PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet release cables

ian w
19-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Hi, Does anyone know where I can get hold of a new set of Bonnet release cable's? I have tried Rimmers but they are on back order.

Regards Ian

ColinE
19-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Typically their website states in stock

Try here

http://www.thepart.com/

Which of the cables are you looking for

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID004306

ian w
19-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Colin
They must have just come in as when I checked on Thursday night they showed as on back order. cheers will order them now.
unfortunatly still have not got the Bonnet open on the CDTI as the cable snapped rigt at the nipple so just getting the spares together that I will need before I have to resort to extreme measures.

regards Iam

arfmg
20-12-2010, 06:06 AM
Tim has info on hows to get bonnet open. PM him.

Cheers

ian w
20-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Already had that discussion but unfortunatly does not apply in my case at it relies an some of the inner cable remaining in place which unfortunatly I dont have.

Ian

ian w
01-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Already had that discussion but unfortunatly does not apply in my case at it relies an some of the inner cable remaining in place which unfortunatly I dont have.

Ian

Good news. My local MG/rover mechanic has shown me how to get the bonnet open even when the cable has snapped off right at the nipple at the bonnet catch latch end. I had thought i was going to have to resort to drastic measures but took him 2 minutes. i wont disclose how but if any one has the same troublr drop me a PM and i will try to explain.

regards Ian

Tim
01-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Good news Ian. Could you write a little note for me please and I'll save it in the club knowledge vault for the next person to have the problem you had. :D

Good news. My local MG/rover mechanic has shown me how to get the bonnet open even when the cable has snapped off right at the nipple at the bonnet catch latch end. I had thought i was going to have to resort to drastic measures but took him 2 minutes. i wont disclose how but if any one has the same troublr drop me a PM and i will try to explain.

regards Ian

ian w
01-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Good news Ian. Could you write a little note for me please and I'll save it in the club knowledge vault for the next person to have the problem you had. :D

Tim i will do. I will put together a page with some pictures over the next week depending on weather and send it.

Regards Ian