PDA

View Full Version : 2004 ZT-T SE on Autotrader

Mean Green
08-05-2011, 07:15 AM
Nice colour :)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201113383614582/sort/priceasc/usedcars/engine-size-cars/4l_to_4-9l/make/mg/radius/1501/postcode/ss72tj/page/1?logcode=p

ksilver
08-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Nice colour :)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201113383614582/sort/priceasc/usedcars/engine-size-cars/4l_to_4-9l/make/mg/radius/1501/postcode/ss72tj/page/1?logcode=p

I assume that you posted early because you're going to see it today?

You don't want to miss another one ;)

Mean Green
08-05-2011, 12:32 PM
I assume that you posted early because you're going to see it today?

You don't want to miss another one ;)
He he. Not LPG unfortunately. Otherwise it ticks all the boxes :o

tonybubble
08-05-2011, 12:36 PM
He he. Not LPG unfortunately. Otherwise it ticks all the boxes :o

Ron at Best of British has a written off ZT-T 260 with full LPG installation - so perhaps a conversion opportunity? :)

Tim
08-05-2011, 12:57 PM
:offt Got the vin Tony?

Ron at Best of British has a written off ZT-T 260 with full LPG installation - so perhaps a conversion opportunity? :)

tonybubble
08-05-2011, 01:00 PM
:offt Got the vin Tony?

It's 399.........

Tim
08-05-2011, 01:01 PM
....Thanks

Tim
08-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Just checked got that one HG54YFP :)

Mean Green
08-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Nice idea - don't think I'm that brave - mechanically or matrimonially!:~

ksilver
08-05-2011, 06:46 PM
You can ask the breakers how much for the LPG kit, and a LPG fitter how much to install, it may not be as much as you think, to buy and fit a brand new kit will be £2-2,500 ish, a second hand kit might be half or less than that to buy and fit?

Worth asking and will give you a bit more choice in cars as there's not a huge amount of 260's with LPG already fitted.

Mean Green
09-05-2011, 06:29 AM
You can ask the breakers how much for the LPG kit, and a LPG fitter how much to install, it may not be as much as you think, to buy and fit a brand new kit will be £2-2,500 ish, a second hand kit might be half or less than that to buy and fit?

Worth asking and will give you a bit more choice in cars as there's not a huge amount of 260's with LPG already fitted.
Good thinking, although considering the one I wanted went for under £7k with 33 k on the clock and with LPG already fitted, this one's probably a bit too pricey to do that.
I'll keep looking - Pegasus is out there somewhere ;)

deltasierra
25-05-2011, 12:22 AM
My old motor....owner from build...anyone wants any info....Ask....Cheers

QUOTE=Mean Green V6;90578]Nice colour :)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201113383614582/sort/priceasc/usedcars/engine-size-cars/4l_to_4-9l/make/mg/radius/1501/postcode/ss72tj/page/1?logcode=p[/QUOTE]

AndyG
25-05-2011, 12:43 AM
My old motor....owner from build...anyone wants any info....Ask....Cheers

QUOTE=Mean Green V6;90578]Nice colour :)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201113383614582/sort/priceasc/usedcars/engine-size-cars/4l_to_4-9l/make/mg/radius/1501/postcode/ss72tj/page/1?logcode=p[/quote]

I tried sending an Email and failed :o

"

Can you let us know the last 3 numbers of the VIN.

AndyG
"

deltasierra
25-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Hi Andy..don't know why the email failed..did you PM me or what?

Anyway ..213 ...she was near enough almost the last Mk1 bar a small number if I recall correctly....at the dealers I was told she was the last Pre facelift Wagon....I had wanted to order Nightfire.....but when told she was coming down the line in Typhoon...I didn't argue! Think she is the only Mk1 ZT-T V8 in Typhoon...maybe someone can correct me...and if so..very much a unique motor! I had a private plate on so never knew any 04 standard reg.
Loved the car ..had it for 6 years....I hope the dealer has sorted the clutch and gearbox. Anyone want to know more history..please ask or PM me.
Cheers

UOTE=AndyG;92134][/quote]

"

AndyG
"[/QUOTE]

colintf
26-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Hi Andy..don't know why the email failed..did you PM me or what?

Anyway ..213 ...she was near enough almost the last Mk1 bar a small number if I recall correctly....at the dealers I was told she was the last Pre facelift Wagon....I had wanted to order Nightfire.....but when told she was coming down the line in Typhoon...I didn't argue! Think she is the only Mk1 ZT-T V8 in Typhoon...maybe someone can correct me...and if so..very much a unique motor! I had a private plate on so never knew any 04 standard reg.
Loved the car ..had it for 6 years....I hope the dealer has sorted the clutch and gearbox. Anyone want to know more history..please ask or PM me.
Cheers

UOTE=AndyG;92134]

"

AndyG
"[/quote][/quote]

Hi,

what were the Gearbox / Clutch issues?

Thanks

:cool:

deltasierra
27-05-2011, 12:28 AM
Hi
The clutch was on its way out when I last drove it...it rattled badly in neutral without the clutch depressed...I gather something to do with the bearing misalignment. My garage said it was repairable/adjustable by removal but I was less convinced. No odd noises when in gear..and she still drove well a such. I suspect it was my over use of the box that lead to the relative early demise...it's a car that begs for taking it through the box - I also kept thinking of those rear discs! Those needed sorting too..and given their rarity I recommend any buyer to check this out carefully.
The Sat Nav CDU failed to energise too....no TV radio or anything..tried replacing it twice with no success, and the MGR dealer BITE could not trace the fault.
The radiator fan gave up in late 2009....so was replaced, as had the aircon/heater matrix pipe and had a one fuel pipe split on me.
In early days before 1k miles, I lost the acc drive belt twice...the car was one of a few where MGR failed to change the aircon pump lube to a new spec which overstressed the pulleys and belt..one time leading to a powerful coolant surge out of the water filler cap......hence if you look at the engine pic in the present dealer's pics there is some glcol corrosion pittingon several components. I have two spare belts (which are 260/V8 specific) hanging in
the garage if anyone needs them!
Cheers
Other than that...no other problems to speak off.... 51K of pleasurable miles behind me in it.....shame the aircon was so pathetic.

QUOTE=colintf;92308]I tried sending an Email and failed :o

"

AndyG
"[/quote][/quote]

Hi,

what were the Gearbox / Clutch issues?

Thanks

:cool:[/QUOTE]

colintf
27-05-2011, 12:42 PM
many thanks for the info :thumb