PDA

View Full Version : Pattern Front Wings

torque2me
13-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Hello,

I need to get my vehicle back on the road after a love fest with a Lexus.

The repair centre is still awaiting an n/s head light assembly and a front n/s wing. I presume they are going through x-part and that the item is coming from China.

Searching on e-bay produces availability of part number ASB500030 as a pattern part. I think they are sourced by Imperial Car Parts but are available from Crash Repair parts and KAT Motorsport in Doncaster.

Has anyone used said pattern part as I need to make a decision now to enable me to have the car for the christmas period?

regards,

Kev

tonybubble
13-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Kev, I think that John Wilcox of A E Wilcox, Wickwar has a new wing - might also have a headlight - Tel 01454 294213. Regards, Tony.

ian w
13-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Kev
if possible try to avoid using pattern body panels, i used to work in the trade and normal expectation is that the material is poorgrade and susceptable to corrosion also generally they do not fit as well and will need a bit of adjustment, there should be new ones still available and failing that i would go for a second hand original rather than a pattern panel.

Hello,

I need to get my vehicle back on the road after a love fest with a Lexus.

The repair centre is still awaiting an n/s head light assembly and a front n/s wing. I presume they are going through x-part and that the item is coming from China.

Searching on e-bay produces availability of part number ASB500030 as a pattern part. I think they are sourced by Imperial Car Parts but are available from Crash Repair parts and KAT Motorsport in Doncaster.

Has anyone used said pattern part as I need to make a decision now to enable me to have the car for the christmas period?

regards,

Kev

torque2me
14-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Tony,

I shall certainly contact him. Thanks for the heads up.

Ian,

As for not using pattern parts - I would normally be 100% in agreement. However, needs must. The car has been in the repairers for 7 weeks now. They cannot give me a date when the wing and xeon headlight assembly will arrive from China. The wing fixing strip (cosmetic) is scheduled for February 2011. Therefore you can see my dilemma. I need the vehicle over the Christmas period. The pattern part is insurer approved and the insurer has now given the go ahead to use it in view of the timescale and delay involved. I have insisted that the genuine Rover item is used when it arrives.

Thanks,

Kev

Blue Flash
14-12-2010, 06:32 PM
What's happened to your car Kev..... did the Lexus hit you?.

Keith
14-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Xenon from China
I will be surprised if its lens etc matches the one on the other side assuming it even has the same connector

i too would go for a 2nd hand wing rather than a pattern - plenty at Rover Breakers and they can probably do you a Xenon as well

torque2me
15-12-2010, 01:59 PM
What's happened to your car Kev..... did the Lexus hit you?.

Yeah, skidded from the outside lane into me (diesel fuel on the road). He couldn't undertand why I was not a happy bunny ;-( I knew as soon as I pulled up and checked the damage that I would be in for a load of grief.

He's taken delivery of a new VW Golf in November - I'm still awaiting for my vehicle. Just knew it; my water sounding is rarely wrong.

Cheers,

Kev

torque2me
15-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Xenon from China
I will be surprised if its lens etc matches the one on the other side assuming it even has the same connector

i too would go for a 2nd hand wing rather than a pattern - plenty at Rover Breakers and they can probably do you a Xenon as well

Keith,

I haven't given up hope of receiving a genuine front wing from the offical channel. Of course grade of steel is another matter. China usually has more up-to-date plant than we have in the UK - it's not like thirty years ago when a european manufacturer sold the tooling and rights to an east european or far east manufacturer. They now get the latest stuff in.

No problem getting a s/h front wing in from a breakers - it's the xeon light that is causing head scratching. Using the breakers nationwide "find-a-part" system has given nil results. A bit like the euro song contest. One has to remember that a limited number of MkII 260's were fitted with xeon's by the factory as standard (probably last quarter 2004 and all 2005). So, not only is it a quandry for me but anyone else who might suffer damage to lighting.

Don't suppose you know who the manufacturer is or what the offical channel supplier's stance is on out of stock on small number vehicle production?

regards,

Kev

spartacus
16-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Where Xenons specific to the 260 then, or should you just be searching for a ZT one?

greeners
17-12-2010, 01:26 AM
Where Xenons specific to the 260 then, or should you just be searching for a ZT one?

Available on all 75 & zt models at extra cost

scooter
18-12-2010, 11:39 AM
What side of headlamp is required ?

ColinE
18-12-2010, 11:55 AM
The repair centre is still awaiting an n/s head light assembly and a front n/s wing

Hi Brian

He's after a n/s unit

Cheers

Colin

torque2me
21-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Xenon from China

Keith,

I've had a reply from CAT (X-Part) re the Xeon (as that is the only part I queried as it has more importance at present).

The original part was made by Hella of Banbury. The tooling was sold to China but they are not making a E spec lens. They say they are looking into alternatives but I would have thought that asking the Chinese manufacturer to produce a batch(es) of E spec lens might be easier. Of course if the have scrapped that part of the tooling regarding the correct lens then that is a slightly different matter. One would have to know the full story and extent to base a line of action on.

I'm not going to be holding my breath on the issue but if perhaps Forum members fill out a parts request for XBC002810 then CAT might stir itself.

regards,

Kev