PDA

View Full Version : harmon kardon wiring loom

LINDEN CAHILL
16-10-2010, 07:13 PM
hi
urgently require the harmon kardon hi-line sat nav wiring harness,must be a saloon mk2 and in good original condition
thanks

spartacus
17-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Why is it urgent? And don't expect too much when you get one...

LINDEN CAHILL
17-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Why is it urgent? And don't expect too much when you get one...

its urgent because at the moment the carpet is out due to a coolant leak on the heater mixer valve but now i have repaired the leak the carpet is due back in,this would be the best time to fit the loom.
what do you mean dont expect much,the original loom looks quite comprehensive is the one i want a lesser item
thanks

greeners
17-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Linden

I assume you want the later one as it has the ISO connectors rather then the BMW17 pin connections.

2 options are

Buy an early one and get and adaptor off ebay to convert it.....

Or get hold of the connectors and splice them into the existing loom......(22 connections from memory)

spartacus
17-10-2010, 07:37 PM
I meant don't expect much because the sound still ain't brilliant - that's all...

LINDEN CAHILL
17-10-2010, 08:02 PM
I meant don't expect much because the sound still ain't brilliant - that's all...

hi
thats what bothers me,you go to all this and still might not get good results:confused:

colintf
17-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Nick at Austin garages demonstrated an early HK setup in a tourer, and it sounded great.

I believe later on there was some cost cutting made and the sound as a result was not as good as the earlier setups.

Hope you find it's worth the effort mate :thumb