PDA

View Full Version : For Sale - my ZT 260 SE (No 75 in Odyssey Blue)

Italianstallion
06-02-2011, 01:08 PM
NOW SOLD

http://gallery.me.com/corryfamily/100015/car2/web.jpg
http://gallery.me.com/corryfamily/100015/car4/web.jpg

http://gallery.me.com/corryfamily/100015/dash1/web.jpg
http://gallery.me.com/corryfamily/100015/dash4/web.jpg

See here first for a full overview

http://web.me.com/corryfamily/MG_ZT_260/MG_ZT_260.html

(Apols, the information below is simply pasted from my original advert. Stating the obvious for most Two Owners)

I'm selling my 2003 registered 'SE' model MG ZT 260 pre-facelift car. The car is finished in monogram Odyssey Blue flip paint, which is a very beautiful colour and reflects the light different tones of green, blue and hints of purple. The 260 is a performance car distinguished by the renowned V8 Ford Mustang Engine under the bonnet, which produces a lovely rumble at low revs and growls into life when you put your right foot down giving you 0 - 60 in just over 6 seconds. This is car be summed up as being a lovely example of a limted edition classic performance car which every possible feature.

The MG 260 SE has the following spec:

- 4.6 V8 Mustang Engine
- 5 Speed Tremec Gearbox
- Rear Wheel Drive
- Full Black Leather & Alcantara Seats
- Rear Spoiler
- 18 inch wheels
- Upgraded ICE to Latest OEM spec Head Unit, with IGO Sat Nav, DVD Player, MP3, IPOD Connectivity.
- Inbuilt Rear Sony DVD Leather Head Rests. 2 x Games DVD?s and 2 x wireless controllers.
- Harmon Kardon Sound system.
- Xenon Headlights
- Heated / Electric Seats
- Dual Zone Climate Control / AC
- Sunshine Roof
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Rain Sensing Wipers

The MG is sold complete with :

- V5 Logbook
- MOT till March 2012, Taxed till end of Feb 2011
- 2 Keys.

Work undertaken since ownership

- New Mintec front disc brakes and pads fitted.
- New K & N Air Filter fitted.
- 2 x new rear tyres, fitted recently.
- ICE updated with state of the art front head unit and rear DVD head rests at cost of over £1000.
- Dash upgraded to stylish carbon which perfectly complements the vehicle.
- Car has had all extra pack options enabled on T4 machine (lazy lock function etc).
- Sunroof drains fixed.

Mechanical Condition

The car is in superb mechanical condition with absolutely no mechanical faults. It is low mileage with only 39k miles on the clock. The engine sounds awesome yet can be driven in peace on long motorway journeys. The noise from the engine really is glorious when provoked and always produces a smile. The gear change is tight and precise as it should be and suits the engine perfectly. The car rides, stops and handles beautifully.

Interior Condition

The interior condition reflects the cars low milage with no dirt, excessive wear or lingering smells. It has been lovingly cared for since I took on ownership and is a clean example throughout.

Exterior Condition

The cars bodywork is in excellent condition, it has been washed, polished and waxed since ownership.

Anything I need to know?

The vehicle comes with a limited history since I took on ownership in 2010. This does not cause any issue as the car is excellent condition all round, it is very low milage and mechanically is in perfect condition (i would not have bought it myself otherwise). The mustang engine is well proven, specific examples have reached over 400 k miles.

About me

Been a member here on here since 2009, and its been fantastic experience. I've owned a number of MGs including this one. I'm basically selling the car as I am now having to commute to Scotland on a regular basis to visit my father who has recently fallen unwell, so have purchased a diesel 75 for the fuel economy on the long journeys. The V8 will be greatly missed. I'm very happy to answer any of your questions, just send me a PM.

Contact

fcorry2005@yahoo.co.uk
Mobile - 07870197321
or just pm me.

The car can be viewed at my address in the Leeds, West Yorkshire, area. I am free evenings monday to friday and most weekends for viewing the car.

The car is also listed on piston heads -

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2475991.htm

Price - £5900

Tim
06-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Pity with all the effort you have put into the car, but needs must and I hope your Dad gets better soon.

Italianstallion
06-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Pity with all the effort you have put into the car, but needs must and I hope your Dad gets better soon.

Yes I'm going to be really sad when she goes but at least the next owner gets the benefit and I'll be sure to refer them onto 260's. Thanks for your support.

Italianstallion
09-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Better pictures of the car can be seen here:

http://gallery.me.com/corryfamily#100075

Italianstallion
19-03-2011, 04:27 PM
The car is now sold to Ken B, who's already a well established member here.

Really happy its gone to Ken, from meeting him he's genuinely lovely chap and someone who I know will take excellent care of the car. He's also got the mechanical knowledge that I'm lacking to keep the car in ship shape.

On a personal note I'm feeling a bit down that I've had to part ways with the best car I have ever owned and indeed am likely ever to own. On the positive side, I still feel very much a part of the 260 community and will continue to enjoy the great company here, until my circumstances change, my insurance premium goes down and when fuel does not dictate my wallet :).

Then I might just find myself back in the market for another 260, this time a supercharged one :D

colintf
19-03-2011, 05:49 PM
glad it has gone to a good home.

You are always welcome on here, and at the shows - don't become a stranger. Hopefully it will all come good, and you'll be back driving a blown one soon :thumb

Italianstallion
19-03-2011, 06:24 PM
glad it has gone to a good home.

You are always welcome on here, and at the shows - don't become a stranger. Hopefully it will all come good, and you'll be back driving a blown one soon :thumb

Thanks Colin, I certainly won't become a stranger, although I'm sure many have said that not to return. But me, I'll be lurking :~ around these parts for some time to come.

Tim
19-03-2011, 06:52 PM
You'll be back :). Great to see Ken is staying green as well. :D

The car is now sold to Ken B, who's already a well established member here.

Really happy its gone to Ken, from meeting him he's genuinely lovely chap and someone who I know will take excellent care of the car. He's also got the mechanical knowledge that I'm lacking to keep the car in ship shape.

On a personal note I'm feeling a bit down that I've had to part ways with the best car I have ever owned and indeed am likely ever to own. On the positive side, I still feel very much a part of the 260 community and will continue to enjoy the great company here, until my circumstances change, my insurance premium goes down and when fuel does not dictate my wallet :).

Then I might just find myself back in the market for another 260, this time a supercharged one :D