PDA

View Full Version : 862

eurorover
21-04-2011, 12:18 AM
It is with deep sadness that I announce the sale of 862. Registered March 1st 2005 in Rio Red and is an SE, coming up to 34,000 miles with service history. Mot till next March and 5 months tax.
The car benefits from the following:
BBK Titanium rocker covers, BBK 75mm throttle body, Steeda under drive pulley kit, twin stainless steel exhaust front to rear with sports cats and x power back boxes. The cost of this was £1k
Inside we have full leather heated memory seats, rear sun blind, power fold mirrors and all switches have been changed to blue illumination.
Wide screen tv has also been fitted with a mk iv sat nav, freeveiw and DVD player. The HK sound system has also been upgraded with new speakers and amplifiers. Giving good quality sound.
Also included in the sale is the following spares: rack, power steering pump, rear shocks, front shocks and springs, OE rocker covers, and a set of lower arms, pair of rear disks.
I may also include the number plate ?X12 MGT? with the sale.
I am looking for offers in the region of £9500. I know it a lot in today?s market but you will not need to do much to this car for many years to come.

gaz the gas
21-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Sorry to hear this mate.....

wraith01mg
21-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Very sorry to hear chap. Any particular reason for sale?

eurorover
21-04-2011, 09:12 AM
ill health no money to keep her. until i get my op i cant go back to work so needs must

StephenL
21-04-2011, 09:28 AM
I saw pictures of 862 when I was looking to buy last year and would have loved to buy it, but assumed it would never be for sale. In the end I got a very similar one, albeit with higher mileage and without a lot of the mods.

After having seen the car in the flesh at shows, I'm almost tempted to trade mine in and buy this, but I know what the wife's reaction would be :pan

Really sorry to hear your news and good luck with the sale.

wraith01mg
21-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Well I truly hope all health issues are sorted soon chap. And you can then get another 260. Lol

colintf
21-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Wyn, this is a thread I hoped you would not have to create.

I hope you can find a way of keeping #862.

Good luck mate

:cool:

Merl
21-04-2011, 02:31 PM
I feared seeing this thread and well all my wishing when I opened it didn't change the contents :(

Will keep my fingers crossed the tf sells first!

GeoffW
21-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Such a shame you have to sell Wyn , I know you're a true enthusiast and just hope your circumstances change and you can keep it, to anyone thinking of
buying its a great car in such a rare colour .

Herman
22-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Sorry to hear this. I guess you're right when you say 'needs must'

Good luck and hopefully circumstances change soon for the better.

I hope I never have to start a thread like this:(

ColinE
22-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Having come close myself I know how tough decisions like this are, I hope another way can be found

Stu C
22-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Gutted Wyn, but know after what you were talking about with your situation it's a viable choice. Fingers crossed you can work out another way as it would be a shame to sell what you've put alot of work and effort into.

But hopefully once you're back on track another 260 may find it's way to you :thumb:toast

MIKE ZT-T
22-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Do you have any pictures of car

Herman
22-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Do you have any pictures of car

Links to pictures are in the OP signature

StephenL
22-04-2011, 07:16 PM
A few more pictures from MGFifteen (https://picasaweb.google.com/sgd.lee/MGFifteen?authkey=Gv1sRgCPvvr-38w6fA4QE&feat=directlink) last year (it's the red one, X12MGT).

eurorover
22-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Thank you for all the comments. It was not an easy decision to make and I am totally gutted and very upset of the thought of it going. I finally had to say to the other half that the Dragon was for sale. We are still hoping that my motor bike and the 190 and some others will go first to give me some more time.
One thing we are both agreed on is if it does go then we won?t be having another when things are better. I just can?t put myself through the ASBO?s and all that work again of getting it to how I like it. We feel we are losing part of the family.

Tim
25-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Hope you are able to work things out and keep it Wyn.