PDA

View Full Version : Best Mods to start with

Stefano
25-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Please excuse these stupid messages but I'm new to the whole 260 thing.

I have come to it late in life (mid fifties) having had several performance cars in last 5 years inc, Audi TT mk1 and 2, Audi S4, Brabus roadster, MGB V8 to name some.

I now have a brand new Mark 2 TT and an immaculate standard 2004 SE saloon vin number #155 in Mirage blue with 30000 miles on the clock and blimey! - its a great car.

I ahve just put a set of new boots on it (Continental M3 Contissports) What are sensible mods I should be thinking of starting with? I am considering xpower rear boxes and a performance air filter either a K&N or Piper Cross. I run all my cars on Shell V Power.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks

tonybubble
25-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Supercharger!! :D:D

colintf
25-09-2010, 08:08 PM
so you bought #155 good man! i hope that you are happy with it.

XPower exhausts
Accufab throttle body or if you can afford it the Blower from Dreadnought.

I would also check to see that you ahve the orange fuel clip and the Two-Sixties uprated heater hose fitted.

Also worth changing the diff oil.

p.s. your location is blank, where in the UK are you?

:cool:

peterv8
25-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Supercharger!! :D:D

I second that!:D
But for starters I would go for the K&N filter and some new back boxes, personally I'd go for the Zero's which have the quad outlets but the Xpowers are louder the say but only with a single oval outlet.

Don't forget to check if you have the upgraded heaterhose which you can buy from the shop.
If you're getting problems getting cool air the heatervalve may leak and there is an upgraded one from Black olive.

Welcome to the club!:)

Herman
26-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Please excuse these stupid messages but I'm new to the whole 260 thing.

I have come to it late in life (mid fifties) having had several performance cars in last 5 years inc, Audi TT mk1 and 2, Audi S4, Brabus roadster, MGB V8 to name some.

Which one was the performance car ??:~

ColinE
26-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Which one was the performance car ??:~

Now now Herman - be nice ;)

Stu C
26-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Nice colour ;)

But echoing what others have said, you'll just be grinning ear to ear with the xpower rear boxes, and a nice shiny accufab under the bonnet will work wonders. Or BBK should you want to go that route as well of course :)

re-tread
26-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Nice colour ;)

......, you'll just be grinning ear to ear with the xpower rear boxes,

Where does the grin stop if you go see uncle Brian then ?

~JJ~

Welcome and enjoy

ColinE
26-09-2010, 12:38 AM
Where does the grin stop if you go see uncle Brian then ?

~JJ~

Welcome and enjoy

I don't know but I'd love to find out - Uncle Brian, I like that!!

ksilver
26-09-2010, 05:38 PM
I run all my cars on Shell V Power.

You're not going to get the benefit of the V power in standard trim, you could try under drive pulleys and a timing adjuster, I am currently at around 8' timing advance to get the best out of V power and LPG (c.105 RON).

AndyG
26-09-2010, 05:57 PM
I don't know but I'd love to find out - Uncle Brian, I like that!!

How about the "Goodfather". :)