PDA

View Full Version : Help! - Urgently need AC Compressor

Exile_Brummie
28-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Help! My poorly #77 has been off the road at Nick's for 2 weeks awaiting a new Air Con Compressor. The usual supplier is out of stock, and still awaiting shipment from the US. This will put my attendance at Brooklands at risk, but more so, my MGOC trip to northern France on 13th April (ferry booked, hotel paid for etc).

Does anyone have a compressor I could buy, or even borrow until a new one turns up? I need to get one to Nick's this week if possible?

Boo Hoo Sob!

Tony

lowey260
28-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Does anyone have a compressor I could buy, or even borrow until a new one turns up? I need to get one to Nick's this week if possible?

Boo Hoo Sob!

Tony

Tony,

Take a look at these photos and email Nick if neccessary and see if this will be suitable.

Part Number JPB000320 : http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-JPB000320

Brand new genuine MG Rover and I shall be going to Austins Garage on Saturday 2nd April for a service on my car and could take this with me if its not too late.

Hope I can be of some help,

Paul.

Martin
28-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Paul if it's needed and you can get it to me (or meet) I will take it up, at a loose end and would enjoy the trip out,

lowey260
28-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Paul if it's needed and you can get it to me (or meet) I will take it up, at a loose end and would enjoy the trip out,

I'll wait to see what Tony wants to do but getting it over to you should not be a problem. If he can wait until Saturday I'll happily take it with me:)

Martin
28-03-2011, 05:08 PM
I need the excuse to get out and use the V8 ;);):D

lowey260
28-03-2011, 05:10 PM
I need the excuse to get out and use the V8 ;);):D

Waiting to tax mine this Friday, Dont like to say it but the last time I drove mine was Bruntingthorpe last year:~ I have washed and polished it today though in readiness

Martin
28-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Yep I'm doing my nurse bit with Christine just out of Hospital and dodging about in her corsa has lost it's appeal so when she has her afternoon nap...........I'm off.........you can see the plan

lowey260
28-03-2011, 05:17 PM
so when she has her afternoon nap...........I'm off.........you can see the plan

Reminds me gotta get 40 winks myself before work tonight, otherwise its 25 hours straight through. :(:(

Martin
28-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Night, night.

Exile_Brummie
28-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Thanks Paul. I've sent the details, plus the photo's to Nick & Jean. However, when I click on the link to Rimmers, it says the item is on back order, so may not be a fast track option.

Martin
28-03-2011, 05:38 PM
I think you my be misunderstanding Paul I think he has the unit and was using Rimmers as verifying the part as the correct one.

Phil Evans
28-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Stal108 has one on an "old" engine that has only done 12,000 miles - I nearly bought it last week but another came up closer to home.

Exile_Brummie
28-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Doh, what a dummy!!!

Thanks for clarifying, I'll explain to Nick and if he confirms it is the right part, I may take Paul up on the offer...

I really appreciate your help, thanks again.

colintf
28-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Good luck Tony,

I was admiring #77 at Nicks on Friday

:cool:

lowey260
28-03-2011, 07:20 PM
I think you my be misunderstanding Paul I think he has the unit and was using Rimmers as verifying the part as the correct one.

Yes part was bought a few months ago as a spare and is with me ready to take to Nick if its the right part and your happy to replace it with the one you have ordered from the States once it finally arrives. Im not in a rush but would prefer to have mine repalced rather than buy it outright as I like collecting spares:D:D

lowey260
29-03-2011, 02:22 PM
I have Pm Tony and unfortunately after speaking to Nick he requires the Compressor clutch which I dont have. So if anyone else can help him out with the complete assembly before its too late please do so.

spartacus
29-03-2011, 02:24 PM
I got mine through Peter Wayte's (Carserve) air-con man. Might be worth giving him a call (via Peter) as he usually has them in stock. Apparently brings his uin from Germany...

Exile_Brummie
29-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Mark, I called Peter @ Carserve and left a voice message. He called back, but in the meantime Nick has ordered a compressor + clutch from the US.

Peter Wayte at Car Serve (http://car-serve.co.uk/contactus.aspx (http://car-serve.co.uk/contactus.aspx)) said he can normally get hold of 260 compressors from his UK stock at short notice (sourced from Germany).

He also seems a very helpful guy and is willing to take a call from anyone requiring help in sourcing or fitting the compressor.

Many thanks for the recommendation, I would certainly have used Peter had we not already ordered one from the US.

All the best, TC

Martin
29-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Mark, I called Peter @ Carserve and left a voice message. He called back, but in the meantime Nick has ordered a compressor + clutch from the US.

Peter Wayte at Car Serve (http://car-serve.co.uk/contactus.aspx (http://car-serve.co.uk/contactus.aspx)) said he can normally get hold of 260 compressors from his UK stock at short notice (sourced from Germany).

He also seems a very helpful guy and is willing to take a call from anyone requiring help in sourcing or fitting the compressor.

Many thanks for the recommendation, I would certainly have used Peter had we not already ordered one from the US.

All the best, TC

Hi just had a reply from Aaironline my guy there Rick says he could ship one out via UPS but as you have it covered brill did Nick source it from them they are a good outfit?

spartacus
30-03-2011, 10:26 AM

I can vouch for Peter's helpfulness. When mine went titsup and burned through the serpentine belt at Watford Gap (d'oh), Peter took the car in the following miorning from the AA and fixed it the same day. That was after a good while talking to me about it all on the phone the previous evening. :ash Top man...

scooter
30-03-2011, 05:23 PM
We keep them in stock complete with clutch

stal108
30-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Yes i still have A/C pump as said 12k on my old engine. pm me.

jenksman
30-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Hi
i have been following this thread. I note that a number of suppliers are offering new compressors for ZT/75/Freelander. Can somebody tell me if these are suitable, I suspect not However what about the pulley clutch assembly. is this the same as the 260. If this is the case a new pulley/clutch assembly could be fitted to a duff compressor to make the car mobile again. OK so no AC but most of us are in UK not Florida
jenksman:fight