PDA

View Full Version : OAP Pete

OAP Pete
07-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Quick question... as i dont do a lot of milage...my Car stored during winter, im used to disconnecting battery...will this be OK with 260, not worried re-Radio...but Alarm / ECUs / all OK on this...after reconnecting. Guess many of you do this.....thanks..Pete.

Keith
07-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Only thing you need to do is ensure sat nav Red Led has stopped flashing and has gone out before disconnecting the battery

Also if you have a MK2 fold the rear seat down as you will need to get the boot open again (no key lock on the MK2)

Remember car insurance will probably become invalid if the car is stolen whilst the battery is disconnected because you can't double lock the car nor will the alarm work

2V8s
07-04-2011, 04:25 PM
well yes, good point but one probably wouldnt alert the insurance co to this fact if the car was stolen. How would they ever know? :~

AndyG
07-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Put on a good Steering wheel lock. for added protection.

I use one even if I park in Tescos.

:p

Keith
07-04-2011, 05:32 PM
well yes, good point but one probably wouldnt alert the insurance co to this fact if the car was stolen. How would they ever know? :~

Err um well err.................:o

AndyG
07-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Err um well err.................:o

Cash to the club funds? :crowd

:D

Tim
07-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Whats this then, collective example of the light on but no ones home. :~

How is someone going to half inch a car with no power, unless they walk around with a car battery in their pocket. :D

OAP Pete
07-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Thanks Guys.... Take on bourd the Sat Nav light... other than that should be all OK, Car is non-face lift model. OAP Pete

AndyG
07-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Whats this then, collective example of the light on but no ones home. :~

.................:head

AndyG
07-04-2011, 10:22 PM
im used to disconnecting battery..

Just re read the quote .

They just need a spanner.:kiss

V8NDV
09-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Do you have a power supply to hand and even better a tow bar?
I use a C-Tec conditioner and have made up a link lead using the Neg and permanently live pin in the seven pin plug. The battery is always at peak charge and will not sulfate, the car is locked and the alarm active and when I want to drive away I remove it's case I have attached to the steering wheel as a reminder and unplug at the towing electrics.

The best solution I can think of.

OAP Pete
09-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Do you have a power supply to hand and even better a tow bar?
I use a C-Tec conditioner and have made up a link lead using the Neg and permanently live pin in the seven pin plug. The battery is always at peak charge and will not sulfate, the car is locked and the alarm active and when I want to drive away I remove it's case I have attached to the steering wheel as a reminder and unplug at the towing electrics.

The best solution I can think of.

No Mains power in my Garage afraid...so will disconnect Battery...and note Sat/nav light. Asked re-i know some makes of Cars ECUs can be upset re-Engine running...but appears all OK with 260. Thanks Pete.

greeners
09-04-2011, 09:52 PM
I use one of these.....absolutely superb (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360344491331&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1057wt_932)

It works even on an overcast day. Just plug it in the cigarette socket and leave it on the dash. There is a long lead , as well as crocodile clips as well.