PDA

View Full Version : O7 Plate on Flea Bay

Mean Green
21-04-2011, 09:52 PM
This has got my juices flowing, but would appreciate some expert opinion
;)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160572035504&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

colintf
21-04-2011, 10:13 PM
looks nice, but being a post 06 Reg you'll get clobbered on road Tax

There's several for sale so don't fal for the first one you see!

Whereabouts are you?

:cool:

V8 Martin
21-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Base spec. Not necessarily a bad thing, but depends if you like your toys; "SE's" mostly have Xenons, full leather, sunroof, HK stereo, satnav/TV, heated seats, rear electric windows, dash computer, blah, blah..

Does look a nice car & you'll save 100kgs!

Cribbit
21-04-2011, 11:35 PM
The comment in the description about having a cobra exhaust is odd. Looks like the standard tail pipes?

Front calipers look very rusty in the last picture, so i would question if it's been sat around for extended periods.

As mentioned, no toys, but also no traction, which would save you having to turn it off evertime you start it up.

As with any used car have a good inspection, but a late low milage example would be grabbing my interest if i was on the look out. Lack of seat heaters would upset my Mrs though!

Chris

ColinE
21-04-2011, 11:37 PM
.................& you'll save 100kgs!

Until you retro fit them all!!:~

Seriously though - look at whether fuel clip has been done, heater hose will need to be done, good inspection could save you ££ later on (say's the guy that discovered one headlight is held in with mechano)

stevemiller
21-04-2011, 11:45 PM
The comment in the description about having a cobra exhaust is odd. Looks like the standard tail pipes?

Chris

They don't look like that cobras I have stored - see link when fitted

http://youtu.be/VvMc4PZtVWg

Oh and if anybody wants them make me an offer. They are not that clean at the moment but I will clean them for sale. Ps they are a pain to fit and remove you have been warned. For an additional charge I will fit them. There is no substitute for experience!!!

Herman
22-04-2011, 12:23 AM
They don't look like that cobras I have stored - see link when fitted

http://youtu.be/VvMc4PZtVWg

Oh and if anybody wants them make me an offer. They are not that clean at the moment but I will clean them for sale. Ps they are a pain to fit and remove you have been warned. For an additional charge I will fit them. There is no substitute for experience!!!

I'll pay 50 quid for the experience if you throw the boxes in for free :D

Otherwise I thought the rules of advertising meant you have to state a price..................:)

Coasting
22-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Does look a nice car & you'll save 100kgs!

Only if it doesnt have a sunroof ;)

stevemiller
22-04-2011, 04:04 PM
I'll pay 50 quid for the experience if you throw the boxes in for free :D

Otherwise I thought the rules of advertising meant you have to state a price..................:)

They are not really for sale but if anyone wanted them I would sell low as they will probably never find there way back on the car. I paid £250 I think. They sound nice. If wanted £150 plus p&p. I really don't want to fit as they are a bugger. £150 plus fuel cost meet half way. The fuel costs are for the van at 60mpg. If not wanted no charge.

Herman
22-04-2011, 04:55 PM
They are not really for sale but if anyone wanted them I would sell low as they will probably never find there way back on the car. I paid £250 I think. They sound nice. If wanted £150 plus p&p. I really don't want to fit as they are a bugger. £150 plus fuel cost meet half way. The fuel costs are for the van at 60mpg. If not wanted no charge.

What's this with the fitting? Don't they just slip on the tail-pipes?

stevemiller
22-04-2011, 05:23 PM
They can be fitted with the wrong tools in around two hours well thats how long it took me. The problem is they have attached pins apposed to the two fixing pins. With hindsight it would be a straight push if the rear bumper is off.

I went about it without removing the bumper using compression tools on the rubber fitment piece.

Is that clear?

Mean Green
24-04-2011, 08:02 PM
looks nice, but being a post 06 Reg you'll get clobbered on road Tax

There's several for sale so don't fal for the first one you see!

Whereabouts are you?

Good point about the Tax, thanks.

Yes, I was seduced by the '07 plate and low mileage but it probably stood in a field for a while before being registered?

I'm in Essex & I've been looking for a while, but LPG is a must because of fuel economy (and emissions guilt!)

Found a Silver Mk II SE and a beautiful Mk I X-Power Grey non-SE, which I lost to the vendor's best mate.....so I continue the search for that elusive unicorn - a low mileage SE (ZT-T preferably) with LPG, in an interesting colour...for not too much money.

Not much to ask!

AndyG
24-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Found a Silver Mk II SE and a beautiful Mk I X-Power Grey non-SE, which I lost to the vendor's best mate.....so I continue the search for that elusive unicorn - a low mileage SE (ZT-T preferably) with LPG, in an interesting colour...for not too much money.

Not much to ask!

I would hate to be in your position.

You are looking for 1 in a possible 119.

Interesting colour takes it to just a few.

LPG I am sure there is one??

;)

Mean Green
25-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Yes, I know, but it's the only thing that would prise me out of my Black Pearl LPG 190+ ZT-T :D

Stefano
25-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Neil, eurorovers car is worth a look. Well sorted and loaded and has loads of spares. On the other hand - find me a Rover 75 V8 and you can have my 260.
Regards
Steve

Stefano
25-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Neil, eurorovers car is worth a look. Well sorted and loaded and has loads of spares. On the other hand - find me a Rover 75 V8 and you can have my 260.
Regards
Steve

Mean Green
25-04-2011, 08:19 PM
Yes, lovely car - but is it LPG and up for sale?
Slightly on the red side of 'interesting colour' too :~

Yours, however.........now where's my Exchange & Mart? :D

Bainzi
25-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Regards
Steve

Steve,
There is a 75 V8 on P/H now for £5000 see link

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2712869.htm

regards

Nige

NickZT
30-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Steve,
There is a 75 V8 on P/H now for £5000 see link

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2712869.htm

regards

Nige

Will this ever sell with 96k miles and £460 road tax??

jenksman
30-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Why would anyone in his right mind want to buy this car?

1. It guzzles fuel

2. It's difficult to get spare parts

3. It's notoriously unreliable

4. It's difficult to find a good garage who will service it without travelling half way round the country

5. It's priced at something like over double it's worth

These are not my views they are based on information contained in this forum

You'd have to be Mad, Mad, Mad! to even think about buying it.
Dave:fight

colintf
30-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Why would anyone in his right mind want to buy this car?

1. It guzzles fuel

2. It's difficult to get spare parts

3. It's notoriously unreliable

4. It's difficult to find a good garage who will service it without travelling half way round the country

5. It's priced at something like over double it's worth

These are not my views they are based on information contained in this forum

You'd have to be Mad, Mad, Mad! to even think about buying it.
Dave:fight

no doubt said with tongue in cheek!

Why wouldn't someone buy it? At that mileage there's still loads more left in it to give and as I have already said, for a Rover 75 V8 (which are rarer than the MG V8 ZT/ZTT) it's cheap.

Stefano
30-04-2011, 09:16 PM
col, well said.
Nige, been considering my rather rash statement to consider outing Merlin. Whilst i like autos - my other car is one, - i bought the MG for the noise and one way of managing control of that is having a manual gearbox abd blipping the throttle. I was stopped today in my village by a guy who is an out and out petrolhead who wanted to know exactly what was under the bonnet as it sounded fantastic and 'rather potent'. he asked loads if tech questions about the car.
When i grow up or my back gets worse than it is now and i need not to be able to change gear then a 75 v8 will be for me. Hang the mpg or road tax. I think the car is a steal for five grand.
steve