PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 260.

roast
19-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Hello guys n girls as the title says i am now possibly looking for a zt 260. I was originaly looking at jaguar s type r but after having a test drive in one i was put off by the auto gear box :(
So then i came accross the zt 260 seems to tick all the boxes and has a manual box!!
Any way im selling my car first so if anybody is interested in mine that would be good here is a link to my advert;
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2366984.htm
Looking for a zt for around the same money as mine hopefully low millage good condition with plenty of history would be good!
Thanks
Keith

Coasting
19-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Nice car you have for sale, quite fancied one myself, but cant get away with anything that small unfortunately...

Any ideas of colours spec etc?

You should be able to get a good one with your budget :)

roast
19-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Hi thanks it is a great little car i will miss it but its time for something abit bigger and dare i say it more sensible.
Anyway as for the zt well i would like a high spec car fully loaded if poss so guess its a se spec. Im not majorly fussed about colours really i will consider any colour.
Looking forward to owning another V8 again! I use to have a tvr chimaera and i think you cant beat the sound of a nice burbling v8, so maybe xpower exhaust or other different aftermarket exhausts would be a good bonus!

Coasting
19-01-2011, 10:19 PM
If I was looking now, I would probably be looking at this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-MGZT-4-6-V8-260-SE-/230571209596?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item35af1d737c

Looks like it needs a bit of work and a bit high price wise, but might be worth a gander.

There are a couple for sale here, one user had a low mileage silver one for sale a while back, not sure if he has sold it though...

X-Power exhaust is awesome but not for the subtle person,

I am a bit biased though! ;)

black olive
19-01-2011, 10:23 PM
sleeved x powers are the way to go.

our cars can do sensible, comfortable, or lairy , depending on your mood

good luck in the search, you wont regret it

roast
19-01-2011, 10:33 PM
If I was looking now, I would probably be looking at this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-MGZT-4-6-V8-260-SE-/230571209596?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item35af1d737c

Looks like it needs a bit of work and a bit high price wise, but might be worth a gander.

There are a couple for sale here, one user had a low mileage silver one for sale a while back, not sure if he has sold it though...

X-Power exhaust is awesome but not for the subtle person,

I am a bit biased though! ;)

Yeah i love that colour! looks great not sure about the light coloured leather though, i always worry how it might wear.
X power exhausts sound the way to go not must chance in me being the subtle person ha ha. Im use to mad cars ive had quite a few.

Coasting
19-01-2011, 10:43 PM
The light coloured leather is the best bit and veyr rare!

Shows up the age less than darker leathers but does need to be kept clean :)

chopper666
20-01-2011, 07:58 AM
my ZT is for sale, listed here and on ebay.

Flying Silver
20-01-2011, 09:17 AM

...whats the work that needs doing - you must be eagle eyed?

Coasting
20-01-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm Super Eagle eyed! ;)

salamander
20-01-2011, 12:10 PM
If you like the Posieden Blue then I think John over at Summit Garages still has the monogram Posieden 260 for sale there.

http://www.summitgarage.co.uk/used-car-sales.php?page=1

Worth a pop over just to see his own monogram shot silk with the supercharger fitted. If you are lucky he may just take you out for a blast in it. Then you will be hooked.:)

colintf
20-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi and welcome.

Good luck in your search!

:cool:

spartacus
20-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Would probably have to contemplate selling mine if the right offer came along.

It's...
Pearl Black SE MkII
2005 '05 with 34k miles
MOT 'til May and tax 'til November
I think it has most if not all optional extras (cruise, sunblind, electric seats, folding mirrors, HK sounds, etc.)
X-Power exhausts
Accufab throttle body and plenum (optional, as I have the original)
Uprated heater valve and hose
MG7 rear lights (optional, as I have the originals)

I can give you more info if you are interested. Not desperate to sell (yet), so I'll leave it to you. Send me a pm if you are interested.

Oh, I'm in Surrey...

gjt100
20-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Mine is still for sale also.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260696164913&ssPageName=STRK:MEUSX:IT

Looking for offers around £7500-00

Regards

Graham

roast
20-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. They all sound really nice! I just hope mine sells quick or one of you decide they want abit of fun for the summer and do a swap ;)

Just out of interest is there anybody in the essex area on here? and wouldnt mind showing me round theres?? :o

Ive seen one advertised on ph a black mk2 but see on here it has some history being a fast response car? and use to be in bad condition with holes in grill and drivers seat etc?? Dont want to look at one and get put off straight away if you know what i mean.

greeners
20-01-2011, 05:45 PM
I'm on the Essex / Herts Boarders......

spartacus
20-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Your best bet is (probably) to buy from a member. Mind you, I think the one with the holes in in was a member's, but not for very long...

Oh, I'm close to the M25 (J10), but there are a couple of Essex girls on here I believe :~

Stefano
21-01-2011, 11:29 PM
southend any good?
steve