PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me locate a MkI SE in Trophy Blue?

Exile_Brummie
06-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Hi Everyone, I've been a member since July, but this is my first post. I'm looking for a Mk I SE in Trophy Blue (they seem as rare as Rocking Horse pooh!). I currently have a Mk I 190+ in same colour which I love, but now desperately want to acquire a 'big sister' V8.

I'm not a DIYer, so all maintenance would need to be professionally done. I'm located in Oxfordshire, so any help locating an honest, reliable service outlet would also be welcome (so I'm ready as soon as my V8 baby arrives).

There are some magnificent examples on this great website. I hope I can become a full & proper member soon.

greeners
06-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Shame....my MKI is starlight silver, but TB is a lovely colour.

tonybubble
06-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Certainly Trophy Blue is a very very rare V8 colour. One club member certainly has one, but sadly (from your point of view) I don't think he's selling!

colintf
06-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Hi Everyone, I've been a member since July, but this is my first post. I'm looking for a Mk I SE in Trophy Blue (they seem as rare as Rocking Horse pooh!). I currently have a Mk I 190+ in same colour which I love, but now desperately want to acquire a 'big sister' V8.

I'm not a DIYer, so all maintenance would need to be professionally done. I'm located in Oxfordshire, so any help locating an honest, reliable service outlet would also be welcome (so I'm ready as soon as my V8 baby arrives).

There are some magnificent examples on this great website. I hope I can become a full & proper member soon.

Hi and welcome!

I believe 15 or more were made in this colour, so it's just a waiting game!!

As for looking after it, there's AE Wilcox at Wickwar Near Bristol that look after several and it's also worth driving to Nick up at Austin Garages (who owns a V8 ZTT and is also a member on here), no doubt others can make other suggestions for you.

:cool:

John Newey
06-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Hi Exile Brummie, I know there is the odd Trophy Blue MG ZT 260 around, but I don't recall seeing one for sale recently (?), however, if you do change your mind and fancy a change, then I have a lovely show winning MG ZT 260 SE MkII in Poseidon Chromeactive for sale at £8400. Let me know if you're interested. Know you'll lurve whichever V8 you buy:D!!

ksilver
07-12-2010, 09:45 AM
There was one on Ebay(?) not long ago (with unusual wheels) and there was one with some minor damage on copart.

Keep watching the usual places, ebay, Autotrader and Pistonheads, you never know.

But go and drive one, after the first toe-in-the-water, colour doesn't become an issue!! :drive

reverie158
07-12-2010, 11:33 AM
There's one tucked up in my garage, but sorry, it's not for sale :)

I've seen at least two others though, so you never know, keep looking!

Cheers,

Justin

V8 Novi
08-12-2010, 02:58 PM

You have a Private Message. ;)

V8 Novi
09-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Ok, maybe as a newbie you don't know about private messages (PMs)..?

Top right of the screen, click on "Private Messages"

Anyway the bottom line is that 077 will shortly be for sale. PM me if you're interested and I''ll reply with contact info.
(Not good policy to put phone numbers or email addresses on the forum, you see).

Colin S.

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1432&stc=1&d=1291922583

Herman
09-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Ok, maybe as a newbie you don't know about private messages (PMs)..?

Top right of the screen, click on "Private Messages"

Anyway the bottom line is that 077 will shortly be for sale. PM me if you're interested and I''ll reply with contact info.
(Not good policy to put phone numbers or email addresses on the forum, you see).

Colin S.

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1432&stc=1&d=1291922583

What's the reason you're selling my big sister (I'm #076) if I may ask??:)

colintf
09-12-2010, 07:34 PM
and very nice #77 looks :thumb

Exile_Brummie
10-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks to everyone for the advice, and also for welcoming me to the forum, despite not being a full member yet. This has only made me even more determined to acquire the elusive TB Mk I. Knowing how rare these beauties are, I will consider myself very privileged (and fortunate) when I do finally get behind the wheel of my own V8.

Nice comment from ksilver about colour not being an issue once you've driven one. Starting to drool at the thought...

TC

Coasting
10-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Are you buying no 77?!

:)

V8 Novi
10-12-2010, 04:17 PM
What's the reason you're selling my big sister (I'm #076) if I may ask??:)

Hi Herman, trust you are well.

Couple of reasons really, firstly getting the big new house sorted out is costing rather more than we anticipated (for example have you SEEN the price of bl**dy curtains?!) so need to realise some cash.

Now we've moved to the Suffolk/Norfolk border it's hard to do her justice. There are few decent roads around here. We're in the middle of the sugar beet harvest at the moment and it's impossible to keep a car clean. So I'm using the 4X4 all the time.

If I was a bit younger I'd salt her away somewhere, they'll be very collectable in years to come. But at 66, what's the point?

So, sadly she's got to go...

(Mind you, I drove her to Cambridge today and nearly changed my mind...)

ksilver
10-12-2010, 04:21 PM
(Mind you, I drove her to Cambridge today and nearly changed my mind...)

By the time you drive back you'll be reconverted :~

colintf
10-12-2010, 05:49 PM
looks like it could be going to another enthusiast :)

Ken B
15-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Just been on pistonheads and counted 10 260's for sale sadly none in Trophy Blue, like mine.:D
Ken...
Good luck with your quest, you wont be disapointed.

lowey260
18-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Look what I've just seen come up for sale on Autotrader:D:D and the dealer is in Swindon so not a million miles away from Oxfordshire either, must be meant for you!!! BE QUICK

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201050375473721/sort/priceasc/usedcars/engine-size-cars/4l_to_4-9l/make/mg/radius/1500/postcode/b323uw/page/1?logcode=p

Bainzi
18-12-2010, 07:34 PM
I wonder if this is the one that was on copart for sale a few months ago?

greeners
18-12-2010, 11:38 PM
I wonder if this is the one that was on copart for sale a few months ago?

No, that was No 69 (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=6338&highlight=copart)

Exile_Brummie
29-12-2010, 12:21 PM
I can now reveal that I've done a deal with V8 Novi, and am now the proud owner of VIN #77. Colin kindly delivered her this morning. Many thanks to all of you that offered advice, and pointed out a couple of Mk Is for sale. I really appreciate al responses. This has been a surprise Christmas present to my wife (well, that's what I'm going to tell her anyway, but in reality, #77 is mine, all mine!), so I've not been able to post anything on two-sixties until now.

My greatful thanks to V8 Novi - a real gent, and a credit to 260 owners.

I'm now looking forward to enjoying our new big sister to the fabulous Trophy Blue Mk I 190+ we already have. I can just see the pair of them parked side by side now...

Will my two-sixties membership be updated to reflect my new status please? I look forward to regular postings, and to meeting some of you at forthcoming MG events next year.

Coasting
29-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Congratulations,

Get some pictures up even though we know which one it is! :D

colintf
29-12-2010, 01:58 PM
congratulations and well done :thumb

AndyG
29-12-2010, 02:16 PM
I can now reveal that I've done a deal with V8 Novi, and am now the proud owner of VIN #77.

Will my two-sixties membership be updated to reflect my new status please? .

When you're Green you can access this lot:

(Lists of your brothers and sisters)

List of 001 to 883: (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=5539) (I have added your name here)

Estates: (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=5493)

Supercharged Cars: (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=5460)

Locations: (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=7079)

Car Names: (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=7128)

Rolling Road Results: (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?t=7475)

The SHOP: (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)

Welcome :)

ColinE
29-12-2010, 03:47 PM
When you initially registered you should have received a Questionnaire from Tim, get this completed and returned to him and he'll update your status.

If you can't find it I'm sure he'll send another one over to you

Well done and welcome!

Tim
29-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Well done and as Colin said lets have the questionnaire back and all will be greeness. :applause:1:toast

I can now reveal that I've done a deal with V8 Novi, and am now the proud owner of VIN #77. Colin kindly delivered her this morning. Many thanks to all of you that offered advice, and pointed out a couple of Mk Is for sale. I really appreciate al responses. This has been a surprise Christmas present to my wife (well, that's what I'm going to tell her anyway, but in reality, #77 is mine, all mine!), so I've not been able to post anything on two-sixties until now.

My greatful thanks to V8 Novi - a real gent, and a credit to 260 owners.

I'm now looking forward to enjoying our new big sister to the fabulous Trophy Blue Mk I 190+ we already have. I can just see the pair of them parked side by side now...

Will my two-sixties membership be updated to reflect my new status please? I look forward to regular postings, and to meeting some of you at forthcoming MG events next year.

ksilver
29-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Enjoy :drive :wave

tonybubble
29-12-2010, 05:16 PM

Well done, Tony. Your first post did the trick - excellent news.

Merl
29-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Cool :) Welcome aboard and in this case turning green is a good thing! hmm may of answered my own question in another thread when I wondered why we said welcome aboard!!

Blue Flash
29-12-2010, 05:36 PM
May I congratulate you on your excellent choice of colour Tony, obviously a "Man with Impeccable Taste and Style"

lowey260
29-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Congratulations:D:D

John Newey
29-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Hey, all along you were telling us that Trophy Blue was the best colour, what you really meant was you were trying to save on touch up paint:D!! Welcome

black olive
29-12-2010, 08:56 PM
superb news- welcome

dobbo
29-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Welcome to massive smiles, great times, and anus puckering fuel bills.

I've heard blue ones are like the grey ones but slower - I'm sure you'll love it!

;)

ColinE
29-12-2010, 10:22 PM
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,anus puckering fuel bills,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,;)

Sums it up quite nicely

Merl
29-12-2010, 10:25 PM
anus puckering fuel bills.

;)

Sums it up quite nicely

Ahhh so that is how you are managing to keep yours colin!! you don't need toilet paper anymore... :~

Blue Flash
30-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Welcome to massive smiles, great times, and anus puckering fuel bills.

I've heard blue ones are like the grey ones but slower - I'm sure you'll love it!

;)

Rumour has it of a couple of Blue ones up in the W Yorkshire region that are fairly "Wick" :fhg

Exile_Brummie
31-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Tony gave me access to the site so I could see the trail in acquiring our beautiful new V8. For some reason he seems to think she is his, have I got some bad news for him. The 190+ is mine too ............. Whoever thinks blue is slow hasn't seen me drive :-) Lin

Tim
31-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Must be nice to have the two of you having a passion for the same cars, my wife thinks I'm stange. I keep moaning about how she treats her car. :)

You can have your own access Lin if you want.

Tony gave me access to the site so I could see the trail in acquiring our beautiful new V8. For some reason he seems to think she is his, have I got some bad news for him. The 190+ is mine too ............. Whoever thinks blue is slow hasn't seen me drive :-) Lin