
21-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Hi Jimmie
I've sent you a PM