PDA

View Full Version : OAP Pete

OAP Pete
02-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Any one no where the "Air Bags module" is located on 53 reg 260. Thanks Guys...Pete.

bernard lpg
02-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Any one no where the "Air Bags module" is located on 53 reg 260. Thanks Guys...Pete.

In the transmission tunnel cover, between the gear lever and handbrake.

OAP Pete
02-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Thanks Bernard,

bernard lpg
02-05-2011, 07:04 PM
You will have to at least release the tunnel cover to get under it.
There are fixings at the rear, sides and front. The side fixings may need the seats removed to get at. I have had one where I could release the side screws without removing the seats and one where I could not.
The stereo head unit has to come out to get at the front fixing.

Have you had a T4 session to pin-point the problem? There are a lot of connectors involved in the SRS system and the T4 may help.

OAP Pete
02-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Not sure what you mean re-T4,

colintf
02-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Whereabouts are you Pete? someone close to you may be able to offer advice and / or help?

:cool:

Bainzi
02-05-2011, 09:15 PM
I took my centre consol out without removing the seats, you just need to move the seats forward or backward to get at the screws either side of the consol. Two bolts at the rear that youve seen and then its a matter of taking the radio head unit/Aircon/switch plate/cig lighter & cup holder unit out. Once all that stuff is out you will see two screws holding the consol in just above were the radio sat. On lifting the unit clear I had to loosen off the handbrake a couple of turns to allow consol to clear it.
If you have all this out anyway its a good time to fit a 12V extra power adapter of ebay to the centre consol. I wired it into the cig lighter with a inline fuse.
I used the Rover 75/MG ZT Haines manual for this as it still covers a great deal of our cars (especially in how to take your radio untit out! i,e the very small screw under one of the rubber switchs) but not any V8 changes etc.

As Colin has said let us know where you are, someone will help :)

Regards

eurorover
04-05-2011, 12:18 AM
One of the fuses under the bonnet will put the ABS off so the light does not come on BUT you should get it loooked at.

Other options before you go down that road is to check the abs sensor wires on the front, the tyres can wear through the cables - if this is the case you only need to reconnect them.

Once the fault is removed the ABS light wil go out straight away.