PDA

View Full Version : Wanted ZT 260

cooky6660
14-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Hi im new to this site so please bare with me . Im looking for a immaculate 260. Can anyone tell me the advantages/ disadvantages with the mark1 and mark2's please, stuff to look out for.
To be honest id rather buy from someone off this site. Any info/ pics please contact me on cooky 21at hotmail.com
regards
cooky

spartacus
14-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Good idea to come here first - they come up reasonably regularly.

Mk1/2 argument is very subjective, but I think the Mk2 is much better (guess what I've got). Personal preference is all it boils down to...

I think you should define what you want by 'mint' - it might help.

Oh, don't put your email address in true form as you'll start getting spam - try using something like cooky21 at hotmail.com. Go on, change your last post now ;)

cooky6660
14-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Good idea to come here first - they come up reasonably regularly.

Mk1/2 argument is very subjective, but I think the Mk2 is much better (guess what I've got). Personal preference is all it boils down to...

I think you should define what you want by 'mint' - it might help.

Oh, don't put your email address in true form as you'll start getting spam - try using something like cooky21 at hotmail.com. Go on, change your last post now ;)

Thanks for putting me straight...............

black olive
14-10-2010, 10:44 PM
depends what you want, are you after plain and understated, or blingy chromactive.

John newey at summit garages has a nice poseidon one, one of the nicest chromactive colours.

only minor differences between mark 1 and 2, mark 2 has rough dash finish, mark 1 is smooth, mark 2 has traction control but its very crude.

all cars have minor niggles, all easily sortable, and if buying off someone on here should be sorted.

you can also get SE spec with all the toys, but the telly is analogue and the sat nav useless but can be updated, non SE which is lighter, or some models with some of the SE bits. where are you, Im sure someone local to you will give you a blast, let you look at their cars, view potential purchases, we are a helpful lot on here.

good luck, and start practising grinning as you will be doing a lot of it when you find the right car.

cooky6660
14-10-2010, 11:18 PM
depends what you want, are you after plain and understated, or blingy chromactive.

John newey at summit garages has a nice poseidon one, one of the nicest chromactive colours.

only minor differences between mark 1 and 2, mark 2 has rough dash finish, mark 1 is smooth, mark 2 has traction control but its very crude.

all cars have minor niggles, all easily sortable, and if buying off someone on here should be sorted.

you can also get SE spec with all the toys, but the telly is analogue and the sat nav useless but can be updated, non SE which is lighter, or some models with some of the SE bits. where are you, Im sure someone local to you will give you a blast, let you look at their cars, view potential purchases, we are a helpful lot on here.

good luck, and start practising grinning as you will be doing a lot of it when you find the right car.

Hey bud thanks alot, im in North Warwickshie not realy after the blingy thing, not my cup of tea!! I will just have to keep looking,
regards
cooky

greeners
15-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Cooky

My MKI is up for sale.....(I'm after a MKII).

There's an ad in the for sale section.

colintf
15-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Hi and welcome - good luck in the hunt :thumb

John Newey
15-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Hi Cooky, the MG ZT 260SE I have for sale is in Poseidon Chromeactive, however it is one of the more understated Chromeactive colours-there are some pics in the for sale section. As regards to "mint" this car won best modern MG saloon at the MG show at RAF Cosford in 2009. We are only in Dudley and so not a million miles from yourself. If you want to come and have a look, then give me a call on 01384 259555. I'm always glad to talk to fellow ZT 260 enthusiasts.

AndyG
15-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Hi Cooky, the MG ZT 260SE I have for sale is in Poseidon Chromeactive, however it is one of the more understated Chromeactive colours-there are some pics in the for sale section. As regards to "mint" this car won best modern MG saloon at the MG show at RAF Cosford in 2009. We are only in Dudley and so not a million miles from yourself. If you want to come and have a look, then give me a call on 01384 259555. I'm always glad to talk to fellow ZT 260 enthusiasts.

Good call.

cooky6660
15-10-2010, 07:57 PM

Thanks for letting me know about your car, im realy after a black or if im lucky? a red one. Can you tell me if theres anything to look out for regarding these motors?
regards
cooky:)

ColinE
15-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks for letting me know about your car, im realy after a black or if im lucky? a red one. Can you tell me if theres anything to look out for regarding these motors?
regards

Yep - the fuel bill

You'll want to drive it (and hear it) so much :D:D:~

black olive
15-10-2010, 11:48 PM
have a look here

http://www.spunagain.co.uk/ZT260page.html

tonybubble has a black beastie for sale

cooky6660
16-10-2010, 08:44 AM
have a look here

http://www.spunagain.co.uk/ZT260page.html

tonybubble has a black beastie for sale

Hey mate thanks alot for the link!! Excellent info
regards

John Newey
16-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Things to know/look out for. 1)Check heater hose has been replaced. 2)Fuel clip on fuel pump. 3)Back tyres every 6000 miles or so. 4)MPG-about 17 if you're lucky! 5)Other odd little quirks, but generally pretty sound motor and as others have said elsewhere, you'll want to drive with the stereo off and windows down to hear that V8 roar:D!!