PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Northern Ireland!

kris214
26-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Hello everyone, hope you are all well. I'm greeting you all from Northern Ireland :ash

I one day plan to own a ZT V8, hopefully sooner than later. I drive a ZT diesel at the moment which I absolutely love but I now do a lot less miles than what I was so can't really justify having one.

Currently have my eye on a few V8's so I'm hoping it won't be long before I am able to buy.

Thanks,

Kris.

Tim
26-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Welcome along Kris. Any questions just ask. :D

kris214
26-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Welcome along Kris. Any questions just ask. :D

Thank-you Tim, I shall when I think of a few to ask :)

wraith01mg
26-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Hi. Welcome along. I hope you find what you looking for. :D

James C
26-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Welcome! Now seem to be the time to get one (if you're not driving a huge amount) as with higher fuel prices more people are selling them (fools!)

colintf
26-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Hi Kris and welcome!

Have you anything specific in mind? ZT/ZTT SE non SE or specific colours?

We can keep an eye out for you :thumb

kris214
27-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Hello all. Yes I have seen many more for sale now than say 6 months ago so I'm hoping it won't be long before I am able to buy.

I would be after a facelift ZT saloon with the SE spec. My ZT diesel is firefrost red which I absolutely love but I haven't seen one in this colour before. I do like them in green and have seen one on pistonheads which looks very nice indeed. Only thing I'm hesitant about is its mileage (99k) but after doing a lot of reading this engine seems to be good for many more than this, just I would prefer one with less than this.

The one I would absolutely love is John Newey's Poseidon which just looks stunning!

colintf
27-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Hello all. Yes I have seen many more for sale now than say 6 months ago so I'm hoping it won't be long before I am able to buy.

I would be after a facelift ZT saloon with the SE spec. My ZT diesel is firefrost red which I absolutely love but I haven't seen one in this colour before. I do like them in green and have seen one on pistonheads which looks very nice indeed. Only thing I'm hesitant about is its mileage (99k) but after doing a lot of reading this engine seems to be good for many more than this, just I would prefer one with less than this.

The one I would absolutely love is John Newey's Poseidon which just looks stunning!

that is a stunning colour - go for it :thumb

kris214
27-03-2011, 06:01 PM
If I can get the funds together then it will be top of my list. My problem is I can't sell my car until I have another to go straight into, I have become too dependant on it :) I have applied for a loan so will be interesting to see whether or not its approved and then I can make a large repayment off it when my car sells.

colintf
27-03-2011, 06:57 PM
If I can get the funds together then it will be top of my list. My problem is I can't sell my car until I have another to go straight into, I have become too dependant on it :) I have applied for a loan so will be interesting to see whether or not its approved and then I can make a large repayment off it when my car sells.

have you thought about asking John Newey if he would do a part exchange deal?

:cool:

John Newey
27-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Hi Kris and welcome to the forum. Pretty much anything you wanna know about MG ZT260's is here on this forum. I'm on my second one and lurve em! Still got the Poseidon one, so get yourself over on the ferry and come and have a look!

kris214
27-03-2011, 07:58 PM
have you thought about asking John Newey if he would do a part exchange deal?

Yes I have and a fair trade in price was given but I'd rather sell it privately if I can as I believe I'd get more for it this way.

Hi Kris and welcome to the forum. Pretty much anything you wanna know about MG ZT260's is here on this forum. I'm on my second one and lurve em! Still got the Poseidon one, so get yourself over on the ferry and come and have a look!

Believe me John if I'm coming over on a ferry it will be to take Miss Poseidon with me :D

colintf
27-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Whats the details of your Diesel ZT?

kris214
27-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Its a 2004 facelift + model CDTi 135, just under 98k miles, firefrost red, full spec including headlight washers, auto dip mirror, auto wipers, cruise control, electric rear sun blind, red alcantara interior which are both electric and heated, computer message display, xenon headlights and Apex alloys as found on the V8 refurbished last year in silver. Has all the common problems sorted like new fan motor and resister, clutch, alternator, thermostat and PCV valve. MOT till February 2012 and taxed until end of August 2011. Recent oil change too and will be getting a new maf before I sell. Couple of marks round the body but nothing bad apart from the front bumper which has a few scuffs that where there when I got it and never did get round to sorting.

ColinE
27-03-2011, 09:49 PM
How much you looking for the CDTi?

kris214
27-03-2011, 11:29 PM
I can't really work out what a fair asking price would be. I would love to say its worth around £5k but being realistic I would say something under £4k would be more like it. ZT's do seem to sell for more over here, maybe its down to less choice. Last week I rang about a non facelift + model that didn't have as many toys, 7 months MOT, no tax, 106k miles which was advertised privately for £4,400 and was shocked to be told it had sold for £4,250 which I think is massive!

wraith01mg
28-03-2011, 08:09 AM
Wow. I think I'll sell my 180 sports auto over there. I'm not likely to get more than 1500 for that here even though it's in pretty good nick.

colintf
28-03-2011, 12:29 PM
sounds great, but if only it had a sunroof as well......

James C
28-03-2011, 12:58 PM
There's no escaping this lot, Kris.

Once you've registered on here they won't rest until you've bought one ;)

AndyG
28-03-2011, 01:01 PM

~@~>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:D

Stu C
28-03-2011, 02:03 PM

Got yours yet? :p :D

James C
28-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Got yours yet? :p :D

No. And I'm wearing the carpet out pacing backwards and forwards ;)

Greeners is getting it serviced and taxed this week hopefully!

kris214
03-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Well its just a matter to see if my loan is accepted or not. If it is Miss Poseidon shall hopefully be mine! :)

colintf
03-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Well its just a matter to see if my loan is accepted or not. If it is Miss Poseidon shall hopefully be mine! :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :thumb

kris214
03-04-2011, 10:14 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :thumb

Thank-you. My loan application was accepted but not for the full amount unfortunately. Despite this I have made an offer to John which I hope is accepted :~ Just a matter of waiting to find out. Keep them fingers crossed Colin! :p

colintf
04-04-2011, 12:22 PM
could you combine collection with the Pride of Longbridge event sat 16 or 17th of April??

There's going to be 30 or so of us there - be good to meet you and see your new car there :)

kris214
05-04-2011, 11:25 PM
could you combine collection with the Pride of Longbridge event sat 16 or 17th of April??

There's going to be 30 or so of us there - be good to meet you and see your new car there :)

Oh is that when its on? I wanted to go last year but never got the time off work.

I'd either be collecting the car myself or getting it transported over...really would depend on when the car is ready.

Good news is John and I have came to agreement :p :D

colintf
06-04-2011, 12:25 PM
hey thats great news ref your new car :thumb

Pride of Longbridge is Saturday 15th (I think) of April, ie a week this Saturday

kris214
08-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Collecting the car on the 16th so I will be there depending on what time I'm able to get a boat for...might just be able to stay an hour or so before I have to leave though but it would be good to see some fellow owners and of course other MG's and Rover's.

colintf
08-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Collecting the car on the 16th so I will be there depending on what time I'm able to get a boat for...might just be able to stay an hour or so before I have to leave though but it would be good to see some fellow owners and of course other MG's and Rover's.

that could work out well then Kris :thumb

kris214
17-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi all. Collected my new car yesterday and love it. Never had time to show my face at the pride of longbridge meet, as soon as I had the key I had to get on the road. Hopefully I can make an appearance next year.

Tim
17-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Welcome to greeness Kris. :D

Hi all. Collected my new car yesterday and love it. Never had time to show my face at the pride of longbridge meet, as soon as I had the key I had to get on the road. Hopefully I can make an appearance next year.

kris214
17-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Why thank-you Tim :D

colintf
17-04-2011, 07:15 PM

glad all went well yesterday Kris.

Be good to see you at PoL next year.

Welcome to V8 Ownership

kris214
17-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Thank-you Colin, I love it!