PDA

View Full Version : 2004 MK2 ZT 4.6 260 SE for sale

precious metal
26-01-2011, 06:21 PM
FYI

another one has just come in stock -

2004 / 04 MK2 ZT 4.6 SE 260 saloon in Metallic Black / Black full Leather, FMGSH, only 26k miles, usual SE spec, lovely condition - ch no - 365

£8,499

regards

James

sales@elitecar.co.uk

precious metal
27-01-2011, 12:22 PM
not sure how many "black" shades there are

this one is actually "PBT" - Pearl Black Mica Metallic which appears to be similar in colour to BMW's - Carbon Schwarz ( ink blue / black metallic )

regards

JB

colintf
27-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Pearl Black is a lovely colour (in my opinion!)

:cool:

Klaus
27-01-2011, 02:07 PM
yes it is!!!

AndyG
27-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Pearl Black is a lovely colour

Especially with Green Stripes.

:p

colintf
27-01-2011, 06:08 PM
not sure how many "black" shades there are

this one is actually "PBT" - Pearl Black Mica Metallic which appears to be similar in colour to BMW's - Carbon Schwarz ( ink blue / black metallic )

regards

JB

Pearl Black is not as rare as your ebay advert suggests, approx 145 were made in that colour ;)

looks nice in the pictures though

Nich
27-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Pearl Black is not as rare as your ebay advert suggests, approx 145 were made in that colour ;)

looks nice in the pictures though

Where did you get that figure Colin, seems rather high to me. I have always been under the impression that although not one of the rare colours Pearl Black wasn't up there with the X-Power Greys etc. Have you got access to more accurate figures?

Nich.

colintf
27-01-2011, 08:17 PM
it's from a reasonanbly accurate source :)

it was a popular export colour as well as alot of the later ones being that colour.

precious metal
28-01-2011, 09:21 AM
i know they did a non metallic black, was the metallic mica black "PBT" the only metallic black or did they do a true metallic black aswell, as this colour is more like the mercedes blue / black and with the sun on looks great, probably why most went for export to places with more sun !!

i had an E36 M3 convertible back in 2001 in this colour (carbon schwarz)with tan leather and it looked absolutely stunning in the light.

has turned out to be a bonus as i thought it was non metallic black until i stopped under a lit garage forecourt

regards

JB

Nich
28-01-2011, 09:58 AM
it's from a reasonanbly accurate source :)

it was a popular export colour as well as alot of the later ones being that colour.

Mmmmm...... Do you know how many Mk2 ZT-T's were produced in Pearl Black and if so can you tell me without incurring the wrath of God (being in the public section an all).

Nich.

T16
28-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Why would anyone pay that price when you can see other cars for up to £2-3000K less in comparable condition?

Nich
28-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Reliable dealer.

:)

Nich.

colintf
28-01-2011, 12:29 PM
somewhere like SMC would be charging more than that for it.

as has been said, its froma good dealer so I woudl guess its a piece of mind option with the benefits of it coming from a dealer (warranty etc etc I guess)

colintf
28-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Mmmmm...... Do you know how many Mk2 ZT-T's were produced in Pearl Black and if so can you tell me without incurring the wrath of God (being in the public section an all).

Nich.

drop me a PM and I will see what i can find :)

colintf
28-01-2011, 12:33 PM
i know they did a non metallic black, was the metallic mica black "PBT" the only metallic black or did they do a true metallic black aswell, as this colour is more like the mercedes blue / black and with the sun on looks great, probably why most went for export to places with more sun !!

i had an E36 M3 convertible back in 2001 in this colour (carbon schwarz)with tan leather and it looked absolutely stunning in the light.

has turned out to be a bonus as i thought it was non metallic black until i stopped under a lit garage forecourt

regards

JB

Raven black might of been the non metallic black, and there may be another black colour name. They changed paint suppliers in 2004 for example Trophy blue finished and was replaced with ignition blue.

A lot of the 80th edition TF's in 2004 were Pearl Black (with maroon hoods and alacantara trim to seats and door panels) they looked stunning. I remember first seeing them as i was being shown around the factory on Nov 2003:)

precious metal
28-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Colinn

thanks, have changed advert from "Rare" to "Great" colour. i thought the Mica black was a rare colour as i have never had one before, i have had numerous solid black ones in a ll the 45 V8's i have had in but no Mica black ones

re : T16's comment : if you can find any ZT MK2 260 SE's with 25k miles in similar condition for around £5,500 please let me know i will buy all of them straight away !!! our car is the same price as Summits one and its alot less mileage and Montys have a ZTT up at nearly £10k ??? i think ours is actually good value

what other proper V8 (not german or jap) engined prestige high specced saloon car with low miles can you buy for under £10k ? a monaro (2 dr) will cost you £10k for a car with 60k miles

Regards

JB

colintf
28-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Raven black might of been the non metallic black, and there may be another black colour name. They changed paint suppliers in 2004 for example Trophy blue finished and was replaced with ignition blue.

A lot of the 80th edition TF's in 2004 were Pearl Black (with maroon hoods and alacantara trim to seats and door panels) they looked stunning. I remember first seeing them as i was being shown around the factory on Nov 2003:)

I only find reference to Pearl Black and "plack paint cob". I don't know what monogram colours were other than these http://www.phoenix-mg-rover.org/build_your_own_mg_zt.html

Maybe Raven black was only used on TF's then?

As I said before, I think Pearl Black is a stunning colour!!

Herman
29-01-2011, 08:51 AM
I only find reference to Pearl Black and "plack paint cob". I don't know what monogram colours were other than these http://www.phoenix-mg-rover.org/build_your_own_mg_zt.html

Maybe Raven black was only used on TF's then?

As I said before, I think Pearl Black is a stunning colour!!

Mine's a 2004 and in Raven Black (paint code as per above = PMF)
Maybe that is a rare colour than:D

Mean Green
29-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Yes, Pearl Black is beautiful - my 190+ ZT-T is Pearl Black and when she's super clean, there's almost a purple undertone.
Were there any 260s made in dark metallic green? My brother-in-law has a 190 in that colour but I bet a V8 would look amazing.

colintf
29-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Mine's a 2004 and in Raven Black (paint code as per above = PMF)
Maybe that is a rare colour than:D

thats what they refer to as "Black paint C.O.B."

Herman
29-01-2011, 03:34 PM
thats what they refer to as "Black paint C.O.B."

What does COB stand for?? (colour of beauty ??:~ )