PDA

View Full Version : Royal Blue SE #170(?)

colintf
21-12-2010, 06:14 PM
looks very nice to ebay listing 4155772514

:cool:

black olive
21-12-2010, 06:33 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-MG-ZT-MGZT-4-6-V8-260-SE-Immacualte-Throughout-/280606745876?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4155772514

needs apex alloys to set it off

colintf
21-12-2010, 06:38 PM
personally i think straights suit the prefacelift and apex's the facelifts :cool:

ColinE
21-12-2010, 07:02 PM
I got my straights on my facelift at the moment and I really like it, not as easy to clean as the apex's though

2V8s
21-12-2010, 08:52 PM
I think that colour looks awesome.

re. wheels - it took me a while to like the staights, and now I think the mk1 never looks as good with anything else!

ksilver
21-12-2010, 10:52 PM
I have seen ZT's in this colour before and it is one of my favourites.

Pictures make that car look really nice, must be one of the first registered on a 53 plate don't see many of those.

Stu C
22-12-2010, 01:45 AM
Looks a ver nice example! And so it should..sister ship to mine :D

colintf
22-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Royal Blue is one of my favourite colours (and one of the monogram dash colour options;))

AndyG
22-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Royal Blue is one of my favourite colours (and one of the monogram dash colour options;))

mine too........;)

JulesV
22-12-2010, 05:47 PM
I really fancy a monogram dash for mine. Do they ever come up on ebay?

colintf
22-12-2010, 06:01 PM
I really fancy a monogram dash for mine. Do they ever come up on ebay?

thats where mine came from, but I only discovered it was a monogram dash when I picked it up. I thought it was just a dash someone had sprayed in trophy blue, but it wasn't. It was in Royal Blue and it had non "standard" finish part numbers on the flipside of the dash parts. I then did some research and discovered it was a monogram dash. https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=7167

You could always get a second dash set and spray it any colour you like :)

If money was no object, I quite fancy a Moonshine coloured dash set

ColinE
22-12-2010, 10:39 PM
It is a beautiful colour

greeners
23-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Well if it is #170, it did belong to davey13 (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showpost.php?p=66182&postcount=20)

Not a prolific poster...

Eric
23-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Well if it is #170, it did belong to davey13 (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showpost.php?p=66182&postcount=20)

Not a prolific poster...

Does anyone knows the history of this car :drive ? It looks interesting to me but is it worth the trip from Holland to Sheffield? Think I need a snow-scooter to get there because flying is nearly impossible these days..:D

Coasting
23-12-2010, 12:16 PM
But how are you going to get back!

Tow the car with the snow scooter! :drive

Eric
23-12-2010, 01:11 PM
But how are you going to get back!

Tow the car with the snow scooter! :drive

At least the car has heated seats......but it is indeed a problem to get the car back with these road conditions...last week there were more than 800 km of cars waiting to get home because of the snow....
Option is to buy it and collect it later....

precious metal
23-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Hi

we sold this car to davey13 a couple of yrs ago, took in PX his ZT190+. it was a lovely car then, good colour, and good history. it had belonged to an MG enthusiast in Surrey before. not seen it since 2008. very surprised he got rid of it

regards

James

Keith
23-12-2010, 09:55 PM
The add certainly makes the car sound good
I guess Eric if you fancy a dark Blue one you won't find many about so you owe yourself at least having a look.

I lurked here for ages waiting for my second one to call to me!
I really did not want Black or Grey which is typically what you always find for sale.

I very nearly went for the Safron one but I am glad I waited for the one I have now.

Eric
25-12-2010, 01:23 AM
I pm'd the seller about the car. Big problem is that there is to much snow fallen to drive to the UK to see this car or even fly.. I hope it will be better next week and than I try to visit the seller. As I said it looks very nice and the more I look at the Mk 1's the more I like them..

colintf
27-12-2010, 06:32 PM
I pm'd the seller about the car. Big problem is that there is to much snow fallen to drive to the UK to see this car or even fly.. I hope it will be better next week and than I try to visit the seller. As I said it looks very nice and the more I look at the Mk 1's the more I like them..

snow clearing here now. Good luck :thumb

Eric
28-12-2010, 12:45 PM
snow clearing here now. Good luck :thumb

Have not heard from him yet; hope he will reply soon.
Have alreading called the bank and taken a few days off the first week in January :)

Coasting
28-12-2010, 12:49 PM
It does look very nice that one good luck with it.

colintf
28-12-2010, 01:54 PM

whereabouts in Holland are you??

Eric
28-12-2010, 09:35 PM
whereabouts in Holland are you??

I live in a small town in the province Friesland in the north of Holland. Thats about 120 miles north of Amsterdam.
Does anyone knows the company who is selling #170?

Merl
28-12-2010, 10:58 PM
I live in a small town in the province Friesland in the north of Holland. Thats about 120 miles north of Amsterdam.

Don't know the company sorry and not going to be able to get over that way to check it out either :( though might be tempted to see if they would swap it for mine if i did!
I do know the area a little bit where you are from and we were over near there with the V8's last year! Well it was more Flevoland and a drive over the Houtribdijk! Very nice area where you live as spent a week on holiday there about 5 years back :)

colintf
29-12-2010, 02:05 PM

I wonder how far that is from Coen? (CDE453 on here) ??????

Have you stumbled accross these Dutch / Belgian MG enthusiasts http://www.mgf-tf.com/phpBB2/index.php ?? mgf.be

Merl
29-12-2010, 02:31 PM
I wonder how far that is from Coen? (CDE453 on here) ??????

I would say about an hour and a half to 2 hours as Coen lives near Utrecht.

Eric
29-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Coen is from Houten and Merl is right: about 2 hours from where I live.
Got a reply from the seller of #170. He sticks very near to the price of GBP 7450. Strangely the car is GBP 7250 on their website.
Think I make him an offer but what would be realistic :confused:..? (any advice is welcome).

Merl
29-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Coen is from Houten and Merl is right: about 2 hours from where I live.
Got a reply from the seller of #170. He sticks very near to the price of GBP 7450. Strangely the car is GBP 7250 on their website.
Think I make him an offer but what would be realistic :confused:..? (any advice is welcome).

Yup thats the place!

Hmm dealers are very strange people especially when it comes down to prices!
I paid £6300 for mine from a private seller and is a mkI but in XPG so you could say the Blue might increase the price slightly but it really depends on what colour you want and if it must be Royal Blue how much you are willing to pay! Prices vary so much on our cars :/

It does look a very good example and I would be tempted by it myself. Oh it also has the Accufab Throttle body fitted which I think is about £400?

Ohh and might be more on ebay to cover fees?

Might be best to hear back from some of our garage owning members but I would say £7000 and let them know you are looking at others! Looks like James at elite has an XPG one onn at 6995 oh wait no vat but has a warranty...

Private sale for a silver one at £5,795 with 49k and there is one with 100k on the clock for £4750 and the mustang engine should be good for another 100k at least prob another 200k though the clutch....

Probably didn't help at all sorry :(

I think I would pay £7k for her but then I have seen similar ones for less just depends what colour you want and how long you want to wait... and if prices start going up again...

colintf
30-12-2010, 01:36 PM
7250 on their website. I would happily pay 7000 but would be even happier with 6750.

What sort of warranty / MOT / Roadtax is with it?

colintf
30-12-2010, 01:41 PM
if it helps, 883 V8's were made, of which I believe 23 were Royal Blue in colour (5 prefacelift all saloons and 18 facelifted, of which 8 saloons) so it's not as rare as the seller is making out ?

Coasting
30-12-2010, 01:45 PM
It is one of five, that is pretty rare I guess, but not unique...

colintf
30-12-2010, 01:51 PM
It is one of five, that is pretty rare I guess, but not unique...

When the seller tells you its very rare, do you tell the seller its one of 5 or one of 23 ?????

Merl
30-12-2010, 02:10 PM
If the seller was one of us 5 but with him prob not knowing then 23. About 3.5%? If 23. Though I prefer the mkI so to me its 5 so quite a bit rarer but its no Orange...

Eric
30-12-2010, 06:08 PM
For me it not that important which colour it is. I saw a Royal Blue Rover V8 and I think it suits te model very well. More important to me is that it is a car with good history and with al the goodies from the cataloque.
I think that this one has all that and the latest news......:D....I made a deposit and fly over next week to see the car!!! Hopefully I will drive it back to Holland next week...
Let you know asap if the deal is closed....For know...there is a very happy man in Holland :D:D:D.....

colintf
30-12-2010, 07:10 PM
For me it not that important which colour it is. I saw a Royal Blue Rover V8 and I think it suits te model very well. More important to me is that it is a car with good history and with al the goodies from the cataloque.
I think that this one has all that and the latest news......:D....I made a deposit and fly over next week to see the car!!! Hopefully I will drive it back to Holland next week...
Let you know asap if the deal is closed....For know...there is a very happy man in Holland :D:D:D.....

great news Eric - well done!!!

maybe we see you at Spa in June, or Germany in September - unless you bring her back to the UK for an event???

Coasting
30-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Well done and congrats, defininatly looks the biz, I would have been interested in that if it had come up a couple of months ago...

:cflag

Merl
30-12-2010, 07:46 PM

Lekker!! My dutch is too rusty and thats about as much as I remember... well except lekker kontje ;) works in belgium too but they say it a bit different :~

What day are you flying over on? I have tuesday off work but as habit goes my cars are both in the shop so have no transport or would of offered to meet up with you if you were here by then or later in the week.

Eric
31-12-2010, 02:57 PM
:D..booked a flight next wednesday to see and hopefully buy the car in Sheffield...

damienp
31-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Did someone say sheffield - im stuck at work at the moment and cant see the links - can we have a picture of it please :)
What's the dealers name?

colintf
31-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Did someone say sheffield - im stuck at work at the moment and cant see the links - can we have a picture of it please :)
What's the dealers name?

from post #2 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-MG-ZT-MGZT-4-6-V8-260-SE-Immacualte-Throughout-/280606745876?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4155772514

Coasting
31-12-2010, 06:26 PM
I think the works computer is not allowing the opening of links to Flea Bay!

:~

colintf
31-12-2010, 06:32 PM
try http://web.me.com/ryancarlonelson/Site/STOCKLIST_2.html

Eric
03-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Will fly to Sheffield to see the car on wednesday.....maybe I need a good pub to celebrate the ownership of a 260 :D...any suggestions...?

JulesV
03-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Good Luck from another Royal Blue owner!

Herman
03-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Will fly to Sheffield to see the car on wednesday.....maybe I need a good pub to celebrate the ownership of a 260 :D...any suggestions...?

Well, you can try the Red Lion Inn, close to Sheffield.
Oh and while you're there don't forget to visit Meadowhall

Hopelijk gaat alles goed an heb je een V8 mee naar Nederland,
Volgens mij is Coen in Blaricum en niet in Utrecht.
Friesland..............mijn ex woont in Friesland:mad:

And to all, apologies for the Dutch but I just couldn't resist:D

Merl
03-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Cool eric! I am back in work and carless otherwise I would of come up and met you!

Well, you can try the Red Lion Inn, close to Sheffield.
Oh and while you're there don't forget to visit Meadowhall

Hopelijk gaat alles goed an heb je een V8 mee naar Nederland,
Volgens mij is Coen in Blaricum en niet in Utrecht.
Friesland..............mijn ex woont in Friesland:mad:

And to all, apologies for the Dutch but I just couldn't resist:D

Why do people keep mentioning Meadowhall?

Fingers crossed for you with it and I said Near Utrecht :p

Was about to say mine is in Flevoland but she moved to UK after we broke up hoping to get back together but it wasn't meant to be! Sorry to hear about yours :(

I can read dutch but can't write it and can only pronounce it properly when being strangled lol.

Herman
03-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Cool eric! I am back in work and carless otherwise I would of come up and met you!

Why do people keep mentioning Meadowhall?

Fingers crossed for you with it and I said Near Utrecht :p

Was about to say mine is in Flevoland but she moved to UK after we broke up hoping to get back together but it wasn't meant to be! Sorry to hear about yours :(

I can read dutch but can't write it and can only pronounce it properly when being strangled lol.

Meadowhall is a once in a life time experience. Once there......never again

Near Utrecht is almost everywhere in the Netherlands:~

Strangled to speak Dutch.....remind me to get my hands around your throat when we catch up and we can have a conversation:D

Born Dutch and only moved to the UK 5 years ago................seems I got the advantage when it comes to writing........:ash:D

Merl
03-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Meadowhall is a once in a life time experience. Once there......never again

Near Utrecht is almost everywhere in the Netherlands:~

Strangled to speak Dutch.....remind me to get my hands around your throat when we catch up and we can have a conversation:D

Is it that bad? lol can't be an worse than zoetermeer!

Oh dear.. well I guess it is near Amersfoort at the centre but now we said that you will haved the Aussies telling us to stop complaining and that Dreadnought it down the road from Birmingham :p so getting that supercharger should be a doddle ;)

Well it also works when I have a mouth full of frikendellen! and I can't even remember how to say I would liked to be served by the waitress in the short skirt! :(

Eric
03-01-2011, 10:30 PM
He Herman,
Grappig om op deze site nederlands te lezen :thumb, (translate: funny to read dutch on this site)...Iedereen hier verklaart me gek om iets engels te kopen maar zoals het de nederlanders betaamt.."wat de boer niet kent..."
Ga jullie laten weten of de deal woensdag lukt...:D

Eric
03-01-2011, 10:38 PM
btw..what's meadowhall:confused:

Herman
03-01-2011, 10:38 PM
He Herman,
Grappig om op deze site nederlands te lezen :thumb, (translate: funny to read dutch on this site)...Iedereen hier verklaart me gek om iets engels te kopen maar zoals het de nederlanders betaamt.."wat de boer niet kent..."
Ga jullie laten weten of de deal woensdag lukt...:D

If you have some time to spare, drive down to Swindon and we can have a drink.

En...Wat de boer niet kent dat eet ie niet:)

And to Merl.....I was born in Amersfoort, nice to see people know the place. Actually it is the geographical centre of the Netherlands with a plate in the church to mark it:D

Herman
03-01-2011, 10:42 PM
btw..what's meadowhall:confused:

Meadowhall is a bit like Hoog Catharijne.............

Best avoided:)

Eric
03-01-2011, 11:12 PM
I come to the UK twice a year at least so a visit must be possible. When I buy the car on wednesday I have to drive almost 1000 km back on Tuesday:D.. can't be a bad thing in a 260...
Problem is I 've got to little time to visit other member of this forum....:(..but I will be back in may for sure to visit Beaulieu... and will be 'green' here so I know where you all are....

Eric
03-01-2011, 11:17 PM
..and to Vmx1000..the new forest is not to far from Swindon so if you give me a tel# by the time I be there (May) ..

Flying Silver
04-01-2011, 09:28 AM

...otherwise termed "Meadow-Hell"

Out of interest, what is the female membership of this forum - having potentially offended the shopping mecca of Yorkshire!

colintf
04-01-2011, 12:41 PM
I come to the UK twice a year at least so a visit must be possible. When I buy the car on wednesday I have to drive almost 1000 km back on Tuesday:D.. can't be a bad thing in a 260...
Problem is I 've got to little time to visit other member of this forum....:(..but I will be back in may for sure to visit Beaulieu... and will be 'green' here so I know where you all are....

sounds like the makings of a mini 260's meet then Eric :thumb

Merl
04-01-2011, 04:43 PM

Ohh it is a shopping mall, never liked Hoog Catharijne..... Did have a nice Warme chocomelk met slagroom there.... Excuse my dutch spelling if any of it's wrong!

Merl
04-01-2011, 04:49 PM
If you have some time to spare, drive down to Swindon and we can have a drink.

And to Merl.....I was born in Amersfoort, nice to see people know the place. Actually it is the geographical centre of the Netherlands with a plate in the church to mark it:D

I got my 75 cdti from a former 260 owner in Swindon!

My girlfriend when to the tech school there! so spent many an afternoon there. Oh and the Cinema, still love the fact they have adverts and you can buy beer in the cinema to take into the film! :D though if it is a long film a second or 3rd beer in the advert is not a good idea ;)

It is amazing that when they measured the centre of holland and built the church there with the plaque all those years ago that they were only a few meters or so out! Can't remember the exact distance they were out but quite remarkable :)

Merl
04-01-2011, 04:55 PM

Well I did the drive over to Zeewolde in a 260 from here in Cheshire and enjoyed the drive, got the ferry from Harwich to Rotterdam though a bit dearer but the 7hr rest was nice :) if you are going that way the distance you are doing isn't much longer!

We were lucky and had Coen meet us as a surprise at the port :) I still remember coens words to StuC and I "I dont know how fast you guys go but I don't go over the speed limit" next minute what we were doing while following him past a police car on the motorway....

If I get one of my cars back in time I don't mind driving up or down if there is a mini meet somewhere :)

Herman
04-01-2011, 08:00 PM
I got my 75 cdti from a former 260 owner in Swindon!

My girlfriend when to the tech school there! so spent many an afternoon there. Oh and the Cinema, still love the fact they have adverts and you can buy beer in the cinema to take into the film! :D though if it is a long film a second or 3rd beer in the advert is not a good idea ;)

It is amazing that when they measured the centre of holland and built the church there with the plaque all those years ago that they were only a few meters or so out! Can't remember the exact distance they were out but quite remarkable :)

I went to the tech-school or MTS as it was called as well, Don't want to remember how many moons ago that was:ash

And the good old Grand Cinema..........brilliant

Think they compromised in the center as otherwise it would be in the river Eems (or Amer) hence the name Amersfoort
(fortress on the Amer)

V8NDV
05-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Good look with your visit to view and hopefully buy the car. If this one leaves the country how many Royal Blue 260s are left in the UK?.

Which route are you taking back to Friesland, going Via Harwich to the Hook?

Regards Nick de-Vries.

Eric
07-01-2011, 08:06 PM
And now ladies & gentlemen.....:D:D...yes....#170 is now standing in my garage!!!! Drove it back home yesterday. Was a long but very!!! nice trip! I now know that queues are nice when you're sitting in a 260...and driving it is surely something special.
The car is excellent!! The seller was :thumb..and the car is indeed very good. Colour suits the car very well and can't find anything that doesn't work or looks bad.. Interior is like new...
I can go on like this a few hours...I am very happy to own this car!!!~JJ~...

NB. Please sent me the questionaire :confused: ....haven't received one but I want my name in green.....!!!

spartacus
07-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Well done chap - welcome to hell (only joking :p)

Herman
07-01-2011, 08:18 PM
And now ladies & gentlemen.....:D:D...yes....#170 is now standing in my garage!!!! ..................Colour suits the car very well and can't find anything that doesn't work or looks bad.. Interior is like new...

NB. Please sent me the questionaire :confused: ....haven't received one but I want my name in green.....!!!

Welcome...............and watch the fuel gauge. I think mine is faulty. Goes from full to empty in about a day:D

Tim
07-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Welcome and well done!

You would have had a link to it when registering. If you still have a problem drop an e-mail.

And now ladies & gentlemen.....:D:D...yes....#170 is now standing in my garage!!!! Drove it back home yesterday. Was a long but very!!! nice trip! I now know that queues are nice when you're sitting in a 260...and driving it is surely something special.
The car is excellent!! The seller was :thumb..and the car is indeed very good. Colour suits the car very well and can't find anything that doesn't work or looks bad.. Interior is like new...

ksilver
07-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Congratulations. :drive

Get your questionnaire back to Tim to get access to the full site.

colintf
07-01-2011, 08:33 PM

well done Eric. That is great news!

Merl
07-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Congratulations Eric!

Don't forget to check our events page as we have a couple of european trips planned ;)

Eric
08-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Haven't got one when registering so can anyone send me a questionaire?
I want to be green :D !!

Tim
08-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Sent it to you yesterday Eric.

Haven't got one when registering so can anyone send me a questionaire?
I want to be green :D !!

obiwan
08-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Damn that's nice. Congrats.

Eric
08-01-2011, 05:21 PM
to Tim, I must be a dummy but where did you send it to? Can't find it in my inbox or in my PM box on this site. :confused:

Merl
08-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Have you checked your spam/junk folder?

Tim
08-01-2011, 06:02 PM
cabrio60 at live.nl

to Tim, I must be a dummy but where did you send it to? Can't find it in my inbox or in my PM box on this site. :confused:

Blue Flash
08-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Welcome to the club!!!!!

Eric
09-01-2011, 06:22 PM
:D Have send the questionnaire back to you Tim. Was the one I got when registering here in november.Found it 'somewhere' in my computer... For some reason :confused::confused: I didn't received the one you send yesterday (email is correct and it's not in the junkmail).

Tim
09-01-2011, 08:16 PM
No matter. :)

Hay everybody Eric is GREEN

:D Have send the questionnaire back to you Tim. Was the one I got when registering here in november.Found it 'somewhere' in my computer... For some reason :confused::confused: I didn't received the one you send yesterday (email is correct and it's not in the junkmail).

colintf
09-01-2011, 09:00 PM

good to see you green Eric.

Now, what events are you going to join us at (see https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/forumdisplay.php?f=155 ) :)

ColinE
09-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Hope you have found the shop (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/forumdisplay.php?f=121) by now

Eric
10-01-2011, 12:08 AM
:D green means a lot of reading.. don't know yet which event I will visit but surely be on one of them. I am planning to come over to GB in May for a short holiday with my son. Would be nice to meet with other members then.
Already had great reactions from people here about my car:applause! I have given myself a great birthday present (next wednesday)!!!

The trip back home was a long one...20 hours due to traffic and ferry delay but I enjoyed driving the car back home. I will trying to upload some photo's soon.

colintf
10-01-2011, 12:41 PM
:D green means a lot of reading.. don't know yet which event I will visit but surely be on one of them. I am planning to come over to GB in May for a short holiday with my son. Would be nice to meet with other members then.
Already had great reactions from people here about my car:applause! I have given myself a great birthday present (next wednesday)!!!

The trip back home was a long one...20 hours due to traffic and ferry delay but I enjoyed driving the car back home. I will trying to upload some photo's soon.

lets us know when, and we will see what can be arranged Eric!!

AndyG
10-01-2011, 06:21 PM
:D .

WELCOME :)

Now you are GREEN:

(Lists of your brothers and sisters)

List of 001 to 883: (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=5539)

Estates: (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=5493)

Supercharged Cars: (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=5460)

Locations: (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=7079)

Car Names: (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=7128)

Rolling Road Results: (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=7475)

The SHOP: (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)